[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>M/23 >Girlfriend of roughly 2 1/2 years just broke up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: wasteland.png (111 KB, 740x250) Image search: [Google]
wasteland.png
111 KB, 740x250
>M/23
>Girlfriend of roughly 2 1/2 years just broke up with me.
>This was my first relationship

She couldn't give me a reason other than she didn't love me anymore. How the fuck do I handle this /adv/?
>>
>>17095296
Well, you're in the exact same boat i was in 2 years ago, except i was 21.
Don't do what i did which was to hold on to the past and drink heavily.
Instead, do what i did after that.
I went that summer on a spontaneous trip to a music festival with friends, really gave me some perspective.
So, go do something you've never done, preferably somewhere you can explore and meet a lot of new people.

You need to let go of the past and look towards tomorrow as a clean slate where you can take your first step on a new chapter in your life.

It worked out awesome for me in hindsight, im sure you'll share my point of view in time.
>>
>>17095296

>how do i handle this
>how do i cope
>wahhh

ur not looking for real advice when you ask this question. and even if you were the answer would always be the same. only you really know how you'd cope with it in the little ways, but the legitimate answer is you just keep living oyur fucking life cuz your life is exactly the same as it was 2 and a half years ago
>>
you're going to have all sorts of thoughts and doubts and anxities

you're going to think it was all your fault, that if you had done something different it wouldn't have happened, that if you change something you'll get her back

the thing about breakups is that sometimes there's no set reason as to why it happened. sometimes feelings change, sometimes compability wanes, and a lot of the times it's just some arbitrary thing that doesn't reflect on the people involved. people change and it might seem like too simple of an answer but it's really not. it's not personal or planned, it just happens. it's progression, it's something everyone goes through. you will be in her position someday

you're going to be okay, eventually. it'll take awhile and it will hurt. there's nothing really you can do about that. what you can do is use this as an opportunity for yourself. find something to do, try new shit, fall back into hobbies you've let go, do something. it'll be distracting and transformative and a good center for when you feel lost

do yourself the favor of not losing all self control. don't turn to drinking or drugs or promiscuity thinking it will change anything. you might feel good temporarily but you need to actually deal with these feelings and be proactive, otherwise it's just a downward spiral
>>
>>17095453
This made me feel 600% better. Thank you.
>>
>>17095296
Stay single alot more enjoyable.

Poon comes and goes. Most relationships eventually and and its very unlikely that you will find some woman to love you as much as you think you love her. Women aren't capable of loving the way you'd want them to also that's just retarded.

Enjoy being single shit nigga.

The next relationshit you get into after this will end the same and you will be just as surprised and hurt.

What's so bad about a fuck buddy here or there if you "absolutely" need a warm hole to stick your dick in. Or just jack off.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.