[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Law of Attraction and Dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 56514958_p0.jpg (687 KB, 1472x777) Image search: [Google]
56514958_p0.jpg
687 KB, 1472x777
Can the "Law of Attraction" be used to attract a specific person into your life whom you have a history with or maybe change their feelings about you?

I haven't been in contact with my EX in about 8 years, although I did contact her 2 years ago to say I was sorry about some things I did (I never cheated, was just an ass). She said she forgave me, had mixed feelings about our past but we agreed to never talk again.

The thing is, she was perfect for me. We were so similar in our interests, in how gentle we treated each other, and even our childhoods. We basically both shared the same vision of what we wanted our future to be, but things fell apart when I tool a yearlong trip to Japan and she fell out of love after a year of sparse contact.

She believes in alot of dream spirituality, and talks often about harnessing dreams, etc on her social media. Maybe I'm crazy, most likely it's wishful thinking, but I often have dreams about her where we are close again, or where we make amends, or where we are just good close friends laughing together. The settings were almost always the kinds of things she loved: giant mushroom houses, fairytale worlds, magical forests, etc. I was having these even before I knew she was into that sort of stuff. Could we be having some sort of metaphysical connection or yearning for each other? Could I use this Law of Attraction to reach out and such maybe before I try to contact her one last time? I do know she's single right now, but so are most of us huh?

yes, I'm fully prepared to be ripped apart here for suspending my disbelief for this stuff.
>>
The LoA you read about in works like The Secret is based on a watered-down New Age understanding of the Law of Positive attraction, which is a legitimate occult concept. The essence of the real law is that like attracts like. For example, wealth attracts more wealth.

The way it's presented more commonly in popular media is essentially a psychological trick to help you focus on your goals. If, for example, you have a vision board that has a lot of money-related images, you'll think about money more often, and you'll notice opportunities you may otherwise have missed. Additionally, the constant reinforcement of your goals helps avoid distractions.

(cont.)
>>
>>17095213
(cont.)

Now, for obvious reasons, using this understanding to get an ex back is a bad idea: it will merely force you to have oneitis. Bad idea.

However, you can use the legit occult law of attraction to help get her back, but it involves a more complicated mind game. Rather than focusing on her, think about what you would need to be in order for her to come back to you /of her own accord/ and attract her by making those changes in yourself.

So, your vision needs to be one of self change, and your use of the LoA should be used to promote such change in yourself. I. other words, attract the moth by being resplendent instead of trying to catch it while it flies away. Start preparing your mind using this exercise from Prometheus Rising.

Good luck, anon
>>
>>17095216
that's pretty fascinating.. anyway, thanks anon.
>>
>>17095216
One of the most interesting things I've read here in awhile. I'll give it a go.
>>
>>17095216
I've been thinking about this alot the past hour. I do need to strive to be a better person, and over the past 8 years I've basically changed in so many ways, I cringe to think of the asshole I used to be. I wish we had met now instead of then.

I know I'm 10 times more the mate for her than I was then, but now my fear is that there was too much damage done 8 years ago that there's nothing I can do. It's sad that I'm turning to occult theories to try to give me that one chance to convey that I've changed.

I'm eager to try these experiments though. I think I can improve and become even stronger, and even better person. And if she will atleast just be my friend after I contact her, then I think I've already won.

Am I wasting my time or giving myself a case of oneitis if I concentrate on her or try some sort of dream contact to help ease her thoughts about me?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.