[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point to studying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 59a.png (413 KB, 516x792) Image search: [Google]
59a.png
413 KB, 516x792
I have a ADD and it takes alot of
focus for me to pay attention.
And recently even though I've been taking my medication and focusing more my grades haven't improved at all. What should I do?
>>
>>17094834

>What should I do?

Go back to your doctor.

Medication isn't a guarantee for good grades but it definitely plays a role.

You need to analyze exactly what it is thats causing your poor grades. Is it JUST because you aren't paying attention in class or could it possibly be a combination of your ADD and work ethic?

Either way, go back to your doctor.
>>
>>17094843
my work ethic is make an attempt to work for 10 minute
get distracted
and barley get anything done
>>
if school matters to you then of course there's a point to studying and making your best efforts to succeed there.

if it doesn't matter to you then fuck it, study something you actually have a personal interest in, just be aware that doing poorly in school may alter your future.

this issue has many factors and you BARELY gave us any details. you're probably just going through a phase where you haven't really even begun to master the art of focusing your mind on things. you should know that if you never learn this and develop this art of focusing it will only hurt you in future when you're a scatterbrained dumbass.

for the good of your future life and well-being, take time to develop better habits with regards to your studies.
>>
Maybe you need to find better motivators for yourself. Lifehacker has a ton of articles on this. Try learning a study system and pick up some highlighters.

Also, talk to your doc. Type 2 ADHD here, and I went through 4-5 different meds and a bunch of different doses before we got it right. It takes time.
>>
some tips:

>don't listen to music while studying, it's distracting
>however, listen to some of your favorite music before studying, not for too long, 20 minutes is fine, but it will actually help get your mind more stimulated and ready to focus and learn
>stay away from tv and computer related distractions if possible; if you're studying with your computer, consider something like putting a block on distracting websites, etc to enable your focus and prevent distraction
>drink tea, like green or oolong tea, because l-theanine is proven to promote relaxed alertness and improve focus
>avoid other caffeinated drinks without l-theanine
>try and get good, restful sleep, in the dark, in silence
>eat a good diet and get regular exercise
>try meditating by focusing your mind on an object in front of you or your in and out breathing while gently excluding frivolous thoughts, this strengthens the mind like a muscle

op, the mind is our best friend or worst enemy, if we don't keep it in shape, it will turn against us. establish good habits in your life and stick to them. write them down and observe whatever works best for you in your life. the body functions best in regular healthy routines, random living is chaos for the body and mind.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.