[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do I Buy car for Uber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: car.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
My old faithful Toyota 96 finally died, right as I'm graduating college. I've got 5000 in the bank.

I need to save up money so I can move to New York where there will be a lot more job opportunities for me. My current internship pays very little.

I've done a good deal of research. I want to put a down payment on a car that I can use for Uber. Then use Uber to pay for the car and save up money.

What I figure was that if I put 3k on a 10k vehicle, I'll pay about 300 a month on it and about 250 a month for insurance. Seems like pretty high insurance, but that seems to be the going rate for "ride-share friendly insurance". I currently won't need to worry about rent.

I want to know what can be expected of purchasing a car? Fees associated from buying from dealers, how do I spot bullshit, how much can I expect to talk the price down? Do I have to deal with this shitty try-to-fuck-over-the-customer style of sales from the 70s?

My current plan is to walk in and basically have a plan printed out like : "This is the car I found online, I want to test drive it. If I want it, I want to put down exactly this much and I want to pay no more than this a month, for as short a period as possible. I don't want to talk about other cars or finance options, I want exactly what was advertised on the website or better or I'm leaving."
>>
Yes you can expect to talk to the price down. Just say something lower than you want then let them come up to something. Or they will say no.

Before you actually buy a car, pay a mechanic on Craigslist to come and check it out for you. I caught two people last time trying to pulls some shit. Something with the radiator, and another one with the air conditioner or air pump or something.

You're going to overpay at a dealership.
>>
>>17094570
Holy shit why is your insurance $250? You just need standard insurance to drive for Uber. In your case get liability since it's a used car.

My insurance is $225/month but only because I have a sports car now with full coverage and a DWI. Before that liability on my truck was $75/month.

Good luck trying that if you go to a dealership. They're gonna bullshit you, but yes stay firm with what you want. Don't come off too abrasive. It's good to be assertive not be an ass. Low ball them first then eventually stop going up when you get to the price you don't want to pay more for. You don't have complete control over financing. It will depend on what the bank they use allows based on your income. You'll probably have high interest even with good credit, like mid 4-10%, and a long payment plan with low monthly payments.
>>
>>17094586
I'm so sketched out by buying from owners. I bought a car for 2000k once when I was younger, even got it looked at by a mechanic. The head gasket cracked on day two. I was lucky enough to have redneck cousins willing to harass the fuck out of this dude into giving my money back. Turns out he knew it blew and put some kind of sealant shit in it that he knew would only last a week at max.

I'm looking for a very specific car, I'm pretty set on a Prius. My friend has had one for years and has said nothing but good things about it. I've also driven it a few times and I really liked it. It's really hard to find a car that specific from an individual.

>>17094611
I just did a Geico estimate, the first time I tried and put "I'll be using this for uber" it shut me out and said "we don't offer rideshare insurance"

What company can I go with? I've heard some will cut you off if they find out you do Uber.

I just want to get a 2009-2011 Prius, so my overhead cost of Ubering will be lower. Or something with comparable MPG/Reliability
>>
>>17094611
Where do I look on Craigslist for this service? Do you generally set up a meeting time?
>>
>>17094570
>college grad taking out a loan for a car
>wants to move to the big city
fucking what
is this b8?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.