[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College and Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: college.jpg (122 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
122 KB, 800x600
I want to do bioengineering as a college major because I like bio and math and it's pretty cool. I've heard it's a shit major though.

Has anyone else had experience with this major?
>>
>>17090988
It depends wholly on the school, since it's not an established engineering field like mechanical or chemical. Since you like math, you'll have an easier time than others, but depending on where you go to school for it you could be doing anything from only focusing on the medical side of it to focusing on standard engineering disciplines, but just slightly tweaked for a biological focus. Neither of those two extremes provides you with the knowledge you need as a bioengineer.

Also, unless you want to work for a big time medical company doing paperwork, you need to learn outside the curriculum and have an interest in interdisciplinary engineering.
>>
>>17091006
I'm going to UCSD for bioengineering. I've heard it has a good program, what are your thoughts on it?

I also plan to do research if that means anything.
>>
>>17091035
Fuck you, that's my thought on it. I wanted to study there but it was too expensive, so I had to go to a decent local state school. You sound like you'll be fine; you'll know in the first year whether you like the field or not.
>>
File: 1454891737580.jpg (24 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1454891737580.jpg
24 KB, 301x267
>>17091057
Haha, thanks dude.
I got to experience the glory that is being a California Resident.

Good luck at your studies.
>>
>>17091035
UCSD fag here. Not a bioengineer but UCSD has one of the best bioengineering programs around. I live with a graduate student doing bioengineering here and he calls UCSD the Harvard of bioengineering if that means anything.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.