[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to hit on a cashier? My colleague says i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1448979809940.jpg (24 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
1448979809940.jpg
24 KB, 381x396
What is the best way to hit on a cashier? My colleague says i should write my phone number on a banknote and pay with it but it seems too childish.
I kinda just want to ask her out but every time I meet her there are tons of customers and her colleagues around her wich makes it awkward to start a conversation that isnt about groceries. Im not a social person wich isnt helping at all.
She seems really into me as she always plays with her hair and smiles at me when i meet her but its impossible for me to ask her out for a drink due to earlier mentioned reasons
>>
>>17090724

>its impossible to ask her out because someone might hear!!1!

this is your issue. you want your cake and to eat it to. you arent that much better than those guys who say
>is there any way to ask a girl out without risking awkwardness?

dont do the banknote thing as that can have mixed results. if you know what you would conversate about if people werent around, then do that.
>>
>>17090730
>if you know what you would conversate about if people werent around, then do that.
I would just ask if she has any plans for tonight and ask if she wants to grab a drink. But with a line of customers behind me and two of her colleagues behind her, its fucking awkward, dont act like its not cause it is
>>
>>17090744

>its fucking awkward
>dont act like its not

im not saying it isn't. its hella awkward. which is why i specifically mentioned how other anons will ask for a non awkward way to ask out a girl they know.

there is no non awkward option. you admit it yourself. there are no cheat codes. you could try scoping out her aisle walking back and forth with a cart full of food until she happens to have no one there, but it sounds to me like you'd waste more time than not if this hasn't naturally occurred yet.

the only advice i can give is (if you havent already) start striking up casual conversations so that you're on a flirtation basis. that way when you ask her out its not left field for her specifically.

but there is no magic solution to make these people run away from the aisle when you plan to ask her out.
>>
>>17090724
How long have you been flirting with her? How meaningful/successful where your conversations with her about groceries? Have you spoken to her about anything besides groceries?
>>
>>17090750
>start striking up casual conversations so that you're on a flirtation basis.
That seems like a good idea, making the conversations longer and longer every time.
And yes i am really looking for a non awkward way but i guess there is none
>>17090757
For like a year, its getting embarrassing at this point, she obviously knows by now im into her as i always pick her line and turn red in front of her. But she has the same kind off, in front of me so im not yet the creep who stalks her.
>Have you spoken to her about anything besides groceries?
I once had a amazing 12 second convo about their opening time and a month ago we talked about their win a bike scratch contest for atleast 10 seconds, other than that, no
>>
>>17090724
>write number on banknote

Nope nope nope.

>seems really into me as she always plays with her hair and smiles at me
>awkward to start a conversation that isn't about groceries

How do you even know she is actually into you and this isn't her normal behavior? Have you even had a conversation with her about shit outside of groceries?

Talk to her about some local events and break the ice with some conversation. Joke a bit. It's going to be tough to ask somebody out while they're at their job, and hell, it sometimes might be stacked against you if they're having a rough day or it's busy. I'd just chat her up more each time, getting on friendlier terms and gauging her reactions/interest.

Then comes the final level: asking her out. No easy way of doing it and you just so happened to pick a girl on the job. Well, if you have been getting friendlier you'll just have to nut up and take the plunge during one convo.

Ya fail, ya fail. You at least tried. I've successfully asked out and dated a girl for a bit that was a cashier at a fucking Gamestop. I fucked it up later on due to being stupid. Shit is nerve-wracking and there's no easy way out but at least give it a shot, man.
>>
>>17090724
You could try to JUST HAPPEN to pass the store when it closes and she is going home and try striking up a conversation, if you dont take a risk nothing will happen ever, good luck whatever you decide to do.
>>
>>17090826

I don't know about that. Seems creepy and someone heading out of work probably just wants to get home ASAP or to friends. I'd stick with timing it in the store.
>>
>mfw OP
https://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY?t=45
>>
>>17090834
Are you OP?
>>
>>17090846

Nah, I'm >>17090808

Why?
>>
>>17090770
There's no way of telling whether you're compatible at this point. If you're looking for a hook-up, give her a cheesy pick-up line and ask her to write her number on the receipt. If you want to go on a date or anything remotely serious, stop now or risk having to find a new grocery store and not live within 200 feet of an elementary school.
>>
>>17090857
Was expecting you were OP looking for excuses as to why he could'nt do it, I dont see what is creepy with just happening to pass by, the street is not owned by the girl he likes.
>>
>>17090874

Gotcha. I guess I just pictured it being an out-of-the-way shopping center or something. If it's on a normal city street, yeah, that could be fine.
>>
>>17090750
>hella

Kys pls
>>
>>17090750
>2015 + 1
>Saying hella

Off yourself.
>>
>>17090826
Ive been staring at her for over a year now, i think for het its very obvious im into her, meeting her by accident like that is stalker tier, i dont want to creep her out
>>17090870
>If you want to go on a date or anything remotely serious, stop now or risk having to find a new grocery store and not live within 200 feet of an elementary school.
I dont understand this
>>
>>17090885
Don't wait for her outside the store. That's likely to scare her. She'll think you're a stalker.

Go there when it's not busy. Explain what you told us and ask her to get a drink or for her number.
>>
>>17090897
>I dont understand this

I think he's saying if you fuck up or things eventually go sour it could lead to awkwardness should you continue to shop at that place and she still work there.

It's up to you, man. Sometimes taking a risk pays off.
>>
>>17090903
>Don't wait for her outside the store. That's likely to scare her. She'll think you're a stalker.
I thought i messed it up a few times already by going there like 3 times in 3 days and looking like a stalker but then the next week she smiled at me again like she wants me bad, i think im not yet a creep
>Go there when it's not busy. Explain what you told us and ask her to get a drink or for her number.
Ive tried this a few times already but she is always at work when its busy and never when its not. Very annoying.
>>17090905
>if you fuck up or things eventually go sour it could lead to awkwardness should you continue to shop at that place and she still work there.
I have like 6 supermarkets within 15 minutes of me, nu

Btw, there is this much younger colleague of her who i can talk normally with without red head or awkwardness, would it be weïrd to ask her about hér? It seems like something kids do in highschool
>>
>>17090724
SK HER OUT ANON WHO CARES IF OTHER PEOPLE LISTEN THEY DONT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT U. ASK HER OUT B4 SOMEONE ELSE DOES
Good luck
>>
File: Trying to be a good person.png (1 MB, 1024x771) Image search: [Google]
Trying to be a good person.png
1 MB, 1024x771
>>17090724 Well, just ask her out to lunch. Take her to someplace nearby, but not a fast-food place, that's tacky. Just chat with her casually, I know you said you got issues with it, but once you get in a public place, it fades away. You like this girl, right? Then just talk, not the hardest thing. Worst case, you mess up a few words, not the end of the world. Easy to recover if you acknowledge it to a light-comedy degree.

If I'm wrong, then blame me for it.

>"My colleague says i should write my phone number on a banknote and pay with it" Literally the worst idea I've ever heard.
>>
>>17090724
Ffs, just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. If you crash and burn, be lighthearted about it and move on. No biggie. I can't tell you how many times I've waited in line at the local grocery store or coffee shop while a guy asks a qt out. It doesn't bug me. Most other shoppers are too self-absorbed in their own shit to care and they can fuck themselves.

In my single femanon days, I actually asked my barista out one day after 6 months of flirting. Said something like would he be up for grabbing lunch- a change of pace from coffee. He said yeah, and it was cool, but over lunch, I realized we were just too dissimilar. No big deal.

My advice is not to get infatuated with people who are being paid to service you as a customer (waitress, cashier, etc). The good ones are affable and flirty to everyone.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.