[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to leave home cause my mother is a psycho. Is it better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1426321167220.gif (234 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1426321167220.gif
234 KB, 500x374
I want to leave home cause my mother is a psycho.

Is it better to live alone or with roommates?
>>
>>17090022

it depends on a thousand million details. one is not inherently better than the other.

generally if you can afford to live on your own, you do. some people like having roommates cuz even if they can afford to live on their own, more money in the pocket is nice. others like knowing someone else is in the house in case something happens. some people enjoy having someone live around for the interaction, however some look for roommates because they want interaction but end up with a roommate who isn't good for it, or has qualities that dont make it worth it.

you dont know if someones goign to be a good roommate until youve lived with them for at least three months, and even then it can change.

i had a great roommate until his step father died. then he just became the worst. i waited three months to see if he'd get better and he didnt so i kicekd him out.
>>
Alone.

Through my experience you will find room mates not to be much better.
>>
I love one of my roommates, and I'm not a fan of the other, but the one I don't really like spends most of his time traveling for work, so it's a sweet setup.

The extra money is great. I pay like $200-$300 a month and their rent covers my mortgage and a chunk of the utilities.

Saves me a looooot of money for other things, like travel.
>>
>>17090041
>>17090049
>>17090058
Thanks! I'm thinking if I find some cool roommates it wouldn't be bad to spend some time interacting or going out together.

Do you not get bored staying alone? I usually just sit at the computer or write.
>>
>>17090179

>i usually just sit at the comptuer or write

thats essentially what my life is made out of for the most part, but i sincerely enjoy those activities. i consider both productive cuz i spend all my time either giving advice to help people, or i write, so it feels like im contributing to the world as opposed to just dicking around on /b/.

when i do want interaction i go for my friends. I think the issue herei s you are hoping you will get friends, but you likely wont. sometimes you do. its surprising. i once had a guy move in and we became best fucking buds. other time a guy came in and its perfectly nice and we got chemistry but he does his own thing and i do mine (as i currently have).

you wont know what its like until you move in, and by then its hard to evict.

i dont live alone, but its sorta like i do. my current roomamte stays in his room, but its never awkward to be around him. its a very convenient life. only issue is he keeps stealing my TV.
>>
>>17090179

Even though I like my roommates, I honestly just spend most of my time in my room with the door shut browsing the web and watching TV. Occasionally we'll all play a game in the living room or something but not that often.
>>
>>17090022

not OP, but I have social anxiety and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to move in a house with 2 other guys
>>
Roommate.

>roommate may be equally psychotic as mother
>roommate and mother may begin communicating which opens the possibility for manipulation
>roommate may have boundary issues
>only have to pay 50% of utilities and rent

Alone.

>privacy
>sanity and peace
>psychotic individuals will be unable to fuck your shit and manipulate your situation as easily, little to no room for drama
>solo paying bills, less money for groceries and living expenses
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.