[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I feel like this is the best board to ask for a question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Okay, I feel like this is the best board to ask for a question like this.

I've been wanting to be a costume character at Disney for a while now, mainly as pic related cause he's probably one of my favorite Disney characters and I just love his design. I think I'd do a pretty good job and it'd be loads of fun to do. The only problem I think I have is that I'm 5'7 and I hear they only hire tall people for these types of jobs. I was just wondering if anyone that knows about this stuff could maybe either confirm of deny this?
>>
>>17088884
If you want to be a "rubberhead" as in the pic, your height shouldn't be a problem (I think). Requirements are a lot more stringent on the princesses - facial structure, body, etc. As a rubberhead character, you'll need to demonstrate that you are fit, responsible, etc. it gets hot in those costumes. I don't think they'll require any performance experience like some of the character hosts are at an advantage for having. But you'd have to learn the manual about do's/don'ts "on stage". There are some general rules for any cast member, and others are obviously specific by character. Good luck.
>>
>>17088904
Ah, I see. Yea, I've heard that auditioning for a "rubberhead", as you call it, only requires that you sort of behave and move like the character you're auditioning for. And obviously a plus for me is that I don't even have to talk. Also thank you.
>>
I've talked to people who do this, and they've all told me it sucks mad shit.
Don't do it if you don't have to, mate
>>
>>17088931
Oh, I see. Did they say why it sucked?
>>
>>17088938
You might enjoy it, OP... Don't let an anon crush the Disney magic for ya! (I worked in the parks when I was younger and loved being in the parks everyday, even though I had a job that I didn't like)
>>
I was a rubberhead when i was a teen to make some money on the side. It wasn't at disney, but - my god - i'm so happy i don't have to do that anymore. It's hot as all hell!! You will be as wet as if you took a shower. And the costumes smell HORRIBLE. All the liters of sweat from previous people inside it... Ugh... And the rubber itself. I'm gagging, even thinking about it. And the heads are usually very heavy and restrict your view immensely. It's a really draining job. I'd rather clean toiletts than do this again...
>>
>>17088988
Yea that'd be nasty, though I hear the ones in Disney have fans and some sort of cooling system.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.