[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The last few weeks my gf has been acting funny. Every time I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
The last few weeks my gf has been acting funny. Every time I see her she looks upset, then when I go to ask her whats wrong she puts on a fake smile and says everything is ok. Been with her for 2 years... anyone had this kind of issue?
>>
>>16461007
How can you be sure it's a fake smile? Do you never daydream on dumb things sometimes, then snap out of it when someone talks to you?

If someone says they're okay, why would you doubt them? Do you think they would lie to you?
>>
>>16461022
Are you 12 ?
Have you ever dated / been commited to a woman ?
They (90% of them) want you to either guess whats wrong or already know what's wrong...
Is it chilish ? Of course
Is it ever going to change ? Yea when they are 30+ and realise that playing chilish game like that is pointless

OP
Ask her whats bothering her.
When she smiles and says nothing is wrong, call her out on it.
Say:
We have been together long enough for me to tell when something isbothering you. Just tell me what it is...
If she persists with the "nothing is wrong" story then there are 2 options.
1) nothing is wrong
2) something is wrong and she dosent want to tell you what it is.

Try to be dominate in this. Dont just say "oh, ok then." And live on.. stay on it untill you get a conclusion to the convo.
>>
You won't like the answer.

9/10 times girls do this when they're pining for or thinking of someone else.
>>
>>16461032
Nobody I know behaves that way. I'd like to know where you're getting that 90% figure.

>We have been together long enough for me to tell when something is bothering you.

What if you're overestimating your psychic powers?
>>
>>16461039
I'm an attorney. Heard the same story a thousand times.
>>
>>16461037
anyone else agree with this thoery?
>>
>>16461039

>Nobody I know behaves that way. I'd like to know where you're getting that 90% figure.

This is the reason why i asked the first 2 questions in my post kid. Lots of fucking women inder 30 behave like this ... its the way they develop emotionally. Women being crazy isnt a steriotype for no reason.

>What if you're overestimating your psychic powers?

So now woth this comment im 90% sure you're just trolling. How can you be in a relationship with another human for 2 years and not get a feel for when they are upset by or about something? Please kid go back to school, learn a little about life and maybe even get into an actual relationship before giving someone else advise about one.
>>
>>16461046
Yup
>>
>>16461054
oh okay, explain further
>>
>>16461056
See
>>16461037

Not sure how much more explaining you need ?
The only thing you can do is talk to her about it.
>>
>>16461053
They seemed rhetorical.

All I have is your word, and in my experience, none of this is accurate. And I say this as a woman under 30. Develop emotionally, are you a fucking biologist too? What are you talking about?

>How can you be in a relationship for 2 years and not get a feel for when they are upset by or about something

If you're going out of your way to lie to eachother about things you actually do want to talk about, you guys have bigger problems than the problems you want to talk about.
>>
>>16461073
usually we talk but shes saying theres nothing wrong.....yet she slammed the door behind her, turns the lights off and go straight to bed and its only 8pm....she goes to be at 12...this has been happening for a couple days now ive tried asking her mutiple times what is wrong bu the same response is given i dont know what else to do
>>
>>16461073
>They seemed rhetorical.

They were questions. They were not rhetorical.

>All I have is your word, and in my experience, none of this is accurate. And I say this as a woman under 30.

All i have is 20+ years of dating expeoence and 5 yr long happy and healthy marrige. Im not a woman but then again i dont think you are either so im obviously discounting your word. That said if i did belive you are you 100% saying in all truthfulness you have never once played any sort of bullshit out like OP's GF ? If not then
A) welcome to the 10% of your speicies that give the other 90% a bad name.
B) your a lieing whore.

>Develop emotionally, are you a fucking biologist too? What are you talking about?

Women that interact with other women durring times of emotional development (puberty)....(highschool) often try their hand at or become in some way emotionaly manipulated. It how women are more so than men (they use their words more thab their fists) this is not biology btw its psychology. The fact that you couldnt differentiate between the 2 is the reason why i asked if you were 12 ...

>If you're going out of your way to lie to eachother about things you actually do want to talk about, you guys have bigger problems than the problems you want to talk about.

I agree with this. Belive it or not some people actually fear confrontation. Its called, Atychiphobia. It is also heavily linked to childhood trama. I hope that makes more sense to you. Also im not OP and im not having issues. Im just trying to give him adv thatbwill help him instead of going of 4chan pretending to be a woman and saying pointless shit.
>>
>>16461089
Refer to
>>16461032
Everything below the letters O and P was directed at you.
>>
>>16461100
im not pretending to be a woman?
also she acts like a massive child 50% of the time meaning we have childish arguments. this still dosent answer my question btw
>>
Has something happened in the past month that caused her to be in any way upset with you?
>>
>>16461120
i dont know im cant really figure it out, im thinkin maybe she might like this guy at work that all the toher girls at my work are frothing over
>>
>>16461117
Just so you know
>>16461100
Was a reply to
>>16461073
Which I would assume is
>>16461022

Which is not you ... and if it is congrats on fucking up your own argument.

>im not pretending to be a woman?
also she acts like a massive child 50% of the time meaning we have childish arguments. this still dosent answer my question btw

From this post im going to assume you are OP. What wuestion dif you ask exactly ?

>anyone had this kind of issue?
Yes i have many times and i have already told you whatto do about it... is there any other question i missed by you ?
>>
>>16461131
can you be more thorough with your answer?
>>
>>16461135
Ask her whats bothering her.
When she smiles and says nothing is wrong, call her out on it.
Say:
We have been together long enough for me to tell when something isbothering you. Just tell me what it is...
If she persists with the "nothing is wrong" story then there are 2 options.
1) nothing is wrong
2) something is wrong and she dosent want to tell you what it is.

Try to be dominate in this. Dont just say "oh, ok then." And live on.. stay on it untill you get a conclusion to the convo.
>>
>>16461140
lol, this has already been my tactic, i actually dont know what to do hey
>>
>>16461143
If this has already been your tactic then you havent pushed it hard enough m8. Devolve this shit into an outright screeming match if you need to. Its either she wont tell you. Or there is nothing wrong. Either way you need a result.
>>
>>16461150
what do you mean by a screaming match, whats the point of that?
>>
>>16461163
.... i mean if you have tried what i suggested and it hasn't worked then get up in her face and yell at her untill she tells you whats wrong ...
>>
>>16461174
I don't think this is good advice. I think this is absolutely terrible advice.
>>
Maybe apathy is not the right approach.
Saying "Cool" and moving on will make her feel like she is justified in her hesitations of opening up to you.

Be persistent but loving. Show concern.
>>
>>16461174

That's horrible advice. My boyfriend throws a mini tantrum if I am apprehensive with opening up and now I can't talk to him at all.
>>
>>16461195
>>16461189
>>16461174
>>16461163
"He isn't even getting upset enough to really try to figure out what's wrong.. he doesn't even like me."
>>
this is what you do

>invite her over
>cook her dinner
>make pleasant conversation over the meal with a glass of wine or two
>compliment her appearance
>give her a shoulder massage while she eats her favorite dessert you got for her
>run her a hot bath
>offer to help wash her hair
>grab her head and force it under the water for 20 seconds before allowing her to come back above the surface
>shout 'WHAT THE FUCK'S BEEN GOING ON BITCH'
>plunge her head back underwater for another 20 seconds
>repeat until she tells you what's troubling her
>>
File: hue.png (6 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
hue.png
6 KB, 168x200
>>16461205
>>
>>16461197
It is not a good idea to behave inappropriately in the hope that it is secretly what someone wants. It goes against every principle of proper communication within a healthy relationship. It is what leads to widespread verbal abuse.
>>
>>16461046
Yup
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.