[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><Random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>Brandon, that one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships and fart guy
Fuck off
>>
I asked this in the other thread, but didn't really get an answer.

Where do older people go to meet women? I'm 31, not in school, and my workplace is almost exclusively men. My friends don't like going to bars, and I don't like clubs.

Online dating is not an option. I tried it once, it was a spectacular failure, and I'm not going through that again. The only bit of advice I got was to do online dating, which I had shady mentioned not being an option. Oh, and "literally anywhere outside," which is about as close to a non-answer as you can get without just going "i dunno lol."
>>
>>17094470
every girl I have met has been on facebook.
>>
>>17094482
I never got a Facebook. At first it was because I didn't see a point, then to be a contrarian, and now almost twelve years later, if I've gotten this far without one, might as well not bother.
>>
>>17094470
Friends of friends?
Join a gym or club
Take a class and maybe you'll meet someone.
I met my bf online and we are both 31. We are great together. You just have to be cautious.
>>
>>17094496
>might as well not bother.

Oh cool, so everything's working out for you then?
/adv/s done it again! Another life fixed!
>>
>>17094496
>if I've gotten this far without one,
or
>Where do older people go to meet women

it works.
>>
Females,
I asked a girl out, got rejected, but got a number.
We've become pretty good friends since, and see each other a good amount by being the the same major. After becoming friends I’ve come to like her more, and I think I am growing on her too.
Next semester we are staying in multiroom suite with others, and it's our last year.

What is the etiquette? Do I ask her out again? Or is it now up to her?

we're both fairly shy people. But we've even gone on weird not-dates, half of the list in the OP has been done.
>>
Girls, if you are around the age of ~30 do you find younger looking men attractive at all? I'm turning 30 in a couple months but I look like I haven't aged a day in 13 years. And even when I was 17 I looked younger than everyone else.

I'm also incredibly pale.

I might be a vampire.
>>
Guys, how important is it that I tell you that you have a big penis, even if it's only average (if that)? My boyfriend keeps asking if it's "too much" when it's barely 5x4in and I'm getting tired of telling him to "slow down" because I'm scared I might destroy his ego.
>>
>>17094602
Are you acting like it hurts while fucking? Girls are fucking god awful at communicating during sex. Or you just now wet enough and making a pained face?

Sometimes if it's too dry or you go in a bit too much it can hurt. He might just be asking why you're making the face you are.
>>
>>17094503
Not bother getting a Facebook account, you illiterate fuckwit.
>>
>>17094602
>how important is it that I tell you that you have a big penis
It's not important, but it does feel nice to know I wrecked a girl with my dick. I'm average sized, but have dated a lot of small Asian girls, and know it was too big for some of them.
>>
I come from a well off family and I can't motivate myself properly to study at university. I have all the tools needed to succeed. A stable home life, friends, loving family, want-for-nothing. However, instead of succeeding I just keep going on massive bike rides, drinking too much, partying, and sleeping with random women. What do I do? My entire family is made up of doctors and lawyers. The fuck ups join the military and serve as officers. I don't understand how a person with my genetics can find it so hard to motivate themselves. What do I do?
>>
>>17094727
Discover what interests you and what you could see yourself doing that requires a degree.
Then, go for said degree and apply yourself.
>>
i'm conventionally pretty but awkward as fuck and study comics for a living. where am i supposed to meet normal people to date ?? how does one approach a charming man
>>
>study comics for a living
How is that a thing?

>where am i supposed to meet normal people to date ?
At the comic book store, oh wait ...

>how does one approach a charming man
Depends where you're at?
>>
How should I proceed if I know a girl is interested in me, but I don't want to date her right now for embarrassing life reasons, but will be able to soon?

I'm 30 and live with my mom, but will be getting an apartment in a few months. It's not really as bad as it seems, I have a decent job and lived on my own for most of my 20's, I just lived out of the country for a few years and have lived at home since coming back.
>>
How many normal/foreplay dates before sex? I just got back from #2
>>
How do I tell a girl I don't like but who likes me to FUCK OFF without hurting her feelings? I don't care about her, I just don't want her to go psycho vengeful on me. It's happened before with girls against me, it's even happened to my mom with a lesbian girl.
>>
File: 02c_1_820.jpg (56 KB, 389x393) Image search: [Google]
02c_1_820.jpg
56 KB, 389x393
Women, why the hell do you get so got damn pissed off that men can't read your minds? You realize that's impossible right? Being distant and bitchy for no apparent reason making us ask "whats wrong?" and then saying "nothing" is not a fun time. We know something is wrong but there's no god damn way to tell exactly what. All we do know is that when you say "nothing" the rest of our day is going to be a fucking nightmare. We know that later that night you're going to be extremely confrontational with your"YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" bullshit or your wild accusations of "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" and "YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME AREN'T YOU."

Why. Why do you do this to us. Why do you want your guy to be living his entire life as if it were a detective mystery novel about figuring out what happened to make you such a fucking miserable cunt.
>>
Should I leave him alone, or?

>Recently met guy at my debate club
>we hooked up last weekend, where he drunkenly told me he really liked me and was nervous around me
>haven't done anything since, but still tease/flirt with each other in the club
>he's moving to another country in a month
>he also just got kicked out of the club for arguing too much with the leader
>the club was the only place we'd have a chance of bumping into each other

I mean i kinda just wanted a fling, but I think he really likes me and it might hurt him more to start something before he leaves, so I don't know if I should just leave him alone or not.
>>
File: 1452405524476.png (175 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1452405524476.png
175 KB, 356x356
>>17094512
Man here, I would recommend to keep your dick off your friends, but if you really want to go with this, distance your self from her in an elegant matter, and start approaching her like a potential partner. This can take quite some time. Since she knows some things about you, you need to change so that you are still familiar but also mysterious.
But anon, I am telling you, it's not worth it.
Alternative: Get her and yourself drunk and see where it all leads.
>>
>>17094933
This is a good perspective.

Those females aren't fun. Anyone who plays mind games like this isn't a good mate. I bet the intended effect is for them to receive attention, but it actually does the opposite: drives people away
>>
>>17094935
Tell him you know he's leaving in a month, so how would he like a physical relationship until then.
>>
>>17094974
I actually do like him as well though(i told him this while drunk too), so i wanted something more like dating with an expiration date. should i just ask for a physical relationship anyway? He said he's been used for sex before so I don't want him to think that
>>
>>17094984
Do the relationship if you want, as long as it's clear to him it's over when he moves.
>>
Girls:

How would you feel about a guy who wants to wait until you've developed an emotional connection before having sex?
>>
I'll cut it short
>uncuck myself and my life this year (really since December of 2014) and really feel alive now (grades skyrocketed , nofap, now no/little 4chan)
>look toward girls
>perfect 9/10 (not just in looks)
>like her , gonna ask her to prom , make all the shit
>get cucked by time basically and learn from her sister two days before the habenning she plans on going with someone else
>sister all sorry but thought my idea was amazing anyway
Fast forward
>go to musical with friends
>she's the 2nd lead (girl)
>oh fuck (remember how I fucked myself )
>for some reason still not giving up because I never got a formal no and still want to know her because I don't like any other girl at my school
>brother suggested I meet up with her or something
I don't have any class with her (anymore) were both seniors . I got her sisters cell and could potentially meet her 5th period if I skip lunch and chill in ap physics and study like I plan on doing for the next week.

Should I still pursue her ? How ? Asking her out to do something I. The hallway sounds pretty Cringey IMO. I also don't know if she knows I was gonna ask her , but I don't think she does (do sisters tell all? Lol)
>>
>>17095025
Awesome.
>>
>want to prompose to a girl (she said yes when I asked but I wanted to something better)
>been talking to her a while so I asked her where she lived so I could do my thing (I asked under the guise of knowing where to pick her up)
>she hasn't responded for 7 hours
Oh god, did I fuck up?
>>
Girls:

A friend of mine asked a guy for coffee but he never responded, I want to ask her for coffee, but I want to do it kinda funny. So i was thinking of asking her if that guy ever responded, and when she says no i'd reply with "Well, if its any consolation, I'd have had coffee with you"

Is that good, or should I refine my strategy
>>
Male here.

>Split with Girlfriend in March cause I wasn't making as much effort as I should have been
>remained in contact since
>been trying to win her back
>she told me she needs time to make her decision
>it's been nearly 2 months

What do? She's finally gotten to the point where she isn't mad at me 24/7 and we're talking like we used to
>>
>>17095050
I'm a dude, but that sounds good to me.

>guy she was interested in fell through
>you offer to replace him, which makes your intentions (more) clear
>casual, not desperate (e.g. "What an idiot!!!!1!! I'd have killed to have coffee with you xDDD")
>>
>>17095025
The best. I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>17094944
"friend" might be too much, but it adds to my confusion, we text all the time, animate side by side in the computer lab, and now rooming close together. I've only known her for a year and a half.
>>
>>17094933
>not being able to take obvious cues
Are you legitimately autistic? It's pretty always obvious, just listen to what she's saying and how she says it
>>
>>17095046
>>17095097
Is there a way of letting a girl know this early on in the whole courting process? I mean, I can't think of a way of bringing it up to a girl who's unsure or ambivalent about me
>>
>>17095080
That doesn't sound very good desu. Better move on...
>>
>>17095207
If she gets too touchy, tell her that you'd rathet wait till you know her a bit better
>>
File: 1432381992271.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1432381992271.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>17094470
>Online dating is not an option. I tried it once, it was a spectacular failure, and I'm not going through that again.
Storytime?
>>17094496
>I never got a Facebook.
How else are you going to pretend to keep in touch with old friends?

>>17094602
>Guys, how important is it that I tell you that you have a big penis, even if it's only average (if that)?
Not important to me at all, I'll just know you're lying and give you a face like pic related.

>>17094727
>What do I do? My entire family is made up of doctors and lawyers. The fuck ups join the military and serve as officers. I don't understand how a person with my genetics can find it so hard to motivate themselves. What do I do?
My family's like this too, it's just called the "professional class". Doesn't include only law and medicine, i'm sure you'll find professors, scientists, businessmen, and engineers if you look further through the tree.
You need to figure out what you like best. Explore other majors, you can do that pretty freely since your family can pay for your tuition for as long as you need.
>>
File: asthma.jpg (62 KB, 564x792) Image search: [Google]
asthma.jpg
62 KB, 564x792
>>17094750
>awkward as fuck and study comics for a living.
>where am i supposed to meet normal people to date ??
> how does one approach a charming man
Why do you want to date "normal people" if you're not one? Such a relationship is rarely fun after the initial rush of infatuation wears off.
If you study comics you probably have your pick of men frankly, either through the sociology/art history/whatever dept at your university, academic conferences, or your local comic/book/game shop.
>>
File: Cuck.png (419 KB, 2285x607) Image search: [Google]
Cuck.png
419 KB, 2285x607
>>17095189
Heh, sounds like you've met some particularly direct and reasonable women. Congrats on the luck or good taste if so.

But yeah, sometimes it really is obvious, pic related.
>>
Women please respond more often and in time.

Silent treatments are Apathy incarnate.
>>
>>17095189
>Are you legitimately autistic
Did you not even read the post you fucking retard? You clearly didn't seeing as the rest of your post is
>just listen to what she's saying
>how she says it
When I was talking about the silent treatment.

Congrats, you don't know how to fucking read. You are legit retarded.
>>
>>17095132
>only 1 1/2 years
Anon....
If you want to fuck her act like a man who fucks women. Not trying to sound macho or PUA, I was in the same quagmire the robots were but now man, I'm flying. Women appreciate sexual honesty more that this shitty site thinks. I suggest you follow the advice I posted earlier.
>>
>>17095050
My first reaction was to cringe, but maybe it'd work. It just doesn't sit well with me.

>>17095047
Why would she be mad at you for asking her address, especially for a legitimate reason like picking her up?
Her phone might have died, she might have looked at it when unable to respond and then forgot, she might have sent the text but it didn't go through, whatever. 7 hours is actually really short. If three or four days pass, that's when she probably won't be responding and you should text again about something else.

>>17095025
Sounds good to me.

>>17094926
What's she doing right now that you want her to stop doing?

>>17094812
You can still date her even if you're with your mom for a couple months.

>>17094750
Have you tried trying and seeing what happens even if it's a little embarrassing? You're assuming it'll be awful and pointless so you should never try. You'll never learn with that mindset.
>>
>>17095266
>Storytime?
Not much of a story. Tried once, sent out over a hundred messages and never got a reply. And it wasn't a mass copy/paste message, it was an actual attempt; so asking questions, "hey you like X, have you ever Y?" etc. So I dejectedly deleted the account.

About a year later, I tried again. Tried taking a better photo, got advice on my profile. Sent out close to another hundred messages, again, not a stock/generic "hi/sup/etc." Made sure to only message people who had the "replies often" icon. And again, never got a reply. Haven't ever really felt like trying again since.

Now after typing all that, I actually withdraw my original question about where to meet women, since the answer is obviously that I shouldn't even bother ever trying.
>>
Why do women even come here? Not that you aren't welcome, but 4chan in general has a very masculine/man-focused culture. Seems like it would be weird for you guys.
>>
>>17095458
>Seems like it would be weird for you guys.

Hello newfriend
>>
>>17095458
Attention, duh.
>>
>>17095461
I've been browsing 4chan since 2006, soo..nope.
>>
>>17095462
Except people can't tell what gender someone is unless there are hints in their post or they say it. I couldn't tell you the number of times I've been referred to as a guy.
>>
>>17095464
>I've been browsing
If you'd been engaged in board culture you would have known that most boards have been closer to 50/50 for the last half decade.
>>
>>17095469
Yes, because it's the fucking default. That's like going to stormfront and complaining that everyone assumes you're white.
>>
>>17095473
Nigger what the fuck is your point? I post and read, not keep track of genders, you retarded tripfag. Piss off.
>>
>>17095473
jej. ok faggot.
>>
>>17095481
I'm not complaining, you retard, I'm saying that it doesn't make any sense that we post for attention when no one can even tell we're female.
>>
>>17095482
Why would being on a board that's half women be weird for women?
>>
>>17095495
>half women
I don't even want to waste a reaction image on your post.
>>
>>17095495
It's not half women.
>>
>>17095495
/adv/ is only between a quarter and a third female, and /adv/ is one of the boards with a bigger female population.
>>
>>17095444
Guessing you're ugly or what? And what are you even looking for, sex or a relationship?

>>17095458
>Not that you aren't welcome, but 4chan in general has a very masculine/man-focused culture. Seems like it would be weird for you guys.
4chan's dominant culture is sub/counter-culture in general. And the hate is so universal that people just get numb to it. Women, gays/lesbians, trans folk, blacks, fat neckbeards, skinny nerds, normies, chads, etc, collectively everyone just hates everyone, so it spreads around.
And more importantly, none of us are particularly thin-skinned.
It's not like a femanon reads a shitpost and thinks
>oh i'm so hurt, these 4channers are so mean, imma go post this on my tumblr as a #microaggression
>>
>>17095400
any suggestions to improve the line then? How would you make it less cringey?
>>
>>17095513
Curious about this, any good stats?
Google Analytics springs to mind, but that probably paints a skewed picture considering how abnormal the average 4chan user's interest profile and browsing habits are. Especially since in western countries, introversion, eccentricity, and certain hobbies/interests (anime, programming, STEM, certain vidya, etc) have become strongly linked to male gender, but are also held by odd, rejected, or malfunctional females, ie the kind that are more likely to visit the site.

Alexa's a possibility but it's pretty terrible, probably only good for a rough ballpark (within 30%?).
>>
File: 1455434060567.jpg (10 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1455434060567.jpg
10 KB, 460x259
>>17095458
>masculine
No it's a place for bitter nerds. Women should fuck off though.
>>
>>17095458
What is '''here''' ?
/adv/ ?
Escapism.
/cgl/ /ck/ /lit/ ?
hobby
/r9k/ ?
attention
>>
>>17095624
There was an anon doing a massive survey and I don't know what happened to them, but I remember that being the proportion of females here. Interestingly, most people wanted to get married too
>>
So I have this friend that I'm interested and we've hung out a few times outside of class in a group setting. I want to pursue her, but then I matched with her on tinder (sent her a casual greeting) but never heard back from her.

Can I get an outside perspective on this?
>>
>>17095673
>hung out a few times
>never heard back
the only thing I can conclude is that she's not interested.
>>
>>17095684
I mean she seemed pretty excited to see me last time we met up and we are pretty solid friends besides that. Could she just be someone that doesn't take tinder seriously? I know I don't
>>
>>17095624
When you click Advertise on 4chan there's a box of 4chan demographics.

According to this ~30% of all users are female, but since none of us give 4chan any personal info I have no idea where they got this number, so view it as accurate as you wish.
>>
I guess I have a question for the girls. I was recently in the mental hospital and then outpatient therapy with a girl who was chubby in all the right places, in addition to having a little bit of a tummy. She was very self conscious about being 'fat', which she barely even was. I was sometimes tempted to say very bluntly that in my entirely objective viewpoint her fat was distributed in a very attractive way, and a lot of guys are into the body type she had. I figured it would be inappropriate to say that though. I didn't even mean it as a way to hit on her, I just wanted to explain that to her. Was I right in assuming that was too inappropriate/uncomfortable to say? We were almost kind of friends, it's not like she was just some random person who was also in treatment with me. Hell, we smoked weed together.
>>
Girls, would learning a guy has seen a prostitute totally disgust you? Either as a relationship partner or even just as a friend.
>>
>>17095591
>Guessing you're ugly or what? And what are you even looking for, sex or a relationship?
Obviously. I've decided to give up, though, so I'm not looking for anything.
>>17095692
She's interested in you as a friend, and nothing more.
>>17095652
Surveyfags show up every once in a while, and the methodology is flawed, and the results most likely worthless.
>>
>>17095827
What? Is he travelling this weekend? Why would you expect him to be in touch then?

>>17095839
I wouldn't say disgust, but it's a dealbreaker for a partner. I'd probably think less of him if he was a friend

>>17095833
Something like "nah, you're fine, plenty of guys would love to date a girl like you" is okay, "nah, you're fat in all the right places" is not.
>>
>>17095848

No, I'm travelling a lot. As far as I know, he's just at home over the weekend.
>>
>>17095848
I guess I was right to not say it. But I still feel like being graphic and really blunt about it would've had a better chance at convincing her than anything else, because it's harder to just shrug off. Plenty of people told her she had nothing to worry about, and it obviously made no difference. I'm probably wrong, but whatever.
>>
>>17095853
Whoops, read it wrong. Maybe he thinks you're busy or something? Have you messaged him?

>>17095857
It wouldn't make a difference whether you're blunt about it or not, especially if it's something she has issues about
>>
>>17095866

I have, several times. Not active to read them apparently. It really upsets me that I haven't even been given a moments thought and just reminded me that I'm the driving force behind everything.
>>
>>17095880
That's super weird then. Were they over Facebook?
>>
>>17095892

Yup. I could text or call but there's really no point as he's harder to get hold of than anybody else I know. Shuts himself off at times. This isn't the first time it has happened but usually we're together on the weekend so I don't notice.
>>
>>17095901
He may have just wanted some alone time. Either way, talk to him (don't yell at him) about this when he gets back to you.
>>
>>17095901
Well if it's something that he does not-infrequently, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
need girls advice, guys perspective wouldn't hurt either:
>be in college
>be typical geeky "nice guy"
>bit overweight, not particularly attractive
>ask several girls out over the years, two in particular that shot me down, a bit out of my league maybe but not by that much
>college days pass, shit happens
>discover my potential, become /fit/, become above average looks
>posted more recent photos on facebook and social media
>out of the blue this girl messages me, its one of the girls that shot me down in college
>suddenly asks me out for coffee

On one hand I feel like going out would be letting myself down since this girl at one point said I wasn't good enough and now it seems like she is only interested me after I've significantly improved myself. On the other hand that was years ago so maybe her reasons for being interested or not had nothing to do with appearance. Wat do?
>>
I haven't had sex in 4 years. Four. Fucking. Years.

I can talk to girls, but when it comes to initiating physical contact I get paranoid and don't know when to make a move.

I'm six and a half feet tall and have a very deep voice, and I'm afraid that people are afraid of me. I worry about coming off as forceful and scary due to my height and voice so I just wait for her to make a move, which clearly rarely works out. Sometimes I even have trouble flirting because of this.

Any advice?
>>
>>17095937
Here are your options as I see them:
Reject her request for coffee.

Go out for the coffee and reject her if she tries to make it something more.

Go to the coffee and let things escalate if they get there knowing she probably only asked you out because you've improved.

I would personally go for the second option, as it leaves things open for friendship but shuts down a relationship but it's up to you to decide what you want with her.
>>
What do you do when you've been with a girl for 5 years, and nothing is going right?

It started out good, but over time, it just became more and more about me taking care of her. I honestly feel more like a babysitter these day than a boyfriend. I've got a good sex drive, but I just don't find myself attracted to her anymore. A lot has happened, and it's at a point where we can't even be intimate anymore. Actually, it's been at that point for about 2 years. She was in an accident which exacerbated some of her pre-exisitng health issues, so now she's essentially stuck in bed.

I'm trying to help her, and I've tried to help her, but she expects me to carry her through that too. She can sit there and cry about her issues, but she can't put in the effort to try and find solutions on her own. It always falls back to me.

I'm frustrated. It doesn't feel like we're an intimate connected couple, and we live in the same damn house. What do I do? I don't think this is something I want to drag on forever, not if it's going to be like this. I have higher aspirations than that, and as much as I want to help her, it's imperative that she learn to help herself. You need to be an individual before anything else.

I guess I'm just worried. I'm not getting any younger, and these are the prime years of my life. I look around me and see what others are doing, but I've just got this chain attached to me.
>>
>>17095937
Would you date someone you weren't attracted to? No. Would you date someone you were attracted to? Yes. You've admitted that you weren't attractive when she turned you down, you can't hold that against her now.
>>
>>17094326
I consider myself to be a very feminine person but I have hormone imbalances apparently and have little black hairs that I have to regularly pluck on my chin and neck. In the past month two men have mistaken me for a dude (I have decent sized tits but they didn't see that part of me I guess). Should I kill myself?
>>
File: 97.jpg (38 KB, 576x292) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
38 KB, 576x292
Girlfriend of 5 years is wanting to move closer to her family, at the moment we are in MA, she wants to move to NYC to be closer to her family

Honestly I'm scared and nervous, I have no problem moving, but..I hear NYC can be pretty scary, we're getting an apartment right in Manhattan, I'm always reading about people getting mugged and robbed and apartments being broken into, I don't want to live in a place where I'm always paranoid and freaked out...

What do I do?
>>
>>17096009
Nah. Just make sure you keep it shaved.
>>
Why women are so concentrated around pleasing them in sex? I mean: for me it's always like "no blowjob for you before you lick my pussy", "no sex before you do the foreplay and foreplay means you're doing all the job with kissing me and I simply lay there doing nothing".

Am I simply too used to looking at porn, where women do all the job? Or are there some girls out there that are less passive in sex?
>>
>>17096009
PCOS?
>>
>>17096027
Yes actually.
>>
>>17096024
There are definitely girls out there less passive in sex.

Just last thread there was a girl who was agitated because she loved giving blowjobs and her boyfriend didn't like them. She's far from the first to come here with that problem. Some girls don't even like being eaten out.
>>
>>17096024
Probably because it's generally harder to get a woman to orgasm than a man. Or society thinks that.

>>17095947
If you've talked to her and it's not fixing, break up. Don't waste your time.

>>17095938
Stop thinking about what others MIGHT think of you. Don't make adjustments to your behavior unless someone has specifically given you a reason to. Overcompensating doesn't help, especially when you're not getting pussy.

>>17095937
I would decline unless you can 'get over' the fact that she rejected you for looks before. Chances are, you can't, and you probably shouldn't waste your time.
>>
>>17096024
>I mean: for me it's always like "no blowjob for you before you lick my pussy", "no sex before you do the foreplay and foreplay means you're doing all the job with kissing me and I simply lay there doing nothing".
Not a woman but in my experience women often demand that because there are a lot of men that think concepts like forplay are just a suggestion. If they gave the blowjob first, the guy will just doze off.

If she doesn't cut that behavior out once trust has been established, then shes just an idiot. Additionally, if she's just a dead fish in bed that just means she's selfish herself, or she doesn't want to be there.
>>
File: 1436207235687.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1064) Image search: [Google]
1436207235687.jpg
158 KB, 1024x1064
>>17095591
>And more importantly, none of us are particularly thin-skinned.
You lost me here. There are definitely a lot of extremely thin skinned posters on every board really. There are women who get triggered by r9k shitposts, there are people who have a heart attack over console wars and whatever else.

There will always be someone ass pained over some topic regardless of how trivial it is.
>>
I'm thinking of ending my current relationship before I get hurt. The guy I'm seeing is pretty much my best friend, things are great in general but I know something isn't quite right. I've been ignorant to it for so long because I was desperate to work things out but I can't keep ignoring it.

Should I go and see them to tell them, or would it be better to do it through text or email? I'm not sure what their reaction will be.
>>
>>17096145
> but I know something isn't quite right.
Well what is it?
>>
>>17096150

There's way too much odd behaviour that doesn't quite add up, far too much indifference which clearly isn't going to change. You know when you care for someone so much that you just continue to think the best of them, even though it's blatantly obvious that it isn't the case? I don't think he's in a place where he can manage a healthy relationship. I love the guy but I can't justify putting myself through such a one sided relationship.

He'll probably be happier alone anyway. He won't have to deal with my incessant insecurities and can focus more on himself.
>>
Girls(&Guys)
I met this girl for three dates or so and after that she didnt really wanted to meet up with, never had time, had a busy shedule and we couldnt make a date or anything for three weeks straight. Now she agreed to a spontan coffee date and i have a hard time interpreting it.
Is there still a chance? How do i present myself the best possible way? How do i ask her the best way if there is a chhance for more?
>>
>>17096153
that sounds like a whole lot of nothing to me. Just wild speculation supported by confirmation bias on your part most likely.

Are you sure it's not just YOU who doesn't want to be in the relationship anon?
>>
>Break out of my shell somewhat
>Meet some women, start dating
>Turns out its very common for them to do drugs, get wasted at parties

Is this supposed to be common stuff for people at 20? I have no idea what normal is supposed to be like, but I do know these sorts of behaviors arent healthy. I can't tell if I just have bad taste or if its a frequent issue.
>>
>>17096176

Oh no, definitely not. When things are good, this person makes me the happiest I've ever been. I can be myself around them, we just click. I've never wanted something to work as much. It breaks my heart to think about ending things.

It is speculation, you're right. However, the behaviour I'm speculating on is just so strange that it's difficult to keep having that faith. It's one thing after another, consistently testing me. It's a good sign that he's not in a position where he can successfully be in a relationship.

A huge part of me wants to stay. We've dealt with a lot together. I just need to think of myself.
>>
>>17096179
Not normal, but also not that far off the social norm. Depends if it is drug addict levels or just in their free time.
>>
>>17096182
Mostly the latter, but it's not just little stuff like weed. I didn't even know cocaine was so easily available until I met these people.
>>
I tried nofap weeks ago and it... kinda worked. I would usually feel a lot better for days in a row at a time until relapses, being more social and talking with a lot of people, smilling more.

Guys, have you tried it and felt the same thing? I don't know if it's just placebo or anything but I think I need to be more determined with this.
>>
>>17094602
Just tell it it's just right. I always find it weird when a girl comments on my size.
>>
>>17095938
>don't know when to make a move.
Hint: before four years have passed.
>>
File: download_20160316_154153.jpg (125 KB, 786x1003) Image search: [Google]
download_20160316_154153.jpg
125 KB, 786x1003
Why is it so hard/rare to get a girlfriend with big boobs?
>>
File: feature length.jpg (161 KB, 1280x832) Image search: [Google]
feature length.jpg
161 KB, 1280x832
>>17096189
feeling better? nope
i just wanted to fuck anything that moved
>>
>>17095848
>"nah, you're fine, plenty of guys would love to date a girl like you"
bullshit and platitudes, nobody really believes this when they hear it

>>17095938
>4 years. Four. Fucking. Years.
Kek, tell that to the anons who've been waiting for 25 years plus
>I'm six and a half feet tall and have a very deep voice,
> worry about coming off as forceful and scary due to my height and voice so I just wait for her to make a move, which clearly rarely works out.
people are always scared of those they're interested in.
i'm a 5'7", 105lb socially awkward nerd and people have still called me "intimidating".
probably doesn't have a lot to do with your size
>>
I've bottled up my boyfriend getting fat for months, but today I feel broken. We had an Indian last night and I'm in agony trying to recover from it, and he's just driven off to get a KFC and a bunch of candy to eat tonight.

How do I handle this when he gets back? I'm very conscious about my weight and I'm afraid he'll think I'm projecting my insecurities on to him.
>>
>>17095947
>She was in an accident which exacerbated some of her pre-exisitng health issues, so now she's essentially stuck in bed.
Ok that's not good. What happened?
If she's bedridden due to psychogenic complications, that's a hint that you need to seriously evaluate your situation.
Do you want to be her caregiver and/or servant for the rest of your life?

My landlord is in that exact relationship. He not only works full-time, he cooks, cleans, takes care of the kid, takes care of his crazy sister, takes care of her crazy father, and still often has to stop what he's doing and go because she calls him and wants something. She manipulates and emotionally abuses him and everyone she comes into contact with, and is overall the most awful voodoo curse of a wife I've ever seen.
I'm sure she wasn't like that at the start, since he's a nice guy and couldn't have married her that way. He said it started with a bout of hep C, but that was probably just the trigger for her barrel of gunpowder.

If you can't help her, you can't help her. Get her proper treatment (intensive therapy, psychiatrists, meds) and set a limit. 6 months, 1 year, whatever, convince yourself that if you don't see any improvement you're going to walk out that door and live your own life, you can't live hers for her.
>>
>>17096180
>When things are good, this person makes me the happiest I've ever been.
>I can be myself around them, we just click.
>I've never wanted something to work as much.
>It is speculation, you're right. However, the behaviour I'm speculating on is just so strange
>It's one thing after another, consistently testing me.
>It's a good sign that he's not in a position where he can successfully be in a relationship
> I just need to think of myself.
This doesn't sound even remotely rational to me, anon. Care to explain further?
What signs are you talking about?

>>17096179
>Is this supposed to be common stuff for people at 20?
For whites/latinos/blacks, yes. Asians, no.
For what it's worth, I grew up alone too, so i'm the only one i know who's never smoked weed. Pretty sure every president since reagan's hit the ganja at least once.
And i'm not talking about ghetto shit, i went to top-tier schools, ivy prep shit.
>I can't tell if I just have bad taste or if its a frequent issue.
You can't have better taste unless you want to date asian girls exclusively or die alone.
>>
File: 1415148467608.png (254 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1415148467608.png
254 KB, 1000x1000
at around 4 am on july 19th last year I woke up pretty delirious for some reason and felt like going to the roof of my apartment, and I think I sleep walked to wherever my friend was (we live in the same apartment building) and I felt like a bunch of specific events were about to happen. So then I was just smoking a blunt with this friend and I fainted. I normally faint so that was ok. But this time I hit the back of my head on the floor because no one caught me. When I woke up i was 1000% fucked up and my head hurt. I was feeling shitty about all these things I thought already happened and i almost cried. Later that same day I went to a show and got robbed at gunpoint, my friend stopped talking to me, ect. and all the events I thought already happened didn't really happen yet and they just started happening later that day and throughout the week
>mfw what even happened
>>
>>17095458

Pretty much this >>17095591

4chan is shitty towards everybody, and most of it's incredibly fickle. If everyone that 4chan made fun of couldn't handle being here, nobody would be here.
Have you never seen something on here that insults something that applies to you? You probably have and just can't think of it, because it didn't matter to you, because it's just 4chan. You know?
Women probably come here for the same sort of reasons you come here. It's not like the content here is dependant on having a dick to enjoy it, and anything that might be seen as an obstacle towards a woman enjoying it (eg misogyny) isn't really much of an obstacle.
>>
to guys and girls:

Since men quite often question if their penis size is adequate, do women have the same doubts about their breast size?

How much do guys care about breast size?
How much do girls care about penis size?
>>
>everyone wants to get out of the friend-zone
>can't even get into it

I have pretty bad anxiety around girls; I want to make a female friend as a start to get over it but I don't know how and I don't want to seem like a weirdo doing it. I know of someone, but will her friends judge me if I talk to her? How do I make it seem nonchalant?
>>
>>17095050

I'd immediately think "oh, what a good FRIEND."

Asking about a failed conquest puts you in the role of a friend checking in and offering comfort. Plus the phrasing makes it sound like just a hypothetical, just a spirit boosting "you're great, he's an idiot."
If you go this rout, at least go for a more solid "Good, I thought I missed my chance: Do you wanna have coffee with me?" (not that exact phrasing since it makes you sound like an asshole if she's not interested, but you get my general meaning).
>>
>>17094750
>and study comics for a living

The fuck? How much do you make, is it as good as it sounds, and how can I get in on that shit?
>>
>>17096595
most men and women are pretty liberal about breast/penis size. i would venture to say that there's an equal proportion of size queens and anti-size people in each gender.

the mean adequate breast size would be about a C cup and the mean adequate dick size would be 6". personally, i'm a huge size king but there's a lot of other people championing DFC/average cocks
>>
>>17094933

Communicate calmly and openly about the issue when things are good, when it's not clouding either of your minds. Tell her how it makes you feel when she expects you to just know, explain that you genuinely don't know what's wrong, ask if she just needs space when this happens and you shouldn't pry or if she needs you to open a dialogue.

If she's just crazy, drop her and find someone with a little maturity. Women only get away with this shit for as long as you're willing to put up with it.
>>
>>17096189
I tried nofap about a month ago. After 6 days I literally could not sleep because my dick was so sensitive I'd keep waking up horny with a boner every two hours or so.

Made me really anxious and my tone of voice changed to where I sounded constantly pissed off.

Never again.
>>
File: 1461046525331.jpg (26 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
1461046525331.jpg
26 KB, 504x504
Wedding ring advice? How do I know what to buy? How do I buy? Every question under the fucking sun over here. Hard mode: she doesn't like diamonds.
>>
>>17095938
>I worry about coming off as forceful and scary due to my height and voice
>Any advice?
Smile and laugh more, be gentle the first times you touch them, no rapid grabby moves. Your height and voice should be advantages, you just need to get more comfortable with yourself.
>>
Girls, what's the least creepy way I can break the touch barrier with a girl I'm dating?
>>
>>17096595
As a guy, I care very little about breast size. Last gf had basically no breasts and it was fine.

However, a flat ass is definitely a turn off. I'm talking flat-flat, which is actually kinda rare.
>>
File: 1460560659596.jpg (49 KB, 630x721) Image search: [Google]
1460560659596.jpg
49 KB, 630x721
>>17094933
>>17096640
I was with a girl once that would turn incredibly cold and distant every other week for no reason at all. It would be in the morning and I would try to cuddle her and she would either say she was too hot for cuddles or wake up and get out of bed. Every time I tried to kiss her or hold her she wouldn't react to me at all. She wouldn't turn to kiss me or put her arms around me all morning so I would ask her "is something wrong?" and of course she would say "No" every time I asked. So after being told no a few times I would make the logical conclusion of "I guess just give her some space then."

Later that night when she finally did want to tell me what was wrong it would be something like "I feel like you don't love me anymore. You don't hold me or kiss me at all. You haven't kissed me at all this afternoon or wanted to cuddle. Do you think I'm ugly? Do you not love me?"

I did not deal with that shit for long. I told that girl I loved her a hundred times a day and constantly wanted to hold her hand and kiss her and love on her but it was never good enough.
>>
>>17096716
Wait for a natural moment, don't force it, don't go straight for a hand around her waist it should be her shoulder or hands first, no grabbing
>>
>>17096284
He literally left the house for KFC and candy?

Sounds like he needs to address some things instead of eating them.
>>
>>17096726

Some girls are fucking crazy. Be glad you don't have to deal with her anymore.
>>
To both: What's the worse thing your SO ever did that you forgave?
>>
>>17096186
>but it's not just little stuff like weed. I didn't even know cocaine was so easily available until I met these people.
I wouldn't be comfortable dating those girls either and find somebody else. I'm fine with the average drinking and weed and maybe psychedelics or extacy occasionally, but anything with strong life ruining addiction potential like coke/opiates/meth is a deal breaker.
>>
>>17096735
Well kinda still have to. She constantly talks shit about me online now. Just absolutely made up bullshit too. About how I was in love with my ex the entire time I was with her and how I was disgusting just like every other guy because I left her for a younger girl.

Which... I have no idea why she's saying any of that. I fucking can't stand my old ex and haven't talked to her in fucking years now. And I didn't leave her for another girl, let alone a younger one. I'm completely single and I'm not even talking to any other women. Like at all. Not even as friends have I talked to another girl since I left her.

I just don't understand people at all. I was the nicest, sweetest person in the world to her and she treated me like shit and continues to do so.
>>
>>17096762

Because she's fucking crazy. Most likely literally, from the sounds of this shit.
>>
>>17096284
>I'm very conscious about my weight and I'm afraid he'll think I'm projecting my insecurities on to him.
Are you both fat or just him? I would make a plan of healthier eating choices and exercise for yourself and try to get him to join you in it. Start making small changes you guys can stick to and improve from there.

>he's just driven off to get a KFC and a bunch of candy to eat tonight.
Or you could just tell him to stop being such a fatass. Guys aren't usually as sensitive about their weight as girls and he might not think it's a problem if you don't say something.
>>
>>17096595
>How much do guys care about breast size?
Having some is definitely better than not really having any, but otherwise I don't care much.
>>
>>17096726
>I did not deal with that shit for long.
This is the correct answer.
>>
tl;dr
>m,25, gf,25 for two years
>had an affair for 5 months in the beginning
>she found out, lost trust, bust stayed with me
>says she's trying to forgive me, 2 years later barely seems like anything is better in that department
>anytime I go out, she always cries, grills me when I return, and cries more saying how she just can't trust me

am I missing some key action or words to make her trust me more? Am I supposed to stop doing things without her and follow her every rule since I messed up before? Should I just let this play out, and continue as usual? Is it completely dead?
>>
to guys:
what are clear signs that a girl is into you without her actually saying it?
>>
>>17096762
I would block or remove her from all social media and completely forget she exists. That bitch is crazy and it has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>17096813
my boyfriend cheated on me and I trust him again. let her look through your accounts and be 100% honest, ask her if she wants to ask you anything that she can, let her go through your phone, etc. otherwise, time.
>>
>>17096818
The absolute best indicator bar none is if she goes out of her way to talk to you.

Of this is a stranger, then constant eye contact or getting close to you is a good indicator. However eye contact is tricky, because if someone noticed you looking at them, they'll instinctually look back, and this could result in a volley of looks from each person with no intended meaning besides "why are they looking at me? Are they still looking at me?"
>>
My friend said he'll be back in the city tomorrow..but he said this at 4 am. Does he mean literally tomorrow, do most people count 4 am as night time??
>>
>>17096830
Why don't you ask him?
>>
>>17096824
So just let her go through all my stuff? Why if she messes it up? I keep like 10 webpages open at a time to read later, and I'd be pretty upset if she like went through and deleted one or something.
>>
>>17096813
>>had an affair for 5 months in the beginning
FFS, anon.
>>
>>17096849
I know. But it happened. Now I'm just trying to move on.
>>
>>17096818
>what are clear signs that a girl is into you without her actually saying it?
Learning my name without me telling her, trying to initiate conversation with me when I don't know her well, any sort of casual touching, flirty smiles and looking like they're waiting for me to talk to them more, any positive comments about my appearance, anything asking about my relationship status, getting real close to me so I bump into them. There's probably more things I'm not thinking of, and these might not mean much if it's just once and one thing, but if it's a bunch of them, then yeah, she probably wants the D.
>>
>>17096843
If he was awake I wouldn't be asking you
>>
>>17096891
Oh, well if he said it before going to sleep then he probably didn't mean it literally and he meant after he wakes up
>>
>>17096892
>>
>>17096898
No worries
>>
to girls: would advocating for a small wedding when she wants a huge one cause more trouble than it's worth?

>getting married some time next year
>she's african and so has a huge family (also they typically see family as basically anyone you like, so she wants to invite close to 200 people)
>i want maybe 30 people there, my close friends and family
>she wants a big service, a big church etc.
>i would be perfectly happy with a ten minute sit down in a registry office
>she wants a massive reception, catered, live music, flowers everywhere, private cars, tailored suits for guests, all this really extravagant shit
>would much prefer to keep this money for something other than needless expensive nonsense
>however ultimately it's not so much the waste of money that I'm dreading, it's having 200+ african people trying to rush up to me and hug/kiss/dance with me/scream at me about how happy they are

I don't know if you've seen africans at weddings but it's horrible for a quiet, introverted person who doesn't like to be the centre of attention like myself. I'm really, really, really not looking forward to it if that's what I can expect, and she has said that I basically can expect that. I get that they're her family, but I just don't know or care about them really. Her parents and siblings sure, but thinking I'll have to fake being happy and interested for all these obscure relatives I'll never see again makes me think that I'm just going to be unhappy on my wedding day.

Worth confronting her about or no?
>>
File: 1461712640849.png (6 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1461712640849.png
6 KB, 377x330
>>17096668
femanon pls respond
>>
>>17096668
do you have any idea what kind of jewellery she likes?
and, would she spaz out if you asked her if she would be okay to come shopping with you to pick one out together?
>>
>>17096024
You definitely do not have to settle for what you described. I'd wager that the being passive is generally due to awkwardness, not knowing how to behave during sex, overthinking everything in your head. All the cultural stuff about how much men desire sex can also make a naive, inexperienced woman think that sex itself is end goal and not another realm to learn and grow within a relationship, where both partners give and take.

However, as far as the blowjobs and foreplay are concerned, I have to note that blowjobs seem to be considered a way more normal part of sex than cunnilingus, and too many young guys seem to think that foreplay is optional instead of a normal element of sex. So it could be that someone doing that has had bad experiences or heard horror stories and this is her way of trying to make sure the guy doesn't grow to expect he can get in dry whenever he wants and doesn't have to bother pleasing her. Biologically it is also just easier for the average guy to get off than the average girl. You'd be surprised at how many women only grow to really feel pleasure from sex when they are older, because they don't know their own bodies, are insecure, don't know how to voice what they want and so on.

Having said that this is just an explanation and hardly your issue. If you barely go down on a girl, her saying she should eat you out first is likely a hint that you are being too selfish a lover. But if you DO return the favor regularly, it is completely fair to sit her down (outside of sex) and explain that you don't want a sex life in which this owing each other mantra rules. In a normal, healthy sex life between two undamaged people who enjoy sex, they are both invested in pleasing each other for the sake of just that.

Oh and yeah, there's most definitely girls who are less or not at all passive.
>>
>>17096595
How much a woman cares about her breasts is largely an individual matter. I think in that sense it is not comparable to a penis. There are plenty of women who feel that their tits are not their strong point, but don't care because they love their ass or legs. Not to mention there can be a lot wrong with breasts: women who dislike theirs don't just worry about size but firmness/perkiness, size and color of the aerola, how high up their chest they sit...
There definitely exist women who feel unfeminine for having small breasts, but I don't think it's as universal a matter of concern as penis size is for men. That's not to say women worry less, just about more different things - any part of them being fat or flabby, stretch marks or cellulite, short legs, no waist to hips difference, a flat ass, big flat feet...

Size queens exist but are a minority. Also, guys judge dicks according to size because that's easy to tell and an easy macho thing. For a woman, a whole lot more matters, like how easily he gets hard, whether he can go for multiple rounds, easily loses his boner or not... Not to mention women have differently sized (as in, length) vaginas as well, so what's perfect for one woman can be too big or too small for another.
Average (5" - 5.5") is average for a reason. That's a great size for hitting the right spots inside her, it's practical for blowjobs, it fits into most women while also filling them up.
>>
>>17096731
This is going to be weird, I have never touched a girl before. How do I even instigate touching her hand/shoulder?
>>
File: KAAWND2VTR6FDJFEG8VO.jpg (19 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
KAAWND2VTR6FDJFEG8VO.jpg
19 KB, 384x384
>>17096919
She's really not a big jewelry person, and pretty "practical" in general I guess you would say. So probably she'd like something more on the simple side. She wouldn't, but I was kind of trying to avoid it. Thought it would be a bit nicer for her, and she would get all wound up about prices even though its not an issue.

Someone suggested birthstones, and she actually mentioned pearl (which is her birthstone). Pearl rings though? I feel like I've never even heard of this.
>>
>>17096955
Pearl rings exist and are very pretty :3
>>
>>17096716
To give you an idea;

Easy mode;
>swat her after a playful jab from her
>tap her shoulder to get her attention if she's turned her back on you
>lightly swat/nudge her arm if you're sitting side by side and you got a great idea or idea for a joke (like: "OR, we could", the OR accentuated with a light touch)

Medium;
>fix her hair if it's falling in her face (and this is not her usual hairstyle)
>when you're telling a story and someone is touching someone, act it out on her to show what you mean ("so he's holding her like.. this.. so she can't see what's behind him and then..")
>when you sit down next to her, make sure at least about half the times your legs lightly touch

Hard mode;
>put a hand on the small of her back when you're leaving and she walks in front of you
>play with her fingers during a flirty conversation
>if you're in a crowdy place, pull her in closer and leave your arm draped around her waist

Now, if you're a cocky player you can just go for whatever and cut your losses if she shoots you down. You are probably a normal guy who just wants to avoid the awkwardness of crossing some boundary, and in that case the difference between the modes is how much encouragement you've gotten from her. You grow comfortable with a certain amount of touching and then move forward when the mood/moment is right.
>>
Is it normal that after a month of dating guy stops chatting, only messages about seeing each other? He is very interested when we see each other though. Some guys just don't enjoy mindless texting?
>>
>>17097068
some guys absolutely hate mindless texting, especially if it's something along the lines of "hey, what are you up to?" because chances are the answer will be "nothing" and if she's expecting a reply (which she is, because women need to feel wanted, hence texting to get a response and generate interest in her) that just makes it awkward.
>>
>>17097141
So should I worry if he doesn't text for like two or three days? And then when he does he just asks when can we see? He used to text all the time.
>>
>>17097148
do you consider the relationship serious? he probably doesn't, best to ask him straight up
>>
>>17097165
I've asked about it and he is serious but he said that now that we know each other there is no need to text all the time. For some reason I feel like if a guy doesn't text he is not interested. But if I ask him he says he is.
>>
>>17097180
it's not true that a guy isn't interested if he doesn't text, but no contact for two or three days at a time? what kind of situation are you guys in, can you guys see each other easily?
>>
>>17097185
Yeah we can, we go to same school and live 20 mins apart from each other. I guess I am scared that he is just playing me, you know, saying that he is interested but then acting like not when he is not around.
>>
>>17096668
>>17096955
(1/2) This might be long, sorry in advance.

I recently met a woman who had a pearl wedding ring, and it was beautiful. You have to consider what she does every day, though. Pearls, since they're round, will most likely need a tall setting, and if she's inclined to whack it on things (if she's active, uses her hands a ton, etc.), that might not be the best route. However, if she doesn't care about size, you could always get a dainty one.

Does she not like diamonds because she doesn't like the idea of them, or does she just not like clear/colorless stones? A colored stone may be a good way to go, and if she's practical, you may want to look into marquise settings. They are oval-shaped and tend to lay flat on the finger. My old boss has a marquis ring & band set, and it was also beautiful. If she just doesn't like the idea of diamonds, you could always look into morganite or moissanite stones. They can be clear or multicolored and have a very high hardness rating. (Ayyyy.)
>>
>>17097193
that's possible sure, of course there will be people who take any kind of relationship seriously and those who don't give a shit and just want pussy/dick. No contact for days at a time seems like the latter, not gonna lie. You really have to judge for yourself, do you think you're being played for pussy?

Also you have to ask yourself, given that relationships have to end or continue on for the rest of your life, can you see yourself with this person in the future. The far future. Is this just a little fling and you're okay with that? Or are you looking for long term and only want someone serious?

In my opinion people who are serious about each other would probably be talking more. Not trying to bash either of you because I don't know you guys, but something seems off if he's saying he's serious but he's not contacting you for relatively large spans.
>>
>>17097193
He sounds like he just doesn't like texting.
>>
File: ring.png (92 KB, 238x185) Image search: [Google]
ring.png
92 KB, 238x185
>>17097208
(2/2) Tbqh, just think of her when you're picking it out. Think about her tastes and what she does every day and how that may change as she wears it. My husband picked out my ring entirely on his own. I admit, I had gotten sucked into the whole internet/Pinterest engagement ring obsession when I started suspecting he was going to propose, and I thought whatever he ended up picking was going to be much different than what I got. However, I've realized over the years as I've worn it that what he got was actually perfect. It's simple, beautiful, practical, and timeless. He got my engagement ring at Kay jewelers (big box store here in the states) and we both got our bands there as well.

Don't get caught up in hype. Don't listen to other catty women on the internet. Pick what you think she will love and want to wear for the rest of her life. You know her best. And honestly, the ring isn't that important. It's a lovely symbol of the commitment you will be making to each other, but it's not the most important part of the journey you two will be starting together. Make sure it's nice, but don't lose too much sleep over it, friend.
>>
>>17096949
>This is going to be weird, I have never touched a girl before. How do I even instigate touching her hand/shoulder?
Do you ever walk anywhere with her? Just walk close to her and sort of "accidentally" brush your arm against her a few times, then start touching her on the back or shoulder to get her attention for something or to guide her somewhere
>>
Boyfriend could possibly be fooling around on me, but I have no solid proof. He's been pretty distant compared to when we first started seeing each other, occasionally he'll deliberately ignore me. I've talked to him about this, he doesn't really try to make conversation anymore.

There have been...other small details that have been piling up for a while, it doesn't help that he's a fucking masterful liar. He comes up with fantastic lies in the blink of an eye, it's kind of scary. He's also super charismatic and convincing.

There have been...other small details that I won't get into about leading me to believe that he's trying to cheat, or has cheated, but this is the most recent thing.

After he picked me up and got home, we were sort of fooling around in his bed and he mentioned almost right away that there was this bruise that he didn't remember how he got (drunk at guy friend's house, believable because he drinks pretty often). I pulled his pants down, it was really fuckin' close to the part where your leg sort of meets your crotch. It looked so much like a hickey that it was unreal, huge big purple bruise with dark purple spotting and some yellowish/brownish discoloration around it. I kept asking him about it, he insisted that he was at his friend's house the night before and I could call the friend to ask about it. He cried when I wouldn't believe him.

He doesn't keep his phone guarded, but that's because I suspect that he deletes everything that I might find, or has an excuse ready for anything suspicious that I might find. I looked at his phone, because he keeps disappearing to the bathroom when I know that he's already used it and found a suspicious unsaved number in his messages list. I found that he had recently cleared his phone's internet history, had some downloaded images in his download history that had apparently been deleted.

(cont)
>>
It would be cool if a girl could answer this but I'm open to input from guys too.

Basically I'm a social retard, but apparently a somewhat likable one. I'm a sophomore in college, and there's this girl that came up and started talking to me one day a couple months ago that I occasionally see around. We usually stop and talk a little bit with each other and friends have made it pretty clear she's flirting with me. Every time I see her I plan on asking for her number but we usually only see each other on the way to classes and we're going in opposite directions, and I end up losing my nerve for some reason.

So I don't see her too often, but I see one of her good friends that I've met once or twice a lot more often. She probably doesn't know me by name but I feel like she would at least remember my name and that I know her friend. Would it be weird if I asked her for her friend's number one day? I have an irrational fear of coming off as creepy thanks to years of low self-esteem so every time I imagine myself doing it I start to think she'll think I'm creepy and tell her friend I'm creepy and the chain will go on until I have a reputation as a creep. And it's weird that I think that because I've had plenty of female friends, pretty much all of whom actually had crushes on me, but I just need some advice on how to do this in the most normal way possible.
>>
>>17097255
On the car ride back to my house (two hour drive, it's long distance), he was fucking ecstatic, maybe the happiest I've ever seen him. Wouldn't stop grinning and cracking jokes/telling silly stories the whole way back to my house.

I don't know. Everything just seems really suspicious, it's really coincidental that he happened to be on cloud 9 while in the process of getting rid of me combined with the fact that he's been kind of distant.

I know that the bathroom thing might sound a little crazy, but usually he'll make an excuse to use it. When he does, he takes his phone with him, he wasn't doing that before. He takes forever in the bathroom with his phone when I KNOW that he's already taken a dump.

Sorry if the way I'm wording things and my sentence structure sucks right now, but I'm kind of in a really shitty state of mind right now, so things might not be coming out the way I want them to.
>>
>>17097293
He's doing something. Maybe not downright cheating but there is something he doesn't want you to know. If you're not in too deep get out now. I'm telling you from experience...just like this. Hell it is probably him. You described his actions to a T.
>>
File: SessionBuddy.png (108 KB, 532x434) Image search: [Google]
SessionBuddy.png
108 KB, 532x434
>>17096829
>she goes out of her way to talk to you
>Learning my name without me telling her
>trying to initiate conversation with me when I don't know her well
>flirty smiles and looking like they're waiting for me to talk to them more
These are also signs that you're the autistic kid and they're being nice to you. That's not a bad thing tho, reminds you there's a lot of good people in the world.

>>17096844
>Why if she messes it up? I keep like 10 webpages open at a time to read later, and I'd be pretty upset if she like went through and deleted one or something.
I use session buddy, pic related

>>17097277
Can't you friend her on facebook or something?

>>17097255
>>17097293
>dating a sociopath
are you not entertained.jpg
>>
>>17097293
What sticks out to me is - why are you with a guy you know to be a masterful liar? Why are you with a guy you don't trust? These seem to be the biggest issues to me, more than any indicator that he's cheating. Some of that stuff is a bit weird but no huge red flags. However, you saying he is generally deceptive and your hesitance to trust him... do you really want to live like this? If it turns out to be nothing, will you believe he's not fucking around on you at some point in the future?

I mean, you're the one who has to be his girlfriend, it's your choice. But from a distance it sure does not look appealing.
>>
When should a guy stop asking a girl out if she hasn't said "no" yet but hasn't said "yes" either?
>>
>>17097255
you do realize that there is no trust in this relationship, yes?
you know what you have to do.
>>
>>17097335
What has she said?
>>
Girls: what do you like in a guy? I'm either boring as fuck or whatsoever, I don't know.
I can hang out with guys just fine and girls usually like me in the beginning but the longer they know me, the more they distant from me.

where am I possibly fucking up? is it because I lack being spontaneous? not charmant enough?

help
>>
>>17097317
>can't you friend her on facebook
I don't have any social media, I had a facebook for a year or so but it made me really anxious so I deleted it.
>>
>>17097350
"Idk I'll see and tell you" (never actually did) then I asked her again another day and got the same response. She said she's busy with college lately but she can't be THAT busy, right?
Yes this is from that other thread.
>>
A few questions. I'm 23.
I recently started dating a girl - my first girlfriend in fact - have had all my first with her (kissed, made out, had sex, all that shit) 1 week ago. She's pretty cool, I enjoy being with her. I'm a pretty emotional, touchy guy (not clingy, I don't think) and she's more of a logical, independent, straightforward person. It's a nice balance and I really admire her attributes, but I feel the sex may not be working out for her.
First thing: I'm on antidepressants, and I'm thinking that's the major factor in all this. I can have sex for hours but I just can't cum, and I don't want her to feel bad about it.

She says she was a virgin before all this (which I'm not sure if that's bullshit or not 'cause she was on the pill before all this), but I want to know if it upsets girls if they can't make a guy cum? It's very possible that I'm just doing something wrong, but really I want her to understand that as long as she's having fun, I'm having fun. It's more about the spiritual connection as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I don't want to seem clingy, because I don't think I am. Alone time is very important for both of us, but I do love quality time -- I just don't want to freak her out. Is there anyway to achieve this balance? I don't think I'm freaking her out now, but I'm a lot more people oriented than her, spending time with people is very important, but she's the exact opposite of this, and doesn't understand my need for this. Do any like-minded girls get freaked out by this?

Last question, what measures do I take to prevent her pregnancy? I don't think it's going to be an issue since I can't cum right now anyways -- but besides condoms and her birth control pill, is there anything else we need?

fuck this was long, sorry.
>>
>>17094326
How can I tell if someone (through the Internet) likes me?
>>
>>17097387
She's not into you.
>>
>>17097398
Oh fuck
>>
Tired of all the hugs and kisses on cheeks so decided to go for the lips. But she turned away, it a sign that she isn't into me right? Should I drop her and ended everything?
>>
>>17097394
Yeah, I'd be pretty sad and disappointed if I couldn't make my guy cum. Take my words with a grain of salt cuz I'm crazy, but he could swear up and down that he was enjoying it and I wouldn't believe him if he wasn't cumming

>not sure if that's bullshit or not 'cause she was on the pill
There are other reasons to take birth control
>>
>>17097403
Maybe she is into you but just wasn't ready for a full on kiss at the time--I went through a two year phase where I was terrified of kissing and refused to do it. Also she might've panicked.
>>
>>17096977
>>17097241
Thanks a lot, very helpful words. I would actually be pretty worried for a pearl ring's well being given her day-to-day activities. I'll be looking into the marquise, and probably also the morgan/moissanite stuff.
>>
>>17097317
dat browser history tho
>>
M here, been dating a girl for the last 3 weeks and i kinda don´t like the context im getting into

>abused when she was young
>poor af family / totally nigger like brother and sister
>dated guys 10 years older than them
>one of them broke her nose

i mean, i dont like judging people for their pasts and shit, but i think this kind of shit is why she isn´t very comfortable with me (she says she likes me, but never i love you) and treats sex in a very non romantic way (we literally did it in some alley 2 weeks after i met her, not the best way to loose my virginity)

so, any tips, advice, ideas? i´d like to understand what im getting into and see if it can be worth it.
>>
>>17097277
>I have an irrational fear of coming off as creepy thanks to years of low self-esteem so every time I imagine myself doing it I start to think she'll think I'm creepy and tell her friend I'm creepy and the chain will go on until I have a reputation as a creep

Shit bro I know the fuck outta that feel
>>
Girls,
Would it be possible for something to click in your head to cause you to develop feelings for someone you otherwise only say as a friend before then?
>>
>>17097407
yeah, guess I have to talk with my doctor about this then. thanks for the clarification on birth control too, i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about.
>>
>>17097397
Have they asked to meet you or for your contact info?
>>
>>17097441
It's so fucked, like I know I'm not an asshole or a douchebag or anything like that because I just never feel the need to be rude to anyone so I'm not worried about that, but "creepy" is basically the worst thing a guy can be these days and I feel like there's a really thin line between socially awkward and creepy that I feel like I could pass it at any minute. And I know girls talk with each other about that kind of stuff because the girls I was friends with back in high school and even the girls I'm friends with now will tell me about guys they find creepy.
>>
Guys, how would you want a girl to make the first move assuming there's mutual feelings (but nothing physical happening) ? Can I just sit your leg and kiss you? Can I touch your face and kiss you? Can I just kiss you without asking you?
>>
>>17097470
I'd like that, but some people wouldn't.
>>
>>17097470
i wouldn't mind if the girl made the first move. in a world where everything is rape, we can be a little hesitant. maybe just try drinking some alcohol so this dude can chill out.
>>
>>17097470
>Guys, how would you want a girl to make the first move assuming there's mutual feelings (but nothing physical happening) ? Can I just sit your leg and kiss you? Can I touch your face and kiss you? Can I just kiss you without asking you?
Yeah, that all sounds fine if you know he likes you. I've had a few girls just start kissing me as soon as we got into my room without anything physical happening before that and I thought it was hot.
>>
>>17097470
Please do
>>
>>17097479
>>17097488
>>17097503
>>17097520
Ok, but assuming he's really shy, should I give him a warning first to not completely surprise him? Like asking him "Can I kiss you?" or "Would you kiss me please?" Or would asking for permission be more of a turn off
>>
>>17097470
i would appreciate such an approach. it would be a welcome change from having to do it myself 95% of the time.
>>
>>17097531
Hmm. What type of setup would it be (in private, while hanging out, just talking in public or what?)
>>
>>17097531
I would go with the warning if he is not already a bit flirty with you

The warning in itself depends on how confident you are. In my case, I prefer "Can I kiss you ?", I love confident girls
>>
>>17097531
Asking for permission is bad, if he's shy it might just make him really nervous about messing up. I'd say just go in for it.
>>
>>17097531
>Ok, but assuming he's really shy, should I give him a warning first to not completely surprise him? Like asking him "Can I kiss you?" or "Would you kiss me please?" Or would asking for permission be more of a turn off
Lol, it wouldn't be a turn off, but I don't think it's necessary, it just makes you look awkward. If you don't want him to be surprised just touch him or hold him close to you or lean on him for a second first.
>>
>>17097552
Setting would be just the two of us chilling at either my place or his place.
>>
>>17097531
Speaking as a guy who is the densest motherfucker on the planet and the only times I've gotten laid are when the few women I've slept with literally just walked up and started making out with me.

Just get a sense if he likes you, is single/poly, and isn't hostile towards the subject of sex. If a single straight guy isn't afraid to talk about sex he's not going to get pissed off if you approach, since there's no institutionalized outrage or fear of retalliation like there is the other way around.
>>
>>17097566
If he already agree to be alone with you at your place/his place, a warning would be awkward, just do it when you think it's a good time
>>
Go out Saturday night and a girl tells me its a shame im not out sunday night instead,Ask her why I would not be out both nights since I have Monday off.

>goes on about getting super wasted on sunday.
>friends bail so I tell her probly wont be out since the lads wont be.
>says No worries shell be out with the girls if anyone is about anyway.

Should I still go out,I might be able to whip up one or two lads but would it be too much to just show up alone? Send help
>>
>>17097566
If you're chilling at one of your houses just go for it.
>>
>>17097572
>Just get a sense if he likes you, is single/poly, and isn't hostile towards the subject of sex.
We've been friends for 2 years and mutual friends have let me know that he has feelings for me, I'm like 99% sure it's mutual.

>>17097581
>>17097588
Gotcha
>>
I'm in Engineering school and next year, I'll be working as a 21 year-old newbie engineer
There's only 6 girls in my school and I missed the chance to get with my crush before she get back with her exbf

Since there's pretty much zero chance I'll find a girl before leaving school forever, what should I do when I'll be a working adult to get a girlfriend ?
>>
>>17097624
You should look outside your school and work place, both because it's going to be hard to find (attractive) girls in engineering, and so things don't get awkward where you're trying to do work.
>>
My boyfriend is mad at me because I drove a friend home when he was drunk.
He said it's dangerous and I was pretty much asked to be raped.

Is he being unreasonable or it's just me?
>>
>>17097624
Does your school teach nothing but engineering and have only six girls in the entire school or something?

>>17097637
Your boyfriend is a retard and you should leave him.
>>
>>17097642
>Does your school teach nothing but engineering and have only six girls in the entire school or something?
Pretty much
>>
>>17097637
He's being overly protective.
>>
>>17097646
'Pretty much' is not the same as 'yes'. Which is it?
>>
>>17097654
Yes
>>
>>17097661
What school?
>>
>>17097666
EILCO, Calais, France
>>
>>17097637
Nah he's just caught up in the perpetual rape scare.
>>
>>17097387
Nah she's just a faggot. Move on.
>>
>>17097387
I am in something of a similar situation, though I never pressed it further.

In my case she said, "I'll have to see, I usually play it by ear every day. Lol"

And I honestly dont plan on pressing a one on one thing any further unless something happens. For now I'll just be friendly and maybe inviter her to hang out with a group of friends.
>>
>>17097440
try to act towards her like you would like her to behave towards you?

I'm in a slightly similar (but reversed) situation, I just started dating a guy who had pretty much just one long term relationship in his life and now with me he's super committed from the beginning, tells me he loves me etc. But I had some bad experiences in the past (nothing as drastic as your girl, but I have troubles connecting emotionally) and have difficulties with expressing my feelings and having sex in the caring way my bf does, even if I would like to at some point

so maybe just give her more time? Try to get her to open up, show understanding etc. Of course it's not easy, but if you really like her it might be worth it
>>
How do I know if my girl is cheating?

Just last week all she wanted to do is jump my bones (havnt had any sexual interaction for over a month), we didn't end up doing anything as there was family drama that we ended up being sucked in. But just yesterday she didn't even want to look at me, constantly reminding me of my poor skin (hormonal acne). Whilst we were in bed watching something I ended up getting up and hugging her (she was on her back) and cause no pants our junk was touching and my D just slipped in her (note that everytime we have sex it's hard because she is naturally very tight). She had her eyes closed the whole time and didn't want to kiss me at all.
Lately she has been talking about the whole Beyoncé jayz cheating thing and asking me about what my opinions are, she has also said in an argument that she is over trying anymore.

I know I over react a lot and am trying to stop that however I'm just scared that she has already gone and gotten with someone else?
>>
>>17097443
yes, this happened to me

I think what made it "click" was literally only the fact the guy showed some interest in me, I started seeing him in a new context and realised I might feel something more for him

We weren't really close friends before that, though, but I certainly liked him as a friend
>>
girls: i've been seeing a girl for a little while, and i've been staying at her house every day and night since we met. she says she likes me, but sometimes she shows absolutely no affection towards me. is the magic running out, or am i misunderstanding something?
>>
File: 1458454940422.png (283 KB, 344x377) Image search: [Google]
1458454940422.png
283 KB, 344x377
>girlfriend has started to call me daddy
>says she's "my little girl"

Is it wrong I find this kind of disgusting. We'll be having sex and she'll move my hand to her throat and say shit like "choke me hard daddy". What does this even mean?
>>
File: 1387131868766.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1387131868766.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
My last three GFs have dumped me because i "work too much".

I have a very demanding career (that I like) that takes up a lot of my time. Is it wrong to prioritize my career over my relationship?
>>
Tell me straight up, when is the best time say "I love you"?

We've been on seven dates over the last two months. I've always been told wait three months, any weight to that? I want to be the one who says it first.
>>
File: laid back.jpg (8 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
laid back.jpg
8 KB, 209x200
>text girl
>she hasn't responded in a day
>going to see her tomorrow
how do I approach this situation?
>>
>>17097866
if you even suspect it, your relationship cannot succeed.
>>
>>17097915
They're right. You work too much and don't leave enough time for intimacy.
>>
>>17097922
>I want to be the one who says it first.
Are you a man or a woman? If you're a man and say "I love you" first, then you immediately give up any power you have in the relationship.
>>
>>17097939
Can't help it. My projects consume my mind and I end up spending most of the night working/thinking about them.

I always made time my GFs but it seemed that they wanted me to be on their beck and call and wouldn't accept "sorry I have some work to do" as a reason that I couldn't hang out.
>>
My exgirlfriend is giving me information on her sexual fantasies, what should I do ?

I still love her.
>>
I am a man. Long time friend has recently asked me to join her and her hubby for some fun, sex and whatever.

I have never done this before. Anyone have first hand information / experiences they would like to share?
>>
File: first date.jpg (53 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
first date.jpg
53 KB, 325x400
>>17097317
>These are also signs that you're the autistic kid and they're being nice to you.
The plan is working
>>
>>17097963
tell her to stop teasing you if she's not interested in you anymore
she's either sending a signbal or just being cruel, either case you need to be clear with her and not put up with her bullshit
>>
>>17098084
I don't know how to get on the subject of our relationship, past, present or future
I'm scared of it
>>
Girls, how would you react if your bf asked you to treat him like a silly sausage?
>>
>>17096595
I don't really give a shit about your boob size. I'm into Ds and I'm into Mila Jovovic. I saw a thing recently where they found that penis size is almost as important to girls as height is. Way more important than they let on, at the very least.
>>
>>17097914
It means she has daddy issues.
>>
I just started dating someone who has been in 8 year long relationship since his teens (we're both in our twenties), which ended a year ago. The previous partner hurt him, so I can see he's over her, but obviously he mentions her from time to time and it kind of freaks me out someone was a part of his life for so long

Any advice from people who dated such people (out of long-term relationships)? BTW I barely have any relationship experience myself
>>
>>17097924
What was on the text? I would say just go about your day like it was any other day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.