[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to not do something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1447083376715.jpg (26 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1447083376715.jpg
26 KB, 500x280
i dunno if this is the right place to ask, but what i'm asking for is still advice so..
My cousin wants me to drive her somewhere. It's a 30minute drive with no traffic and who knows how long with traffic. I really don't want to drive her because of how time consuming this is and how boring it's going to be to sit in traffic. i already tried getting out of it by saying ' i have to go to school, ill try to be back by (the time she wanted to leave)'
then she pushed the time back by saying, oh thats fine we can leave later then.
how the fuck do I get out of this? This going to be like 1h30m to 2h at least and i dont wanna do this
tldr; don't want to drive someone somewhere because of time consumption, how do i get out of it.
>>
"I've changed my mind, I won't be able to drive you. Good luck finding a ride."

What will happen if you say thay, OP?
>>
>>16458946
What you really need to do mate is be a man about it. If you make excuses, she'll think that you actually want to do it and she'll try to find ways to fix the problem - like saying you can go later when you said you were busy at the time.

Remember, she holds no authority over you, and you have no responsibility to her. You're not doing anything wrong by not taking her. You don't have to justify yourself to her. Just firmly but politley tell her you're not going to do it, don't let yourself get drawn in to an argument over why you're not going to do it. Tell her no, and if she presses the issue tell her she'll have to find someone else to drive her.
>>
>>16458971
>not doing anything wrong
aside from being a dickhead
>>
>>16458973
You're not a dickhead just for refusing to do someone a favor. Grow a pair.
>>
>>16458983

he really is
what if she has no other option
>>
File: alanis.jpg (20 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
alanis.jpg
20 KB, 600x400
>>16458946
Just fucking drive your cousin. You have something better to do with your time? It's not like you're curing cancer or some shit.
>>
>>16458988
What if she doesn't need it at all? This is all hypotheticals. He's not a dick, you are.
>>
>>16458999
nice trips.
OP here, I told her 'you might have to find someone else'
so she asked my other cousin haha
that was easy and I learned a lot today by being an alpha for once
>>
>>16459018
Good job, OP. Now keep it up.
>>
>>16459025
thank you <3
>>
People are ridiculous, just be honest. People have this tendency to lie and make up excuses they can't do something when they don't want to. I just tell people the truth and it's way easier. Glad you learned from this
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.