[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking to help with a situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1435094505550.png (42 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1435094505550.png
42 KB, 853x543
A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking to help with a situation of domestic violence and psychological abuse. Thankfully. me and my mum acted on the advice and social services has been contacted and the situation is very close to being ended, thank you all for that.

However, I am left with some issues. I have a number of friends, some I have known for 12 years, and they are generally nice to me and are like I think friends should be for the most parts. Unfortunately, the ones who run parties and social events do not invite me along and I only really see them during the week and very occasionally out. From what I can tell, it seems to be a mixture of factors :

The first is probably the most obvious. My disposition for around the better part of 10 years was quite aggressive and very sarcastic, and naturally people don't always like that. So naturally, people are repelled by me. I think this has been changing lately as the abuse is close to the end, and I don't think I have been damaged.

Secondly, I am at a selective academic school, and naturally there are a number of people with gigantic egos. Two particular people spring to mind when I talk about this. One is very social and is generally nice to me, although actions speak louder than words, as well as his position. The other is a bit of a slimeball, and while not very social, he is more social than me and is domineering and powerful. They dislike me because I make banter at them and they seem to be too precious to take it, where as other people just banter back..Unfortunately, as much as I may dislike these two, I cannot avoid them as there doesn't seem to be any alternative friends I can find that I like (the one place I have tried is filled with a mixture of /v/, /tg/ and /mlp/ users, and frankly they make me cringe).

Continued in post below:
>>
>>16452666
Thirdly, I have almost no confidence or self esteem, which of course gives other people bad vibes.

Honestly, while If I gave it more thought I think I could find a bunch of solutions (or simply wait less than a year when I will go to university), although honestly the fallout from the abuse and my parent's relationship I think may be clouding my judgement, and so I ask you lot what you think I should do.

So what should I do? Thank you again.

P.S : Sorry if I write like a fedora, I just finished writing a bunch of essays.
>>
>>16452666
It'd be nice to get a response
>>
Help
>>
Live your life. Be yourself.
>>
>>16453337
I have been doing that, but I want things to change
>>
>>16453340
Then look deeper into yourself and pull your real self out. The self you will be happy and proud of. It's somewhere in there.
>>
>>16453376
How am I supposed to do that then? That's a really general kind of thing to say.
>>
Final bump, it would be nice to get some advice from an advice board
>>
>>16454777
Nice trips

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>16452666
It takes time. As you report, you've just gotten out of a bad home situation. That situation affected you and made you an unattractive person, and so you got a bad reputation.

You are just beginning the process of changing your personality, and it is going to take time for you to make the change, and then more time for others to notice the change, and then for them to trust it, and then to respond to it.

We're not talking years here, but it could be months. In the meantime, go out of your way to be the "new you" as visibly as possible.
>>
-First of all don't be a dick.
-Keep in mind that most people can't handle sarcastic banter
-Control yourself when you barely know somebody
-Keep your chin up and be the person that you want to be, in the end the most important person is you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.