[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Struggling to accept the concept of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 20150626_072410.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150626_072410.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
What is the point of living. We work most our lives and enjoy little of it. If we want to do fun things it costs money and most of the time you cannot afford it. You cant live without working unless you're born into money.
If you aim to build an empire you either need to be extremely smart, or extremely lucky. Sure you can work your arse off and maybe by the time you're 50 you'll have wealth. But by then all the good years are over.
You cant live life to the fullest and invest simultaneously. We study, work then after 80 years or so we die. And then its all gone. What is the point?

Some say we live to pass on our knowledge to our kids, and then inturn onto their kids. But why? What does that achieve?
It doesnt create meaning for ourselves when all we do is follow the trend then cease to exist.
It's one big pointless loop
>>
>>16449858
We live for the good times, anon. All the little things in life that you enjoy. All the good memories you create with family and friends is why you keep going, it makes it worth it to get your ass up and work for a living and be productive.
Yes, you have to work for a living. That's how society and economics work. It's just what you do, you can bitch and moan about it, but there's not a lot you can do about it. You could just live off of welfare and be a sad sack 'cause you live day after day being unproductive, which tends to lead to a depressed state of mind.

You just make the best out of the cards you're dealt, anon. You play your hand the best you can and try to enjoy life and make the most of it
>>
>>16449858

The struggle is to find things that we enjoy doing and be able to pay for them. Most of the time, we can afford it, rather than the opposite.
And you CAN live without working, it's called being a bum.

Building an empire? Who wants to build an empire? That's a dumb way to live, to die, more stress than anything else.

You seem like you're confusing money with happiness. It isn't the same. I won't say that being poor is a picnic, but there's a reason a third of billionares are unhappy in their lives. If money was happiness, they wouldn't have the opportunity to be unhappy. Lack of money creates unhappiness, but money itself doesn't create happiness. Got that?

As to the point of living? Nobody knows, and the smart ones stop caring.
>>
It's all an illusion. Everything is inverted to keep you focused on petty things and lead you away from the truth. That you are a created being and Christ can save you from all of the lies and confusion. I never thought I'd say any of this.
>>
>>16449858

Then actual answer is to reproduce, and work out asses of to set your offspring up with as much success as possible so they can repeat the process. That's the real answer

But unfortunately, it leaves people like me lost, because i never want marriage or kids. So what the hell is my purpose?
>>
>>16450696
It doesn't matter if you have kids or not. Just live OP, and live doing the things that make you happy, What the fuck is the fucking purpose of life? To be happy! That's when you feel alive! And money is not always part of the things that can make you happy. Actually, it happened to me just today that I had a date. We went to a expensive restaurant and had fancy food. Ok, I enjoyed the food, but the thing that made me and my date happy was that it was raining and neither of us had an umbrella or even a sweater and we were late. So we walked two miles beneath the rain, with fancy clothes. And you know what? It was the happiest time of my life. Rain? Zero bucks. Cars throwing us more water? Guess, zero bucks. The most sincere smile I've ever seen? Hey! Zero bucks!
>>
>>16450696
Sex and reproduction aren't the only way of ensuring your genes continue. Long story short, any siblings you have share a good chunk of your DNA, and if you use your resources to ensure the survival of -their- childrenn, you are indirectly passing on your own DNA.

It seems that people without kids will usually spend more money on their sibling's kids that they would have if they actually had children of their own. It's certainly been true in my experience, I have a sister who never wants kids but she dotes on my child extensively

further reading here:
http://www.livescience.com/6106-gay-uncles-pass-genes.html

http://www.koryoswrites.com/nonfiction/eusociality-and-other-sex-free-lifestyles/
>>
>>16449858
What's the point of NOT living? All told you will spend more time doing that then living so why the fuck rush it becuSe "boo boo nothing is cheat code perfect"
>>
>>16450794

Well that doesn't apply to me then. I have no relationship with my brother's kids. And don't plan to.
>>
>>16450816
Live searching and doing what makes you happy.
>>
>>16450829

That's hard to do, because I don't enjoy life in general. Literally the only reason I haven't shot myself in the head with my Glock 19 is because it would be apparently "selfish" of me to do that to my friends or whatever
>>
I don't think working 40 hours a week or more for the rest of my life is what I want to be doing just to "earn a day or two off each week of my life. All of it is bullshit.
>>
Leave the world better than you found it--in whatever way you know best.
>>
>>16450857

It's literally to support a family. Unfortunetly.
>>
>>16450857

I hate it man. It's really depressing
>>
>>16450857
I'm in the same boat, I just recently got out of a hole I was in. Just a real long period in my life where i contributed nothing and just lived off of others and made the people around me more miserable, in a few years I managed to get out and weaseled myself into a respectable position in the healthcare/retail profession.

in a nutshell, it's very simple to 'get ahead' and it involves not being lazy.

It involves being able to lie, be willing to do anything boost your ego/pride/self esteem and learn to see everyone around you as inferior, if they are weaker/dumber/nicer than you, then they are for you to manipulate and control for your own benefit.

You have to be willing to work more than 40 hours a week, or study and pay into a profession that might require +4-6 years of schooling. After all has been said and done, you'd have to be willing to work 12 hour days all the while managing your savings and finding ways to make more money off of anyone or anything you can.

So yes, money is the key to everything, even if you aren't worried about wealth or think it can't buy happiness, you will eventually need more of it, New-ness wears off and new toys come and go, etc. etc.
>>
File: 1382440196920.jpg (31 KB, 358x439) Image search: [Google]
1382440196920.jpg
31 KB, 358x439
>>16449858
>What is the point of living. We work most our lives and enjoy little of it. If we want to do fun things it costs money and most of the time you cannot afford it.

This is what life is. Either find a way to fucking live with it like the rest of us or toss yourself in front of the next oncoming truck.

Boo fucking hoo. I don't know what about life on this planet that lead you to believe that existence is supposed to be pleasant and fun and care free but you are seriously living in a sad fucking fantasy if you think that anyone is going to stop and soothe your existential butthurt when we're all busy trying to figure out life for ourselves.

Suck it up mother fucker, no one cares about your existential crisis.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.