[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is nothing but studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2779687.jpg (31 KB, 300x271) Image search: [Google]
2779687.jpg
31 KB, 300x271
I'm in college, this is my first year. I'm turning 21 soon and by the time that I'm done I'm gonna be 25. Twenty-fucking-five.

I know I chose the right major and all, there's no question about that. It's just that I find it hard to motivate myself to read all these books when getting my dream job seems like such a distant goal. After 3 years studying must become interesting cause my master's studies are going to be more specific and focused on my actual interests.

I don't enjoy studying. The student life sucks. I just want to be over with this, get a nine-to-five job where I can actually get something useful done, get payed for it and start saving for my own apartment. I also wanna be mature already and going to school just makes me feel like a kid.

I know that this is a phase I can't possibly skip, but how the f* am I going to deal with this for 5 fucking years? Feels like forever. I feel like I can't start living my life until these "preparations" are done. Being a poor student sucks so much.
>>
>>16448716
I hate you because I'm 29 and wish I was still in university
>>
>>16448716
Grit your teeth, stop complaining and just do it. You're not the only one who had to go through all that.
Alternately, you could simply drop out. You know, if you don't have the balls...
>>
>>16448716

i feel ya man, after highschool i started applying for colleges and i was like 'this is it? i spent four years hating myself and strugglign to learn things ill never use just so that i can go spend money to learn most of the same things again and then a lot of stuff ill never use, just to get a degree that says i should earn more money but maybe wont?"

i decided to quit that race then and there. i didnt want to take calculus. i didnt want to take trig. i didnt want to spend another 4 years writing essays.

i quit, went to film school, and now manage an office for a psychic.

if your sure about what your dream job is and are definitely going to need a degree to get it, stick with it, but yeha it feels like life is always just too far away from actually starting.
>>
>>16448721
Why?

Maybe you enjoy those parties but I never did. Not thst I was autistic or anything, I've just grown over the age where partying and getting drunk so super fun. I also feel so lonely sometimes. I'd love to co-operate with colleagues and customers and be social, where as at the uni we are all on our own and you just mainly read books alone day after another. I got friends, so it's not like I was actually lonely.

I'd also enjoy having a stable day rhythm, nowadays I just got too much sparetime. I got hobbies and all but still, I don't have much to do what would actually be somehow useful. So I just sit and lurk.
>>
You were supposed to be doing useful things alongside your studies. Who's going to hire you strictly on the basis of theoretical study? They want experience, practice.

You need to stop blaming the system, sleep less and work more.
>>
>>16448751
believe it or not

adult life is even lonelier
>>
>>16448751
adult life is lonely
you have to deal with even more idiots
the people around you have even less similar interests
the people around you have an even wider age range
married people are boring
9-5s are monotonous
>>
>>16448766
I'm not blaming the system really, I'm just struggling with myself and all these thoughts I'm having. As said, it feels like I'm wasting time studying for years and then I'll be able to start my proper adult life. I know that I gotta finish school in order to work on my chosen field, so I'm not planning on quitting. But I still her every day spent as a student.
>>
Bumb
>>
I've just finished my fifth year of study, and I've got one more to go. I really don't see what's so bad about it. If you're enjoying what you're studying and you have good balance to your life, I don't see why you should hate this so much
>>
>>16448716
Then switch - go get a trade or something (a CDL takes 6 weeks), and get a job. Start making some coin. Get some experience. See what you want to do with your life.
>>
>>16449164
Yeah
>>
>>16448716
you dont have to not do anything but study unless you have severe dificulties, hell some of my friends are in very study intensive majors and still have time to go out drinking and dick around, if you're that shit at managing your time maybe you're not cut out for college
>>
>>16448716
Just gonna have to sacrifice a few years to get your dream position. Be glad you even have the chance to even go to College.
>>
>>16448737
> i quit, went to film school, and now manage an office for a psychic.

Great job there buddy
>>
>>16448716
I just got out at 25 and felt the same way you do for most of my time at university, OP. I decided to take a break before moving on to grad school, got myself a job recently and am saving up to travel around the world before looking for more schooling. Pursuing hobbies in the meantime that may turn into career opportunities, too.

I guess my advice would be to keep an open mind about any opportunities that come your way and use your college's resources to your advantage; don't treat it like it's just classes and homework, go out and look for things like part-time work, internships, or just clubs where you CAN get something useful done and maybe even get paid for it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.