[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/ I need some help or something. I turned 19 this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1080x1920
Alright /adv/ I need some help or something. I turned 19 this year and I dropped out of high school earlier this year. I'm at least 300 pounds and I'm not smart or good looking at all. Drawing is the only thing I really like to do but I'm not good and I have no motivation to improve. I don't know if I have depression but I assume I do. I haven't been to the doctor in years anyway. So basically I'm just a NEET mooching off my mother like a parasite. I know that it's highly unlikely that I'll fix myself and my life so should I just kill myself? If so can anyone recommend some painless methods? Thank you for taking the time to read my whining.
>>
>>16447821
Just get a job and lose some weight. Those aren't hard goals to obtain
>>
>>16447828
I can't do that. I hate being around people because I know they're making fun of me. And any job I could get in my current state would be too hard for an idiot like me anyway.
>>
>>16447821
Lose weight.
MyFitnessPal will be very handy. Don't expect it to happen easily, but if you change your lifestyle and dedicate yourself, it will work. Google 'calories in calories out' if you don't know the science of weight loss. Also, don't start any fad diets, as they are hard to sustain and you'll end up putting it all back on. Remember, calories in, calories out.

As for your other point, go out and get a job. Even if its a shitty job, get one. While you do that work on perhaps building up an art portfolio or something, I don't know what direction you want to go in, but don't waste these years.

Don't wait until tomorrow to make these changes. Make them now and do it right.
>>
>>16447832
and the weight?

I just lost 90 lbs in 8 months

my fucking replacement clothes don't even fit anymore.
>>
>>16447837
Fucking nice job.
I'm this >>16447833 guy and I'm losing weight as well. Maybe for mine and OPs benefit, throw some tips out there and I'll do the same?
>>
>>16447837
I can't do it. I don't have any willpower. I don't have any motivation. I probably have to kill myself. It might be my destiny or whatever. I just don't want to feel like shit anymore. The fact that I have to ask for help at all means I'm just a failure.
>>
>>16447841
Okay, you asked for advice and we are giving it to you. If a job is too much at this stage, focus solely on the weight loss. It's fucking worth it, and given the right advice it's easy.
Some tips:
- learn about CICO (calories in, calories out). that shit is literally what weight loss is all about
- ditch all drinks but water
- try to go easy on the junk food
- don't jump into it too fast, or just go cold turkey. work on the changes over a period of time, implementing one change, sticking with it, then implementing another.
- make healthy foods the staple of your diet. you can eat badly every once in a while, but as long as that is secondary to eating healthily.
- try some exercise. seriously, anything. work up from there.
>>
>>16447821
"It's highly unlikely that I fix myself"
And why the fuck do you say that? people have accomplished things MUCH harder than losing weight or getting a job. I really don't have a nice way to say this so get your lazy ass up and start doing shit. Like seriously it's not that hard. Just devote a couple of months to yourself and notice the difference. It's up to you to change yourself so stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>16447841
You THINK you don't have the will power. It's all in your head dude. Start doing it. Dedicate at least a month to losing weight. It works trust me.
>>
>>16447848
I know that I'm extremely lazy so I know I won't and can't do it. At this rate I'll end up dying on the street unless I man up and end my life myself. I wish I could face death without fear but I guess that's just not the guy I am. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>16447859
Jesus, the fix is right in front of you and it's fucking simple.
>>16447833
>>16447846
Read those.
>>
>>16447859
No one faces death without fear.
Ahh fuck it. There's no convincing you is there? You just don't WANT to be convinced.
Fine homie do whatever the hell you want.
Good luck
>>
>>16447840
funny enough I actually got interrupted while writing this post to give the newspaper delivery person diet advice. I'm kinda getting increasingly nervous about it too that I'm giving bad advice. What worked for me may not work for everyone else. For starters I smoked an absolute fuckload of pot until I quit just a week ago. Big surprise I immediately started drinking again so we'll see how that goes.

1. weigh yourself immediately when you wake up next time in the morning and write your weight down on a calendar in the corresponding day
2. eat only planned meals or whatever you have to do to remove as much freedom as you can because thats how you got in this mess. These meals should be about the same amount of calories each and should be eaten either 3 or 4 times a day depending on your schedule and preference.
3. after about 10 days weigh yourself again
4. did you lose weight? continue. did you not lose weight? you must reduce these meals e.g. 500 calorie meals must now become 400 calorie meals
5. repeat and reduce until you start losing weight
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.