[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I think it's just beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1429576645861.jpg (8 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1429576645861.jpg
8 KB, 250x189
I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I think it's just beginning stages. I have a small fever, body aches, diarrhea and vomiting. My head feels like a pressure cooker, I want to sleep but can't get comfortable because of body pains and shit. What the hell do I do? I haven't had the flu in over 10 years.

I just hear to drink a bunch of water. So do I just ride it out from here. Would a doctor tell me any different?
>>
Take some asprin, drink orange juice, have some soup, ride it out.
>>
>>16446863
Hey OP. I am sick too ): I get ill every couple months, so I'm basically an expert at this.

You should drink water and tea. Food is not really necessary when you're sick because the energy is better spent fighting the infection. Digestion takes energy. Of course eat maybe a bowl of soup every day, but if you're not hungry don't force yourself. But if you are hungry, it is perfectly ok to eat.

I don't recommend decongestants, as they reduce the production of mucus. The mucus keeps your lungs and nose clean- removing bacteria. Don't take Advil or Tylenol. If you have a fever that is under 102.5, that is good. The fever is killing the bacteria or virus. If your fever goes over 103, see a doctor or hospital. If it is over 103.6, you should go to the emergency room. Brain damage can happen if it's not treated.

Water is very important. If you are not getting enough water you can get very very sick. If you can't keep any fluids down for 12 hours, it's time to go to to the hospital and ask for a fluid IV. Or you can call your doc and ask if he will do saline at the office.

Sleep as much as you want and call out of work as long as you can. Take pepto bismol for your poops. And Tums (calcium tabs) are good for your stomach. Feel better OP
>>
>>16446901
cont.

better to avoid the dr if youre not dying/dehydrated/too feverish. you will get others sick ):
>>
>>16446901
Thanks for that. I'm just concerned with calling out sick for work tomorrow, my kind of work needs me there. Wish there was a cure-all pill for this.
>>
>>16446863
tons of vitamin c
tons of water
cold/flu meds
hot showers
(optional)little bits of whiskey
(optional)cannabis
>>
>>16446863
It could be snoo.
>>
>>16446863
>I just hear to drink a bunch of water.
yep
> Would a doctor tell me any different?
of course. "and rest"

and that means not even fucking housework and shit I'm serious
>>
>>16446922
there is, but it just atenuates the symptoms, you would be still a risk to other people working, companies usually make a big deal out of this
>>
>>16447759
What's snoo?
>>
>>16447964
Nothing. What's snoo with you?
>>
OTC flu medication, fluids and spend literally the entire day in bed. The key is being ready to pass out the moment your feel adequately sleepy. You should be drifting in and out of consciousness all day. That's what "bed rest" really means.
>>
>>16446863
I had something like this and then it just got worse. I thought it was just a flu but I hadn't had the flu since childhood. Same symptoms as you minus the diarrhea and vomiting, but I did have nausea.

It started out with a mania before anything else. I felt different psychologically. I'm not bipolar but it felt like what I imagine mania to be. Whatever it was, it either weakened my immune system or was a symptom of a weakened immune system.
Then I got a cough that wouldn't go away. The next morning I had general flu symptoms. Then it moved into my throat (couldn't swallow, lost 10 lbs) then my mouth and wisdom teeth (inflamed gums and couldn't even close my jaw) and from there I'm pretty sure I had encephalitis or meningitis because I was getting symptoms like full body soreness, cold sweats, hot flashes, convulsions, zero balance, etc. And my head felt like a pressure cooker. There were more symptoms, it felt like I was dying. Then all symptoms passed except the wisdom teeth infection so I managed to go to the doctor. They just treated the mouth swelling. I think it would've healed regardless of what they did.

Then I started getting cold sores. So it must've been herpes. I nearly died to fucking herpes. And I didn't even kiss anyone to get it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.