[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it feels like im being stalked, every where I go, whatever I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1445428476167.png (89 KB, 308x478) Image search: [Google]
1445428476167.png
89 KB, 308x478
it feels like im being stalked, every where I go, whatever I say, I feel like someone is listening, especially my thoughts. I talked about it to someone, and they suggested it being paranoia, but I feel just fine? They told me to see a physiatrist, but I'm afraid they'll judge me, and might prescribe me over the counter BS.

In the end, I just feel like everyone has these thoughts, and that it is normal, am I wrong ?
>>
>>16446579

How much do you sleep at night?
How long do you spend on the computer per day?
How much time do you spend with friends in a given month?
>>
yeaaaaaah bad news. sounds like the prodrome to psychosis. this is a process where essentially the connections in your brain go a little funny. studies show that the longer you go without proper psychiatric treatment, the worse the connections get and the more dysfunctional you get. I know you don't like the idea of taking medicationd and stuff but some of us just get a bad hand and we have to take them our whole lives, whether it's for high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, or brain stuff. it's entirely your choice, but trust me... it's better to see the psychiatrist and stay on the meds, and sooner than later. please think about it. good luck.
>>
>>16446591
I don't sleep much, I'd say 7 hours ? But I have those natural time bodies, if that makes sense. The word escapes me.

Not on a computer a lot, but in front of a screen (video game, televisions)

A see a friend at least once a week. Just came back from a sleepover over the weekend.
>>
>>16446606
oh yeah. fair point to the other guy, you may have schizoid or schizotypal personality disorder. but of course you could also be having the prodrome to a psychotic break, particularly if you haven't felt this way before, and also depends on your age. either way, see a good psychiatrist. if you don't like the first one, get another one.
>>
>>16446601
I'm just paranoid what's inside, I feel like I'm easily influenced from the negativity I hear all over about medication. I'm so lost on this.
>>
>>16446606

Sleepover huh. I say go to a therapist, different from a psychiatrist. They can't prescribe but they can give you perspective.

Maybe that's all you need, an unbiased perspective. And it's a therapists job not to judge people. Believe me, whatever you say to them, they've heard a lot worse. Give it a whirl.
>>
>>16446579

>>16446601
Listen to this, OP. Have some mental disorders myself, and what you have to realize is that the brain is an organ, and mental disorders are caused by this organ failing or not acting properly, which is *always* something you should treat.

I wouldn't recommend seeing a psychiatrist personally (the whole if you have a hammer, everything is a nail problem), but I'd recommend seeing a general physician about it and telling them what's been going on.

They're much more likely to consider other possibilities (in my experience) and will actually test for any problems before prescribing a medication, so they can be sure its needed.

And don't feel worried about medication. 95% of the time, you'll have no problem with any meds. However, if you do, you simply tell your doctor and they'll be more than happy to work out an alternative- I've done it myself.
>>
>>16446642
i'm not going to fuck with you, strong medicine is strong poison. but a good psychiatrist will be able to help you determine whether or not treatment is appropriate. there's a lot of bad talk about medication but frankly it's a bunch of overblown moralizing. fact of the matter is that there's a biological reality of the brain and we have treatments. ask a professional. most media and layperson understanding of psychiatry is completely awful.

don't get me wrong there are a lot of bad psychiatrists too. but hopefully you can find a good one.
>>
>>16446655
it sucks that you've had such bad experiences with psychiatrists that you'd recommend a GP over them! hopefully the face of mental health services will be changing into the future.
>>
>>16446666
I've actually had pretty good experiences with psychiatrists, I just thought OP might prefer the more familiar setting of seeing a GP, which would likely be equally beneficial for at least determining a diagnosis (or lack thereof)
>>
What's wrong with sleepovers?

Besides that, thank you all for listening, I'll consider a therapist, the first step is getting the balls to do so, but you guys gave me the push, thank you.
>>
>>16446677
oh good. I know a lot of people have bad experiences, which is a shame.

>>16446724
I'm glad you are thinking about it. you are welcome. good luck!
>>
>>16446724

Didn't mean anything by it, just means you're probably young, which means you have all the time in the world to figure things out.

I've had a lot of episodes like this, it's natural nothing to be concerned with. Could be any number of things, mine was a combination of stress, trauma, and insomnia. You'll figure it out, just takes time.
>>
>>16446724
If it helps, remember that therapists, like all doctors, are bound by law to keep your information private unless you give them permission, in writing, to share it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.