[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to not give a fuck? Here's my thing, I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: safdsdfsd.jpg (56 KB, 593x640) Image search: [Google]
safdsdfsd.jpg
56 KB, 593x640
How do I learn to not give a fuck? Here's my thing, I want to like people. I honestly do. I'm actually a very sociable person and have socialized with many people for a long time. I'm easy to get along with, I've traveled throughout the world, etc. But I've noticed a trend lately of people having their heads up their own asses. I'm pretty sure it's from technology and people obsessed with social media. The thing is, I have a very hard time letting go of bitter feelings when I meet pretentious people. I feel like I'm living in a world of people who only care about themselves and it makes me want to slap their shit. Obviously not everyone is like this, and the people I recognize are not I cherish, but most people are and it makes me despise them.

I don't tell anyone this. These are deep feelings I have but I want to learn to just be okay that people are mostly fucked up. But I can't. I want to teach people a lesson by being a dick when I have power, even though I know it's pointless. Even then, I know they will want to just retaliate with power over me. It's the pyramid scheme.

I just want to stop suffering because other people are such shit. How do I learn to just be okay in my own mind without relying on other people?
>>
Well, humans are social creatures so the idea of letting go of relying on anyone else is just pointless chasing your own tail, not going to solve anything. What you need to do is try to build a broad base of people to socialize with of a variety of walks of life so that when someone or something ticks you off you have a host of other people to hang out with to cool your jets with who belong to a variety of values so you can find someone who agrees with you at least for a bit. That way instead of getting involved with power plays you can just say bye to whoever is pissing you off and hang out with someone else until you've forgotten what they did to piss you off.

That and if you're the type of over thinker it sounds like you're saying you are, it may be very beneficial to do like a therapy correspondence thing. It sounds really dumb but is very true that it really helps to have someone to talk to who is only there to listen and support you.
>>
>>16440027
dude thank you. You just helped me immensely. I know this sounds retarded but I felt like I was in a knot and you just untangled it. Thanks.
>>
>>16440035

I'm profoundly pleased to have been of any help. Good luck man.
>>
People being self obsessed predates technology. If you read old political journals on making connections... it's all about making the other person blab about themselves.

As far as not being bitter. Stop caring about them so much. Realize they're one of 7 billion people. You don't like how they act, and they really aren't important. Chances are they're like most people that gave up their passion and now are settling in life.
>>
>>16440007

life is currently constructed so people almost never have to leave their own little personalized boxes. use this to your advantage. in other words, fake it til you make it.

cut out anyone you dont need in your life. dont worry about how this will be negative, cuz you wont have to deal with that.

from there, if someone ever does something that gets a rise out of you, or anything like that, dont give a fuck. even if you secretly do, dont admit it, dont acknowledge it, just grunt and go home.

by doing this you are teaching your brain to react with indifference, and eventually it will do this naturally.

you can use the same trick to cure depression.
>>
Literally stop relying on other people. Love yourself first, then others. The good people are drawn to that. Bad ones are too, they just can't get close enough. Learning not to care is just as difficult as learning to care.
>>
you sound like an insufferable cunt. literally the only person ive met that has your mentality actually had some pretty subpar people skills and wasn't even pleasant to have around. if you're anything like him you have a rough road trying to unravel your mental mess and coming to terms with the reality you live in.
>>
>>16440106
Funny how you sound just like an insufferable cunt

I usually dgaf, but made an exception for you
>>
>>16440106

Yeah that other anon is right, you do sound insufferable yourself. At least capitalize, fuck. That shit don't look good to read.
>>
>>16440120
>wahhhh people have to take time out of their busy lives to talk to me or else they're a super duper selfish asshole douche! youre not allowed to have goals and you have to go out of your way every (self important, how ironic) faggot like me that tries to pry my little cunty way in!
>>
>>16440106
you sound like an insufferable cunt
>>
>>16440140
the difference is im not trying to promote myself as a social person
>>
>>16440143
kek not who you're replying to but you sound like a millenial. kill yourself senpai
>>
>>16440145
you sound like a person whos so retarded they literally have to borrow verbatim the insult used by the person they are trying to insult

>>16440150
yeah i am deal with.
>>
>>16440180
>yeah I am deal with
kek I don't have to deal with anything. You have to deal with the rest of society laughing at you. That is until we die, which at that point you'll be old and nobody will care about you anymore
>>
>>16440202
>kek I don't have to deal with anything.
well, um, millennials are going overtake boomers in terms of sheers numbers so we'll be running this shit. seems like you'll have a lot to deal with or you know, youll just put up with it.

>You have to deal with the rest of society laughing at you.
see above

>which at that point you'll be old and nobody will care about you anymore
you mean like every other generation, including yours? lol way to think that one through
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.