[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been rejected a lot in my past. I've matured a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1436659033680.jpg (109 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
1436659033680.jpg
109 KB, 736x1104
I've been rejected a lot in my past. I've matured a lot more now though, I'm able to socialize well and I'm better than average looking. However now that the tables have turned, I keep getting thoughts of getting revenge against all the people who wronged me. I want to beat the shit out of a lot of people and then when it comes to women, I feel the need to just rub it in their face because they were such bitches to me in the past for no reason..

I guess all I can say is, how do I just let go of the past? I'm filled constantly with thoughts of just making those people who made me feel like shit in the past, now feel like shit, but I know this is eating me alive a bit and making me into a bitter person. How can I just let go of the past?
>>
It's just one of the marks of maturity to stop obsessing over showing people how fucking wrong they were/are. It's no surprise you have such a drive. It's the hallmark of your entire childhood that you were constantly called out for making mistakes. Home, school, wherever. Childhood is about learning and you can't learn from mistakes unless they're called out.

Except you're not a child anymore, nor are all of those people from your past. You aren't their father anyway. Just because you endured decades of "mistakes being called out is the right thing to do" doesn't mean it's appropriate any longer. If someone is fucking with you, you handle it then and there. It's not a teaching moment but one of protecting your interests. But that's it. Then you break away and let that person fuck up the rest of their own life with their poor choices. You don't obsess over playing the role your parents and teachers once played for you.
>>
>>16436369
thanks, you hit the nail on the head. I guess I'm just still bitter at what they did. It's hard to get over because I have this problem still where I value people more than myself.
>>
>>16436536
what did they do?
>>
>>16436536
I get this too a bit, what are ways to get past it? I mean, yeah I still want them to suffer but I would rather take a better path towards moving on.
>>
>>16436359

Just do it.

Hatefuck some bitches, tell them to get out afterwards.

There's no reason not to now that you're attractive.

Become one of them, join the dark side.
>>
>>16436359
Living well is the best revenge.

Be happy and successful and let them stew with envy.
>>
>>16436359
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon#The_Lake_Wobegon_effect
>>
Just let it go. How can you let it go? Just make yourself clear that you just don't wanna live with this anger and pain anymore. The negativity about others, wheter or not it's right, just makes you feel worse. And everything what happened in the past is irrelevant, because the past is over. It can only exist in your mind if you keep it alive. But there is no other thing than living in the Now, so why should you be affected by the past? Just let it go.
>>
>>16436359
You deserved to feel like shit because you a re a piece of shit.
>>
>>16437708
>>16437708
>why should you be affected by the past?
the past is what made us become the person that we are now today. the crux is not to view the past as "irrelevant", which it isn't, but to be able to differ what was and is important to you. otherwise, if you let the past go, you'd let yourself go, too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.