[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making good social progress so far, but how much longer should I wait?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19
File: 1456196874398.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456196874398.png
12 KB, 500x500
To summarize, I can't figure out how to get laid on my own, I'm making friends with guys who seem to have it down, the end of the semester is rapidly approaching, if I get to the end and I feel like I'm close to, but not quite there yet, to the level of them liking me to let them know about my situation to try to get them to help me, should I tell them? Or should I wait until next semester and continue to work on them longer and then tell them?

Also finals take place May 5th through the 13th, around how long before then will people go into maximum over study mode? (which basically means all social contact is over and then they immediately go home once exams are done)

Because if I'm going to tell them it has to be before then
>>
>Or should I wait until next semester and continue to work on them longer and then tell them?

Yes
>>
>>17029518
Also what I mean by all of this is I am betting that if they like me enough they will feel bad and pull their strings, but I'm not sure if I can get them to like me that much before the semester is out, especially now that people are "busy" so much lately. And even if I can, I don't know if they would have enough time to work their magic.

It will be super painful to wait until late August, but I will only get one shot at "accidentally" "letting it slip" that I've never gotten laid before to pull a "40 year old virgin" stunt on them where they all feel bad and try to pool their resources "your dick is my dick", (except in that movie the guy wasn't secretly telling them on purpose)
>>
>>17029518
>>17029541
And I don't want to do it too early and ruin it
>>
>>17029513
are you trying to fuck guys, or are you trying to fuck girls? if you're trying to fuck girls, you should be cultivating relationships with girls. these guys may not be able to get you a screw as easily as you think they can, but if you make a few lady friends who like to screw around you're pretty much set. casual friend fucks are great for your first time
>>
>>17029607
I have 0 friends that are girls and have no idea how to get any.

My hope with these guys is to have them set me up with casual friend fucks, or introduce me to some single girls for dates, or I dunno.

Bridge the gap I guess, do the heavy lifting for me.
>>
>>17029607
Again I am positive, 100%, that they all fuck alot, and one guy I know doesn't even have a girlfriend and still does it. He told me flat out he doesn't have a girlfriend and he doesn't want one, yet he is always bringing some girl to his dorm to have sex with her, every time he goes on vacation he does it too. Its weird because he is objectively worse looking and worse dressed than me, I don't know how the fuck he does it. Apparently he is big into pot so maybe that factors in somehow? I'm hoping he knows some girls who he could tell a sob story to about me and get them to have sex with me
>>
>>17029617
"I have 0 friends that are girls and have no idea how to get any. "

we're just people, m8. befriend girls the same way you befriended these guys. literally. approach, chat, find out if you share interests, and bang, like magic, you have a female friend. pretend they're no different from the dudes you've been chatting up because ultimately, they really aren't.

while i still feel like expecting someone else to get you laid is doomed to fail (never worked for me, unfortunately) when it comes down to it you're probably more likely to get a chick to set you up with one of her friends, anyway
>>
>>17029661
I don't even remember how I met the guys I've met or how we become friends, but I know that girls minds work differently. Yeah they are people but they operation differently. They always interpret a guy talking to them differently than a girl, they are wary, they are judgemental, they aren't anywhere near as laid back.

I don't know how to break through that. So I stopped trying a while back. I guess I could try again, but I'm not gonna place any bets on it.
>>
File: 03QJ.jpg (285 KB, 700x1037) Image search: [Google]
03QJ.jpg
285 KB, 700x1037
>>17029513

Turrrrrrboooooo!

Welcome back dude! How's that undercut going?
>>
>>17029661
Oh and there is always the tension of asking for their number, getting a guys number is so easy, when it comes to girls most of them go "I have a boyfriend", and even if they don't, none of them ever responded to me. This is all experience from last semester and the very beginning of this one, like in January.

There is so much underlying tension with girls, they expect so much. With guys its like "oh lol you like that show too? Yeah, something something small talk, wanna hang out? Sure"

With girls its like your trying to sell an entire act and if you mess up one little detail its all over forever.
>>
>>17029683
Literally fuck off asswipe. No amount of self improvement will ever be enough for you. Go play in traffic.
>>
>>17029690

>I made a thread about wanting to rape women by joining the peace corps
>My continuing scheme is to have my "friends" pressure a girl into having sex with me
>Self-improvement

Cut it out, Turbo.

For all posters past this point, this dude hates "millenial culture" and will whine and bitch that he can't get women because he was born in the wrong era. He's pudgy, considers himself strong enough to rape a woman and fast enough to "sprint after her" because of his long legs, and has zero fucking desire to improve his pure shit personality.

He's also just another Brandon that constantly reposts his threads. Tell him to fuck off until he goes away.
>>
File: lure.jpg (304 KB, 2824x1277) Image search: [Google]
lure.jpg
304 KB, 2824x1277
>>17029712
>>
>>17029671
"I don't even remember how I met the guys I've met or how we become friends, but I know that girls minds work differently. Yeah they are people but they operation differently. They always interpret a guy talking to them differently than a girl, they are wary, they are judgemental, they aren't anywhere near as laid back."

we're just! people! m8! you'll find that women respond to you a lot more easily when you stop approaching them already thinking of them like they're some kind of alien entity. if a guy approaches me and he's sincerely friendly and chill, i don't react any differently than i would if he were a chick. if i can tell he's treating me like i'm some kind of exotic animal, it makes me a lot less relaxed.

"Oh and there is always the tension of asking for their number, getting a guys number is so easy, when it comes to girls most of them go "I have a boyfriend""

if you're asking for a girl's number because you want to be friends, say so. something something small talk, wanna hang out. if she says 'i have a boyfriend', reassure her that you're not trying to hit on her. i mean, bear in mind while you're doing this that if you're not ACTUALLY motivated by friendliness and you are trying to be sly about hitting on her, she might be able to tell you're lying, but that's true of anyone. don't be dishonest about your motivations and you'll be fine.

you seem to have a lot of tension yourself going into conversations with girls, and a LOT of opinions re: girls that involve a lot of hard generalizations. maybe examine those and see what happens
>>
>>17029731
I've been burned a lot of times and don't trust them. But I guess I'll give it another shot. But none of the friends I currently have were ever forced so I dunno when or where these interactions will happen. And another problem is its a lot harder to find common interests with girls than it is with guys. So yeah I guess I'm open to the idea again, but I'm still cautious about it.
>>
>>17029731
And how do you get a girl to want to hang out without her interpreting it as a date?
And isn't that called friend zoning yourself? Isn't that one of the worst things a guy can do?
>>
>>17029741
>I've been burned a lot of times and don't trust them.

so what's your secret for going through this much of life without dealing with a rude man? i mean, clearly, being the discerning and fair dude that you definitely are, if you'd ever had bad experiences with men, you would "not trust" men as a monolithic whole too, right? i'm being sarcastic. this is my way of telling you that if you think 'all women are _____', you're probably at least kind of sexist and you should not be that.

>But none of the friends I currently have were ever forced so I dunno when or where these interactions will happen.

easy answer: dont force it

>And another problem is its a lot harder to find common interests with girls than it is with guys.

is your only interest 'being a man'?

>And how do you get a girl to want to hang out without her interpreting it as a date?

ask her to hang out and say it isn't a date. mean it. don't hope it will turn into a date. the idea that men and women cant be friends is victorian and stifling.

>And isn't that called friend zoning yourself? Isn't that one of the worst things a guy can do?

are you 12??? the friendzone don't real, puta. it's 2016, stop buying into that bs. there will be people on earth who dont want to date other people, but it's not because of the "friendzone". it's because they dont want to date that particular person. i've made friends and gone on to date them, gone in to date people and ended up friends, and had casual 'with benefits' friendships. the friendzone dont real.

the more you talk the more i think your biggest issue is that you're generalizing women as being less pleasant and sensible than men, along with being "untrustworthy", and your tone really.. seems to suggest that you don't LIKE women.. so I'm going to suggest either start thinking of and treating women as variable people or resign yourself to screwing dudes.
>>
>>17029808
>so what's your secret for going through this much of life without dealing with a rude man?
Because it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much to deal with a rude man than a rude woman

>easy answer: dont force it
Yeah long term I guess that will work but short term no

>is your only interest 'being a man'?

No but I dont think girls would wanna go to parks or nature islands or watch the shows I watch or go to the food places I go to

The friendzone is supposed to be defined as a relationship with a girl with 0 prospects of sex, I guess if you go in not with the goal of sex from her in the near future, but instead long term from her or from her acting as an intermediary to set you up with her friends then I guess its not really friend zoning so I guess its alright

>the more you talk the more i think your biggest issue is that you're generalizing women as being less pleasant and sensible than men, along with being "untrustworthy"

Well its just that always being rejected by them in the past made me suspicious

>seems to suggest that you don't LIKE women

I don't dislike them, but I definitely think men make better friends

>or resign yourself to screwing dudes

Never, I'm gonna keep going with what I talked about in my OP and I'm gonna be open to talking to girls now

And speaking of the OP post, what do you suggest?
>>
>>17029844

I suggest screwing dudes, Turbo.

Gotta get used to it when you're living it up in Malaysian prison.
>>
>>17029857
Literally no one cares what you have to say.
>>
>>17029844

>"i dont think girls like things"
>"men are better"
>what do you suggest?

stop being a sexist.

i take back everything i said, please dont talk to or pursue any women until you work on that. don't subject them to your fucked pov
>>
>>17029871
How about no?
I think I'm gonna start talking to them tomorrow, assuming its natural and not forced like you suggested.

Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>17029862

You do, you pudgy virgin.

:^)
>>
>>17029871

And now you're seeing Turbo's fatal flaw... he hates women besides when it comes to "bareback sex."
>>
File: 1459688807702.jpg (27 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1459688807702.jpg
27 KB, 205x205
>>17029875
>>17029881
>still being this assravaged
And the biggest white knight of the year award goes to this guy.

Oh and bai ze way, bai ze way, the pounds have literally been melting away thanks to this PSMF diet, almost all excess body fat is gone.
>>
>>17029885

decent selfie

looks like you're still being weighed down by your virginity
>>
>>17029890
Looks like your still being weighed down by "muh rape culture, muh your a bad person"

You dont actually give a shit that I've never gotten laid, its a non issue in your mind, your just anally annihilated because in your words "he has a shit personality" and "I want you to die"

Doesn't matter if I've gone from 270 to 236 in 6 weeks, doesn't matter if I weight train 3 times a week, doesn't matter if I'm getting people to actually like me now and and change their weekend plans just to hang out with me, no its never enough for you.

Because you know its all a facade on my part and it infuriates you.

Well tough shit.

Fuck off.
>>
>>17029874
you'll find that 'stop being a sexist' was the implied first step before all of those tips and without it, you'll definitely fail but i mean

have fun with that

>>17029881
i never thought not heeding some random 4channer telling me someone was a dumbfuck would actually turn out to be a mistake, and yet, here i am. amazing.
>>
>>17029890
Basically in your mind I'm what they call a "fuckboy"

>>17029903
Well sorry but you can't take back advice so I'm gonna go with what you told me before you started disliking me, since I know it was legit advice and now that I think about it, it will actually work.

So yeah your no longer needed bye.
>>
>>17029897
Nothing like a potential rapist blowing apart his own thread by admitting everything he does is a facade. Good job, Turbs.
>>
File: 3465.jpg (34 KB, 616x246) Image search: [Google]
3465.jpg
34 KB, 616x246
Also you guys should really check out this book, "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie, it has great information on how to manipulate people, and really spells out how most people are stupid and don't operate on logic or reason, but instead emotion. They are huge into pride and vanity and greed, and if you play into those things and fuel them they will like you. I got a free PDF of it and its fantastic, so easy to read, and I've tried the stuff out in person with these guys I hang out with and it actually works.

Here's a few tidbits
Dont criticize, condemn or complain
Give compliments
Make them want to do the things you want them to

Learn as much as you can about them, ask them questions about themselves, get them to talk about themselves
Smile
REMEMBER PEOPLE'S NAMES
Listen intently, keep the conversation going based on what they have said, build off of it
Talk about everything in terms of what the other person wants / what is good for them / their interests in general
Make the other person feel important, relevant, like they matter a great deal

Avoid arguments no matter what, if one starts, defuse it immediately
If you must correct someone, do it subtly and politely, do not outright tell them they are wrong, slowly get them to connect the dots
If you are wrong, admit it rapidly and apologetically, get them to feel bad for you and to let it go
>>
>>17029911
you literally couldnt go ten forum posts without outing yourself to a random, strange woman on the internet, with infinite time to consider and go over every response, 0 face-to-face, and no standing biases so i mean

you can try

if you want
>>
>>17029926
You already messed it up, and I got the info I wanted anyways. I can always just wait a few days and make another one and not respond to your first probe post like this one >>17029683

I just couldn't resist this time, wanted to really tear into you and brag,

>>17029929
Well the thing is I didn't really try that hard. And plus you had mr White Knight over here helping you along so there's that. In person is way different than on the internet, also see here >>17029928

Oh and like you said, gurlz are just people too right? Well I'm having a great time getting the guys to like me so I guess I'll have no trouble getting the gurlz to too huh?
>>
>>17029897

Turbo, I'm not infuriated that it's a facade, but you know it's a facade and you're infuriated because no one wants to touch your tiny inadequate pecker.

The only thing that bothers me is that you come here to whine about how no one likes you when you have nothing to offer but blaming everyone else for your problems.

>>17029903

I aim to serve, I guess. I just hate this guy for being garbage.

>>17029911

I don't think a fuckboy is someone who can't get fucked, Turbo. Might wanna scope out Urban Dictionary for the hip terms.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
>>17029935
What info? There was nothing said in this thread that you couldn't have gotten from a Google Search (well, other than your admitting that you want to join the Peace Corps to rape third-world women, but only time will tell). This wasn't a reconnaissance mission, Master Chief.
>>
>>17029939
I think it actually does infuriate you, I think you think I'm a terrible person and want me to fail, not because you have a problem with what I want but because you have a problem with everything else about me.

Apparently a fuck boy is a mentality more than anything.

>>17029941
And your movie snails shit posting is really stupid, be creative or don't post pics.

I mean for real I'm some anon on 4chan and your trying this hard to "call me out" every time you suspect I'm here, I really think you have a personal grudge against me.

Also please see here >>17029928
>>
>>17029926
>>17029929
>>17029935

Turbie, the greatest thing is that neither of these posters are me, your one true nemesis.

And I'm a dude. Who has had consensual, great sex.

Too bad there's no switch from "Turbo" to "Damage Control."
>>
File: sooth-crying-baby.jpg (15 KB, 635x414) Image search: [Google]
sooth-crying-baby.jpg
15 KB, 635x414
>>17029945
It's not really that hard. It really isn't.
>>
>>17029949
It's hard to keep track, either there's a lot of samefagging or a lot of white knights ITT: Either way my points are still the same, master socialization and you master everything. Then the sex will come, along with everything else.

>>17029951
You've posted in other threads before, even ones I didn't make, and I just didn't respond and no one picked up on it, I kind figured this would happen ITT but I just had to say "fuck you" once after a few weeks of seeing you shit post occasionally and me just ignore it.
>>
>>17029935
i literally told you to 'see women as people' and 'be honest', i really don't know why you're acting like some kind of supervillain who has ~duped me~ and is now running off with the golden key to poundtown. if 'be a decent person' is new "info" to you there's not enough advice in every self-help bookshop in oregon to get you laid.

you're funny, but in that 'it's almost too sad to be funny' way, you know?

you're also very stupid, and apparently an outstanding tryhard, but i don't think i need to point that out.

nice to meet you, turbo.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (35 KB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
35 KB, 355x200
>>17029958
Nope. What you think you know about me is completely wrong. Keep trying, though, Turbo. Sega!Anon had it right.
>>
>>17029961
I never said I had some golden key or that I duped anyone, I just said thanks for the advice and you got all upset because "misogyny"

> if 'be a decent person' is new "info" to you there's not enough advice in every self-help bookshop in oregon to get you laid.

Well again there is, I keep referencing it, "win friends and influence people" - dale carnegie, check it out

You have "getting tired of this one guys shit and self destructing your own thread just to give him the finger" with "stupid"

Yeah about that turbo thing, I'm not gonna let this become a meme here on /adv/ like that brandon guy, from now on policy is ignore any mention of turbo from this guy, if they demand I give an answer then deny it.

That brandon guy tripfagged, I don't.
>>
>>17029958

You can't even tell who's calling you Turbo anymore, dude. Because it sure hasn't just been me. You either die a virgin, or you live long enough to see yourself become a meme.

Also, if you've mastered everything, then where's the sex?
>>
File: Turbo-Wallpaper1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
Turbo-Wallpaper1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>17029972
I didn't say I mastered everything, I said I was still learning and reading the book, and practicing what I've learned

turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo
>>
>>17029971

"Career & Languages" Brandon didn't tripfag at all.

You're just turning yourself into Turbo Brandon, which is even worse, I'd say.
>>
I'm out, see you guys later, this turbo shit ends here, no more responding to little probe posts testing the waters to see if its me or not in the future like this one >>17029683
>>
File: 412oyjCIZDL.jpg (28 KB, 416x500) Image search: [Google]
412oyjCIZDL.jpg
28 KB, 416x500
>>17029981

Abrandon thread?
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>>17029981
mmm whatcha say
>>
>>17029971
Turbad, you keep posting about that one book like it's some kind of holy manual on manipulation, but it's really not impressive in the least because those of us with functioning souls do all of that intuitively. It's called 'being a human being'. 'Be nice' isn't the new killer interpersonal meta, it's the baseline. That you have to have a manual to get there is real sad, Turbro.

And next time, Furbo? maybe read over the sentence (presumably) meant to refute your stupidity and make sure it makes sense.
>>
File: mind blown.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mind blown.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>17029998
I'm sorry I just had to come back real fast. I adore this book so much. It's like mind blowing how simple all of this is, and how effective all of it is. It's like waking up from the matrix or something.

Become genuinely interested in other people. "You can make more friends in two months by being interested in them, than in two years by making them interested in you."[4] The only way to make quality, lasting friendships is to learn to be genuinely interested in them and their interests.
Smile. Happiness does not depend on outside circumstances, but rather on inward attitudes. Smiles are free to give and have an amazing ability to make others feel wonderful. Smile in everything that you do.
Remember that a person's name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language. "The average person is more interested in their own name than in all the other names in the world put together."[5] People love their names so much that they will often donate large amounts of money just to have a building named after themselves. We can make people feel extremely valued and important by remembering their name.
Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves. The easiest way to become a good conversationalist is to become a good listener. To be a good listener, we must actually care about what people have to say. Many times people don't want an entertaining conversation partner; they just want someone who will listen to them.
Talk in terms of the other person's interest. The royal road to a person's heart is to talk about the things he or she treasures most. If we talk to people about what they are interested in, they will feel valued and value us in return.
>>
>>17029998

Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely. The golden rule is to treat other people how we would like to be treated. We love to feel important and so does everyone else. People will talk to us for hours if we allow them to talk about themselves. If we can make people feel important in a sincere and appreciative way, then we will win all the friends we could ever dream of.

The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it. Whenever we argue with someone, no matter if we win or lose the argument, we still lose. The other person will either feel humiliated or strengthened and will only seek to bolster their own position. We must try to avoid arguments whenever we can.
Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say "You're wrong." We must never tell people flat out that they are wrong. It will only serve to offend them and insult their pride. No one likes to be humiliated, we must not be so blunt.
If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically. Whenever we are wrong we should admit it immediately. When we fight we never get enough, but by yielding we often get more than we expected. When we admit that we are wrong people trust us and begin to think sympathize with our way of thinking.
Begin in a friendly way. "A drop of honey can catch more flies than a gallon of gall."[6] If we begin our interactions with others in a friendly way, people will be more receptive. Even if we are greatly upset, we must be friendly to influence people to our way of thinking.

Begin in a friendly way. "A drop of honey can catch more flies than a gallon of gall."[6] If we begin our interactions with others in a friendly way, people will be more receptive. Even if we are greatly upset, we must be friendly to influence people to our way of thinking.
Start with questions to which the other person will answer yes.

etc etc

I think this book is gonna be one of the best things to ever happen to me
>>
File: dale-carnegie.jpg (25 KB, 378x480) Image search: [Google]
dale-carnegie.jpg
25 KB, 378x480
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

“When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.”

Some of the truest stuff I've ever read
>>
File: 1451073466978.gif (646 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
1451073466978.gif
646 KB, 448x336
>>17030038
For some reason I kind of like you. Alright boys and girls I really do have to go now, got class in the morning. Bye everyone.
>>
I'm lost with this turbo crap. Is this some /soc/ drama leaking onto this board or what?
>>
>>17029513
DON'T ASK THEM FOR HELP

just hang out with them and learn. Do you think girls fuck people ''as a favor to the cool guys?"

also, stop eating doritos and join a gym.

my story :
>virgin at 18
>fucked 3 girls until 20
>had a girlfriend for one year and didn't fuck her

>start to read about sexual dynamics and evolurionary psychology
>from 21 to 22, fuck 15 girls
>22 atm, fucked around 30 so far

I've beat my beta upbringing. You can do it too.
>>
>>17030056

Nothing to do with any other board, as far as I know. Dude's just an insufferable poster with the same pattern, and got a nickname.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.