[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get over someone without killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
What's the best way to get over someone without killing yourself? I've got that feeling in my chest where it's all heavy and shit. Fuck. Fuck.
>>
time,

it's painful but it goes away. there's not a whole lot you can do to speed up the process.
>>
>>17015048
Realize that despite what you too have shared together you are no longer, together.

The reality is that if it had meaningfully worked out together, it would have. But it didn't and look where you are now.

You are moping for your own self-gratification while the other person might not even be feeling that. Realize there are other people who will treat you better and you won't ever feel that until you've gone back out into the world.

Killing yourself over that is a losing bet. You, by default choose to lose instead of being a winner. I felt this way for the longest time until I realize what it's like to be with someone genuine and who really cares about you. I had to be patient and wait for the right person to come along. I had lived my life fully
>>
Depends on how it ended. If they fucked you over, think about their bad qualities/physical traits. For example the thought of my ex steadily balding brings me great joy. It might sounds harsh but you need to do what you need to do to feel better.
>>
>>17015048
>What's the best way to get over someone without killing yourself?

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone (else).
>>
>>17015048

I'm right there with you dude. The only thing I can think of is time. It sucks and it's going to eat away at you, but keep yourself occupied with something positive. I started going to the gym but anything that betters you as a person will work.
>>
Focus on your life outside the relationship, on what still remains.

>>17015079
I feel like this is a bad idea
>>
>>17015079
This is probably the only cure
been a year since my break up and im still sad by it, only thing i havent managed is to find a new girl
>>
you are not a lone, I could post a huge paragraph asking for advice on the same subject and what people think of the whole thing I went through but what does that accomplish?
>>
>>17015048
Heartbreak is one of the worst feelings in the world, so there's nothing wrong with you for feeling bad.

Two things might help you get through it:

1. It WILL get better. Just keep telling yourself that. Just try to go on with your ordinary life. One day you'll surprise yourself by realizing you haven't thought about her for hours. One day you'll surprise yourself by realizing that thinking about her doesn't hurt all that much any more.

2. Remind yourself that being heartbroken is proof you have a heart to break. All of us sometimes wonder if we really have the ability to love. You now know that you do - and in an odd way that can be comforting.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.