[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleeping too long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1424890209357.jpg (55 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1424890209357.jpg
55 KB, 700x400
What's the ultimate method to get out of bed earlier?
I'm a NEET so I sleep longer than I actually want to.

Thing I do that doesn't work anymore: Placing the alarm clock far away from me

When I wake up I'm in this trance where my only thought is that I'm still tired and my bed is comfy. Of course I regret it every time.
>>
Exercise

Alliteratively get a responsibility of some sort that forces you out of bed.
>>
27 year old NEET here with a very disciplined morning routine.

First of all, I start to crash around 10pm and will sometimes take light naps on my bed (not in bed) while something (music or movie) is playing on my computer. By 3am I'm ready to get in bed and enter deep sleep mode.

I always like to wake up around 9am. Once I do, I spring out of bed, make it, take a piss, and make my breakfast which is healthy and lite, followed by a cup of coffee. Every morning is like this and I begin my day reading news and stuff online and settling into what books I want to read for the day.

IMO the trick is to 1) have a desire to be up and awake at a certain time 2) get at least 6hrs sleep 3) don't drink or do drugs late at night as this disrupts sleep and offsets brain chemistry hence the groggy mornings 4) wake up motivated to start your day, don't let any laziness set in.

As a NEET, it's very hard to be disciplined. Make no mistake about it, if all "wageslaves" quit their jobs, they'd rot away worse than any NEET, for sure. When you have endless time, it's surprisingly hard to do anything but succumb to the most hedonic laziness, but if you do maintain a disciplined life it can be very useful to furthering your interests in various things.

BTW I never use an alarm clock or anything - I'm so ingrained in this 9amish wake up time that I just wake up, wide awake, naturally. No grogginess, I have coffee just to enjoy, it doesn't perk me up or anything because I'm already wide awake.
>>
>>17011429

I'm a very disciplined NEET already, the waking up is my only problem, but reading your post is maybe all I needed.
>>
Diphenhydramin HCI, AKA over-the-counter sleep meds.

I take 25mg every night at 7:30, chill in bed playing on my phone until 9:30, and I'm fast asleep by 10. Then I have my alarm clock set up to wake me at 6AM.
>>
>>17010887

the problem is that no matter what we suggest, it requires some discipline. you choose to ignore your alarm that is far away (or getting up and then turning it off before going back to bed). so how will anything else make you more discplined?

you can buy warheads sour candy juice and just drink that as soon as you wake up. the sour shock does a god job. but it sounds like you'll hear the alartm and choose NOT to use the sour candy juice.

the only option you really have is insist a roommate, parent, or sibling forces you out of bed at a certain time.
>>
>>17010887
Louder alarms. MUCH LOUDER. As in, loud enough to give you a strong adrenaline rush to clear the fog for about 15 seconds, loud enough to force you to get out and turn them off because otherwise the neighbors will call the police.

Set multiple sources, spaced apart physically and all loud enough to force you to turn them all off. On each, set multiple alarm times, spaced close enough apart so that you'll still be able to make your obligations even if the last one wakes you up. This is in case you fall back asleep (eg on a chair, on the toilet, on the floor).

t. narcoleptic
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.