[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got myself in the middle of something and I'm not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1460031913166.jpg (28 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1460031913166.jpg
28 KB, 384x384
I got myself in the middle of something and I'm not sure what to do, or what I can do. It's a long story to explain but for more than 2 years I've been with a Schizophrenic girl. I love her very much and she loves me. She used to live in a psych ward and all that but has been better, she takes antipsychotics and antidepressants and although she has her bad moments, or her oddities, she can function in society most of the time. I've gotten a lot of shit for being with her over the years, being told I'm a sick fuck for taking advantage of the mentally ill but brushed it off since I never forced myself on her and she was pretty stable, I thought of myself as the reason she was doing well mentally. But recently things have gone south. She's been having a lot more psychotic episodes, her delusions are stronger, and she could have died in a suicide attempt about 2 months back. I'm now feeling like I failed her, and am having second guesses if I'm helping at this point. I would never cheat but she's the jealous, obsessive kind, and she is constantly worrying about our relationship and her self worth. I'm wondering if our relationship is dragging her down and if she might be more stable if she didn't have to worry about it, so I was thinking of breaking up...then I quickly realized that would make things simply worse. I'm not sure what to do, what I can do, or if I actually am taking advantage of a mentally ill girl for love. What do I do in these hard times for her?
>>
>>17010684
leave immediately.

not worth it, she will always be that way. I have family like this and I can't get away. You have choice so fucking run
>>
>>17010690
I fear if I leave she'll kill herself, or at least be emotionally crushed. Also I do love her I'm just wondering what will be best for HER in the long run. I've been thinking if I broke up with her, that maybe after a while she might get over it and the stress of not being in a relationship may be good for her, but maybe her being alone will hurt even more. I don't know, I'm so confused on what to do and don't want to hurt anyone
>>
>>17010704
People in her state have manic depression.
This is basically one of many emotions in a mood swing. They will say and do things they don't mean.
Even if she did kill herself it wouldn't be your fault, her conditions would've made that outcome more than likely for her.
Think of yourself man. If you give years or even your life to this woman you will end up resenting her in the long run for the times she tear away at your emotional spirit.
A person like this will not just say harsh things, but will also do harsh things. She's not even beyond committing crimes or cheating on you.
Look out for numero uno my friend
>>
>>17010711
I don't think she'd cheat considering she's always deathly afraid of me being the one to cheat. I don't resent her, I guess I was stupid and came into the relationship thinking I could fix her and I know now I can't, and I feel almost like I made things worse by dating her. It doesn't help that I have a messiah complex
>>
>>17010729
No. She can and will cheat.
Story time:

>be me
>close family member bipolar asf (married)
>complains about husband talking to old friends online for fear of cheating
>constantly badges him about cheating
>cheats with family friends to "get back" at him
>mood swings constant
>still says he's a cheat after cheating

No crazy person is beyond doing crazy things anon
>>
>>17010733
Not OP but seriously you can't say that all crazy people will cheat because of a bad experience. It depends entirely on the girl, she may very well be a sweet person, just troubled mentally.
>>
>>17010743
life advice for you my friend
"if a woman can cheat, she will cheat"
>>
Sound you are trying to get out of that sinking boat and you are only seeking approval here for dumping her.
>>
>>17010745
Who hurt you anon
>>
>>17012023
you really want to know?
>>
>>17010684
>being told I'm a sick fuck for taking advantage of the mentally ill
That's fucked-up man, it's awful to hear the kind of ways in which """"normal"""" people think others should interact with sick people. For example, I remember getting shit about being friends with autistic kids back in childhood, i always wanted to straight-up bitch-slap people who said shit like "leave X alone, he has autism" or "Y is autistic, you need to talk to him slower, with smaller words". If it was up to these people, those will mental problems would be totally isolated from society and treated as worthless freaks.

>if I actually am taking advantage of a mentally ill girl for love.
Hell no. Most people see girls like her as emotional lepers (for valid reasons), you're a good guy for being this understanding, patient, and helpful.

You're not making her worse, don't worry about that. As to whether she'll be worse alone: who else cares about her? Parents? Siblings? Basically, does she have anyone else to help her if you're no longer around?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.