[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to write an article on ADHD, what's the best place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 749x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 749x691
So id like to write an article on ADHD and how much getting diagnosed and medicated helped me.

Long story short I've always been a "weird" kid and as I got older this spiraled into depression and then anxiety.

In the beginning of college I was having trouble with anxiety which was making me more depressed, and I was put on an Anti-Anxiety med that didn't work too well. Remembering that I had been diagnosed with ADHD about 4 years prior I asked my psychiatrist for medication for that.

The first time I ever took Ritalin there was such a huge clarity in my mind. For once in my 19 years of living my mind was dead quiet. When I wanted to do anything I just got up and did it. This helped my depression a lot, because it was rooted in feeling like I wasn't living up to my potential.

I stopped being so anxious as well. For the first time in my life I could fully concentrate on a conversation, and I was conversating with my body language, tonality AND words. Since there was nothing or very little going on in my mind I was truly LISTENING. It was incredible.

I wish I had known more about ADHD from the get go.

I'd like to help others by writing an article explaining what ADHD is and how it can often disguise itself as anxiety and depression. I want to clear up the memes about how ADHD is something that everyone "kind of" has, or that you need to outwardly be super hyper all the time to qualify as having ADHD.

What are the best sites that accept submissions and are catered towards about ages maybe 13-25 (mainly)?
>>
>>17009906
Would like to hear more about this OP, since I feel like I'm the same as you and suspect I most likely have ADHD.
>>
>>17009964
Well what would you like to hear?
>>
I experienced this too

I just turned 18, got on 20mg Adderall IR a month ago, it was amazing. I remembered what I felt like when I was a kid. The euphoria fades but the ability to focus is almost as good. Probably gonna get onto XR or vyvanse or something cause 4 hours isn't a full day by any means and the crash sucks, but I know exactly how you feel. If you just got on it, here's a few tips I've found:

Tolerance grows FAST. Take even a few days off every now and then. It will help.

Magnesium also helps tolerance, apparently so does DXM.

If your tolerance is awful, look into microdosing. 1.5, 3, and then 6 MG over a 3 day period keeps your tolerance the same as day 2 for almost a year, or so I've heard. It is risky though.

Tums or baking soda an hour before, and when taking your Ritalin helps absorption a LOT. Also, avoid acidic foods. Amphetamine and derivatives are at their most availible in a very basic environment.

Set timers. I normally play video games until I come up, and if I don't set a timer I'll play video games for 8 hours straight. On the plus my K/D is around 5.50 now, and I frequently go 80 and <10, but I'd rather be productive.

Write a list of everything you have to do, estimate time for each thing, and then set alarms so you move on. Between each thing, take 5 minutes to eat some cheese or a cracker, drink some water, and stretch your legs.

Listen to music if you're doing homework, but be careful about getting too into it.

Tl;dr: amphetamine is magical for regular people and both magical and very useful for us ADDers, but you need to do a lot to keep it useful.
>>
>>17009906
Get it peer-reviewed and sent to the American Psychology Association if you're doing professional research.

If not, Psychology Today should be fine.
>>
>>17010407
No this is nothing professional. I'm a 20 yr old college student and want to write to other college students/high schoolers.
>>
Last bump
>>
I know that feel, I'm still researching meds since my docs are incompetent af. I'm thinking about a Memantine+Selegiline combo currently. Also don't microdose at 1mg adderall, it has potential to fucked your brain up
>>
>>17012725
How can micro dosing fuck you up?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.