[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl in bus came up to me and asked for my number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1458775222949.jpg (17 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
1458775222949.jpg
17 KB, 605x146
Hi /adv/, this is a first and I don't know how to feel about it, I can't even think straight.
Some hours ago I was minding my business riding the bus home after sports class. There was this nice-looking (pretty average, actually, not a goddess, but okay) girl across the bus (as in we were both on the back portion of the bus, I was on e.g. the right side and she on the left side), who I gazed over to slightly, but not too much, the usual.
...then the bus more or less empties in the back part. The grill literally goes over to the seat in front of mine, asks me for my number, also if I'm at least 18, if I lived nearby and if I live alone/with my parents. I gave her my number (she tested it so I got hers), though I don't have WhatsApp, but that shouldn't be an issue, I'm 20 and I also live with my parents, her stop was shortly after.
...what do I do? This never happened to me, the last time I had a "GF" if you can call it that at that age was at 9, I'm also no fap and unexperienced and generally wasn't expecting it at all. FUCK! How should I proceed? Could this weirdly be a scam? How should I get back to her? We didn't even fucking exchange names... help me, /adv/. I'm down to ground enough to do things right even if my mind is a mess right now, but your help'd be appreciated.

tl;dr
Grill in bus, complete stranger, literally went over to me and grabbed my number. I'm also hopelessly unexperienced. What do?
>>
Haha we're hopeless OP. I think it's a scam; she knew she could freak out the random lose on the bus by just asking for your number. You'll never see her again, probably.
>>
Calm down, senpai. Experienced male 32 here.

First off, there aren't really any rules to this, but there Are some things that work better than others, and some things that in most cases leads nowhere.

Second, and important: What do you want to do and why? Ask her out? Date her? Fuck her and then leave? Why? For other reasons than getting your v-card out of the way? If another girl, better looking asked you for your number one hour prior to your bus ride, would you give bus girl your number still?
>>
>>17004116
Honestly tomorrow or so I just want to call her in the first place, maybe meet up with her and chit chat. Honestly I don't mind just fucking around, but I kinda am curious to know why she came to me. I do, however, not think that I'd have given bus girl my number if what you'd said happened. I'd say I already had plans with someone else. Though if we talked a bit more and she really seemed to want it, I'd probably give it to her anyway, telling her maybe we can do something later (still saying I had plans for the time being).

I will say probably one reason for this inner sperging is this happening as final exams are coming up for high school, also got this big presentation tomorrow. Maybe I'd not sperg that much otherwise.
>>
>>17004184
Don't send her anything until you're done with your presentation. And don't obsess. If you happen to think about her/the incident, just smile over the realisation that you're not in a hurry just yet.

When you're not to busy, figure out whether you still want to talk to her and maybe meet up, send her a text and say hey, this is [insert name] from the bus the other day. How's your week/weekend been? Or something non-pervasive like that. If she answers, ask if she's free on a day of your choosing, and if she is, have some fun and pleasant activity planned out and ask her to come. Make it clear that you're curious to to get to know her, but don't become needy.

If things escalate from there, let her know that you'll be busy with your exams and can't spend all your time with her, but that you like her.

Forget everything you've been taught about sperging out, you're just brainwashing yourself into thinking it's real characteristics, when in fact it's just symptoms on nervousness. Let go of nervousness, it can be cute to a certain extent, but don't let it fool you into thinking you'll be saving the day by talking too much. She's most likely going to be nervous on her first dates too, let her to the talking. Just get to know her, it's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17004101
this what you do
>pick up phone
>text her
>start with hello
>go from there and find out her name etc

she really likes you: girls normally dont give out their number to every guy that takes their eye.
>>
>>17004101
post pic of yourself, if you're attractive I'd just assume that she was trying to be STRONG CONFIDENT WOMYN and break gender roles to approach you. If you're a troll you're getting trolled.
>>
>>17004101
>though I don't have WhatsApp
haha you reminded me i have to go update that dogshit so it works, i only even have it because of 2 overly extroverted girls like the one you just met who insisted on giving me their numbers in case i ever needed/wanted to talk
i still don't get why they use it though, everyone has unlimited text plans nowadays, even people like me who send 5 texts a month (to our landlords)

>>17004184
>maybe meet up with her and chit chat
anon, just taking a wild guess here, but i don't think she wants to "chit chat"
>Honestly I don't mind just fucking around, but I kinda am curious to know why she came to me
you caught her fancy, she liked something about your face, she has daddy issues and you remind her of her father, who knows
don't try to guess, you'll just drive yourself nuts
>>
>>17004101
>Grill in bus, complete stranger, literally went over to me and grabbed my number. I'm also hopelessly unexperienced. What do?
*She* grabbed *your* number, retard. Now you wait. If you never hear from her again, that's life. If you do, control your clammy hands and MAINTAIN SPAGHETTI CONTAINMENT INTEGRITY.
>>
File: 1459997228762-801027752.jpg (3 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
1459997228762-801027752.jpg
3 MB, 2336x4160
>>17005142
While I've never tried to actively seek out girls pretty much the last 5 years or shortly before that, and even when I did it was half-assed, I certainly wouldn't mind. If she's not calling me again, why would I let this slip? I might at least call her (even if I wait out tomorrow) just to see if there's something to be gained in this.
>>17005113
>anon, just taking a wild guess here, but i don't think she wants to "chit chat"
I figure that much too. I do want to know what's on her mind though/what her intentions are/what she's up for. If she expects to properly know me, fine, if she just wants casual sex, fine as well. I don't intend to just ask like that, I'm thinking more along the lines of
>hey
>hello this is guy from the bus the other day
(If conversation takes a significantly different course at this point I'll just go along, otherwise)
(Also maybe what are you up to, etc.)
>sorry if I seemed to be so silent the other day. To tell you the truth, this is the first time something like this (something like this is a lot shorter in German) happens to me. You're pretty and I like the way you look (feel free to nitpick on this part, I know it seems poorly executed), but I would like to know why you wanted my number. Do you want to know me, or is it something else?
...and whatever comes afterwards.
>>17004873
I'll post it with glasses since I had glasses on.
>>
>>17006038
(Also I didn't bother to look too well since I was coming home from sports class after all, so I wanted this to remain authentic)
>>
>>17006038
No apology. No explanation. You don't owe her anything, and it makes you seem apologetic and needy.
And perhaps that facial hair isn't working out for you, but then again she asked for you number, so idk.

Anyway, you don't have to wait for her to text you. It might take forever, and the reasons can be anything from she felt you didn't like her, or she got distracted by thinking she was pregnant, to her uncle just died - don't assume it's because it's a scam or that she doesn't like you.
Consider asking for your number her first move, and your first move should be to text first. Simple as that.

And before I forget, just get to know her, but don't ask her about what her intentions are like it's a job interview - just discover how she's like by spending time with her. Just suggest doing something fun and pleasant and see where it goes, like I said in my first post.
>>
>>17007059
About the facial hair I'm honestly just testing it out too see how far it goes, since recently I had holidays and with final exams coming up, I won't be outside much.
On the my first move part, yeah, seems like I'll get in contact with her tomorrow. Otherwise solid advice, anon, thank you.
>>
>>17008214
No problem mate, go get'em.

I remember the long wait. Couldn't grow a proper beard until I was 22, and it wasn't nearly as full as the one I got going now. You'll get there as well. Possibly.

Most important though: Never downtalk yourself. Be a good man, not a nice guy. Don't ever become needy or outcome-dependant. Never say yes to something you don't want. Be pleasant, be fun - and if confidence is an issue, fake it til you make it. Good luck on your new adventures.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.