[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to change my whole personality save for a few bits. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 918x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 918x770
I want to change my whole personality save for a few bits. Is it possible to become an entirely differently person than what comes "naturally"?
>>
>>17003651
> possible tumblrina
Besides that, why do you want to change yourself?
>>
yes, it is. but the funny thing is, that you won't change completely. there will be the "core you", that's going to stay with you. but that's a very good thing. i changed A LOT. from my perspective, for the better. i have been actively trying to change. there are still a lot of things i am working on, but so far the changes have had loads of positive "side effects".
>>
>>17003653
It's just an image posted by tommy Chong on Facebook, it just seemed weird to me. How do you change and just not tell anyone?

I want to change my tendency to default to people-pleaser mode. I always feel like it's my responsibility to make other people happy, or to help them out (picking up shifts even if I don't want to, talking to them at a party if everyone else is ignoring them, basically just going out of my way to make everyone else's life easier.

I also want to stop being anxious about everything. When I'm alone in bed or the shower or just anywhere calm, I realize nothing is really that important and can't be replaced (exception being life or death situations). But when I'm in the situation, my adrenaline pumps, I get anxious, weak in the knees, overwhelmed, over-apologetic, etc.
>>
desiring to change your personality into something better ITSELF is reflective of your personality. So, yes - becoming what you want to become is utterly possible and people do it all the time.
>>
>>17003679
I feel identified with this, I'm also going trough the same process, also getting more confidence too, I think so far is possible to change.
>>
It's possible.

You have to know when this said traits of yours arises and try to fight or suppress it. People will see you differently and most of the sometimes shocked with the sudden change.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.