[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was fired from a job recently. No big deal, I hated it there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 50goin out 25 aint comin back.png (867 KB, 996x526) Image search: [Google]
50goin out 25 aint comin back.png
867 KB, 996x526
I was fired from a job recently. No big deal, I hated it there anyway. Unfortunately now I have to apply for new jobs.

I feel like saying I got fired from a last job will basically guarantee I won't get the next one. I was only there a few months and it was my first real job after graduating. Should I just say I've taken that time off and pretend it never happened? Or should I use the experience and be honest that I was fired, or hope they don't ask why I left?
>>
>>17002139
Find a business that has recently shut down and list that you were a manager there.

I did that when the RadioShack in my town closed down and got a $16/hr assistant manager job with zero experience.
>>
>>17002139

It's really a sticky situation here... what kind of job was it? Why DID you get fired? Did you learn anything?

Honestly, as someone who has hired nearly 100 people in a lot of different kinds of jobs, I don't care if you were unemployed or got fired, as long as you understand why and learned from the latter.

Learning is important, though. If you just say "naw fuck it dawg that place was lame," I'll never consider you. If the gap of unemployment to being hired wasn't all that long, I think it's also reasonable to say you have been looking for a job since you graduated.

Good luck!
>>
>>17002152
It's a pretty niche field, it might be hard to fake.

>>17002163
It's science related, requires education, laboratory work. It was partially my fault, but it was a bad company, the management was terrible and constantly tried to blame things on me, and were looking for a reason long before to let me go. I made one mistake and they used that to get rid of me. But I've been told not to say things like that in an interview because it's bad to blame the employer, even though it was at least partially their fault. I've had a couple interviews already and I give the whole monologue about how I've learned from it, etc. But I still feel like at the end result is they stop considering me.
That's why I think it might be better to just say I didn't work there at all. I feel a gap looks better than a termination, that I'll then have to explain.
>>
>>17002221

If lying is your thing, you can always play the "I just felt that I needed to transition into another job/company" or they were having cutbacks
>>
Don't mention it. I've gotten fired for bad shit and it hasn't caught up to me.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.