[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/. Posted this a week ago with not many suggestions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: of9il3.jpg (20 KB, 360x540) Image search: [Google]
of9il3.jpg
20 KB, 360x540
Hello /adv/. Posted this a week ago with not many suggestions. Figure I'd try again.

I'm about to graduate with a BS in Biochemistry. Not really sure what I want to do after college. I've got some work experience, managing fairly large budgets($20k/wk), supervising employees but not much actual science lab experience. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to find work with my bachelors. Gonna graduate with a 3.7 major and 3.3 cumulative.

I'm pretty interested in intensive care medicine and have a hard on for adrenaline and thinking about getting a paramedic certification. I think that would be a pretty fun job and since my GPA isn't great I could use it as a segue for medical school if I choose that route. I know paramedics don't make a ton of money but I don't really need much to live on anyway. My hobbies aren't expensive and I don't drink/smoke/eat out. I also don't have any student loans nor will I need to pay for housing(I own my own home outright).

I'm also considering enlisting in the Army, pulling a Ranger contract as a medic since I'm fairly fit and it would fit my interests. Any other ideas?
>>
>biochem
Unless you want to max out at like $55K as an industry lab tech, you're not going much of anywhere with a BS alone.

Have you considered just continuing on to the MS and picking up some more career experience along the way?
>>
>>17001436

Your GPA is fine, you could get some lab job if your school isn't shit.

With that said "do what you want" considering your ass is covered, though keep in mind that if you don't have a shitload of money sitting around, you will want more one day.

As far as being a ranger - if you can meet standards, yea, that's an option. So is USAF Pararescue or Green Beret medical sergeant.

You really won't get any more help here. You need to find out more about each specific thing.

If you get an MBA now, your supervisory experience won't go to shit. Or you can consider med school.
>>
>>17001454
>Have you considered just continuing on to the MS and picking up some more career experience along the way?
Pretty tired of sitting in class all day, I need a little more excitement. I'm not tired of learning, I'm just tired of how I'm doing it, if that makes sense. I can deal with classroom stuff but I guess I need to balance it with some more hands on stuff.
>>17001466
>As far as being a ranger - if you can meet standards, yea, that's an option. So is USAF Pararescue or Green Beret medical sergeant.
Currently scoring around a 250 on the APFT but that's getting better every month. Pararescue is definitely another interest, but the pipeline is probably the most difficult out of all SOF pipelines and failure bumps you back to some pogue ass job for 4 years which would be shitty. It's why I'm looking more at going out for Ranger. Plus being medical support to one of the greatest light infantry groups in the world would be fuckin rad.
>>17001466
>If you get an MBA now, your supervisory experience won't go to shit. Or you can consider med school.
My uni is a top 20 business school, getting an MBA requires getting into that college and another couple years of school. I'm not really looking to rack up more degrees at this point. And an MBA wouldn't be my first choice.
>>
>>17001454
Really, biochem guys max out at 55?
>>
>>17001454
What could one do with an MS you couldn't do with just a BSc?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.