[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I need some advice. Long story short I'm getting evicted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: machine4pplbadwithtech.webm (465 KB, 526x296) Image search: [Google]
machine4pplbadwithtech.webm
465 KB, 526x296
Hey I need some advice.

Long story short I'm getting evicted from my apartment. It's for bullshit that really isn't worth going into but it's not for nonpayment of rent. I can go into more detail if need be.

They served us the notice 2 weeks ago tomorrow. It said we have 14 days to leave. That would give us through tomorrow night. We were only able to secure a new place to live just yesterday and we're actually going over there in a couple hours to sign the paperwork.

We've got a lot of shit and I don't wanna leave the place a mess so they can have an excuse to charge me for extra bullshit. Are the police gonna come throw us out tomorrow? Or does that deadline tomorrow just start some other kind of countdown?

We can pull off the move by tomorrow night but if it's not dire then I'd rather have an extra day or two to do it right.

I realize state laws can be different so I'm in Alabama. I Googled it but the answers were vague and tended to be more informative for the landlord than the tenant. The notice we received from management was also very vague.
>>
>>16999746

>its not worth getting into but instead of getting into it im going to spent two whole sentences saying its not worth talking about instead of talking about it cuz that somehow saves more time than just talking about it.

as for eviction laws, it depends on where you live, but most places have a sort of squatters rights. im not sure on the true details, but essentially they shouldnt be able to throw you out. if they see you are in fact moving out they wont have much of a problem etiher. they will come and be stern but thatd be the extent of it.

my advice? stop bullshitting about 'do it right'. doing it in the 24 hour period is not doing it wrong, its just more exhausting. get all your stuff and get gone.
>>
They're probably gonna come and put your shit on the sidewalk. Doesn't hurt to ask about an extension especially since you found a place.
>>
>>16999746
Since you won't say what it was that means you're ashamed.
>>
>>16999746
>We've got a lot of shit and I don't wanna leave the place a mess so they can have an excuse to charge me for extra bullshit.
Speaking as the owner of a few rental properties, we don't want you to do that either. I don't want to spend two days of my life cleaning up someone else's mess, and I'm not keen on paying someone else hundreds of pounds to do it either.

Your landlord's biggest worry at the moment is that you'll just point blank refuse to move out. I've no idea on US laws, but in the UK evicting someone who just decides to stay put is insanley difficult - the time from when you issue them with notice of intent to when you're allowed to forcibly remove them without getting sued for it takes between 18-24 months.

In all honesty you should probably try working with the guy first rather than jumping straight in to working against him, "more flies with honey" and all that. Just call him and explain the situation, see what he says. As long as you tell him beforehand he probably won't mind.
>>
>>16999909

this is a thing. thy've been trying to evict a friend of mine for like a year. he has a tiny studio apartment and lives with two security guards. its a disaster of a place ot live but no rent for a year is an amazing treat. they cant kick him out (legally) and they cant chage him rent cuz the builkding isnt up to code
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.