[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Hard is it for a Pregnant Woman to Stop Smoking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Newport_cigarettes.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Newport_cigarettes.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
My friend got his current girlfriend of 3 months pregnant. Both are extremely irresponsible and cannot afford themselves. Both are in a bad situation. Both are ex heroin addicts. She's been on Suboxone for like 6 years, and not prescribed to it anymore, but still takes it. Both are smokers, sometimes vape, but still smoke a lot. They should get an abortion, but don't want to, but if she keeps smoking, problems will ensue.
>>
Look they're addicts. It's really impossible to quit smoking if you're in a certain mindset. And it's not that easy to 'force' a mindset. It's almost not even her fault. When she wants a cig it likely feels like she's dying of thirst; that is a hard feeling to overcome. There comes a point in addiction where its really not a CHOICE you just have to do it. Whereas for someone else who's a smoker, they have a different mindset and awareness, different abilities mentally, they could put it down and never look back.

Whether people change or not depends on their mindset, awareness, if they're mentally ill, and if they want to change. You can't do that for them.
>>
You make this thread so fucking often. Just stop. There's nothing you can do for him and you need to get your fucking nose out of their stinky business. People fuck up their lives all the time. Sorry your friend is retarded but that's the way he is and you can't fucking steer someone else's life.
>>
>>16999642
Relax. I'm not trying to fight. Thank you for the advice, but you didn't have to respond. I know there isn't a way to save him, but I don't want him farther down the shitter. You know? Do you have a good friend you really care about? And worry about?
>>
The suboxone is the bigger issue here. Baby will be born with an opioid dependence.
>>
>>16999655
My friends can handle themselves and if they do something stupid I ditch them because I have my own life to progress. One of my friends of over 10 years tried to rape another friend of mines girl last year, I haven't talked to him since. Another became a hookers and got hooked on blow, I stopped talking to her. I care about my friends but you have to understand there is a threshold they pass from which you cannot influence them for the better. Heron, pregnant smoking and other addiction problems? If you really want to help him tie them both up and throw them in rehab. There is nothing else you can do.
>>
Addicts are scum they're going to fuck up that child one way or another
>>
>>16999662
You're right. And I'm really sorry to hear about those people who once we're in your life. But I just hate seeing him continually going down this path. But you're right. There's really nothing I can do at this point.
>>
>>16999659
This.
The cigarettes are the least of your worries. My ex sister in law smoked cigarettes throughout her entire pregnancy. I'm pretty sure the opioids are going to screw that baby more than the nicotine. The only effects on the baby are smaller birthweight, higher chance of sids, premature birth, and higher chance of still birth. Which sounds scary but the scarier thing is having a baby born already addicted to drugs.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.