[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How crippling is depression or anxiety? I work at an office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20160403_144845.jpg (397 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160403_144845.jpg
397 KB, 1280x960
How crippling is depression or anxiety?

I work at an office with my cousin and apparently he recently stopped his anti depressants. I don't work Fridays and he asked for Friday off because depression related things so I'll have to cover. Is depression just a meme? He seems perfectly fine now and I think he just wants to play fallout.

Is there anything else I can do? I'll invite him out with my friends sometimes but he mostly refuses and the times he does come out he'll bail after the first bar.
Also we're both 24
>>
Just keep the invitation open. I have a friend who does similar things. Usually doesn't want to do anything. You can't really force him too either.

Depression and anxiety can be really crippling depend on the person or severity. I know it can seem like bullshit sometimes but it's more likely that he's having a rough time.
>>
>>16999425
>>16999443
Yeah never close the invitation.
Depression does some not so great things to peoples mentalities.

Like the other anon said OP, he's probably not having the best time.
>>
>>16999425

It's so frustrating when people don't understand depression and think "you were fine yesterday." I'm one of the most outwardly social and extroverted people you'll meet on the surface, but I have bouts of crippling anxiety and depression that I just can't get control over. It feels like the weight of the world is crushing me and I just want abandon everything that isn't the small space that is my room.

I have mostly had to tough through it, and some years are better than others, but try to give him a break and learn up on it.

I'm impressed he called out on depression and anxiety though, I'd never dream of doing that. Which probably doesn't help anxiety, hah.
>>
>>16999457
>I'm impressed he called out on depression and anxiety though,
Well he didn't tell me, my aunt did
I knew he was on meds but he told me they were for adult ADD
>>
>>16999459

Yeah because unfortunately it's more stigmatizing to say you're depressed in society than it is to have a child's attention disorder.

Like I said, give him a break.
>>
>>16999425
Depression is NOT just a matter of "being down". It can be a totally crippling inability to function, to get yourself out of bed in the morning.

Unless you ever find solid evidence that your cousin is faking, accept absolutely everything he says about how bad it is as truth.

But most depression can be treated or at least lessened with meds, and encourage him to get back on and stay on his.
>>
>>16999572
It seems like such a cop out to me. I had brain surgery last summer and I hardly ever used it as an excuse even when I genuinely should have been off work
>>
>>16999425
Social Darwinism
>>
>Personally suffers from severe social anxiety
>Hides anxiety attacks very well, bc no interaction when internally exploding plz
>Which is why people(read family and friends) think I'm a lazy NEET
>Fuck you anxiety you damn bitch
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.