[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you have a significant other who is difficult to contact/anti-social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Wat.jpg (78 KB, 631x488) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
78 KB, 631x488
Do any of you have a significant other who is difficult to contact/anti-social at times?

My partner often disappears off the radar for a few days. Nothing sinister, he just finishes work or school, gets home, sits down and shuts off. He makes an effort to get in touch with me through the day but it's not abnormal to not hear from him for a few days. When this happens, I usually like to leave him to it and wait for him to get in touch.

Although I appreciate it's just what he's like as a person, sometimes I can't help but take it personally. He's usually on my mind throughout the day, so I find it quite difficult to accept the fact that he doesn't think to send me a quick message to say hi and ask how I am sometimes.

I find it so odd that really I'm just looking for people who can relate to his behaviour themselves, or maybe people who have partners who do something similar? It would be nice to know that it's not indifference, just habit. Sometimes it easy to forget that not everybody has the same thought process as yourself.
>>
>>16999355

iots not indifference.

Look traditionally guys went out of their cave hunting when they had no contact with their families for days or weeks. Prolonged non stop contact with people is tiring. We need a break.
>>
>>16999355
>a few days

Was this a typo, or you for real?
>>
>>16999360

Thanks for your response. This definitely makes sense and is why I leave him to it. I assume he's just sitting at home watching tv or recovering from his day. I like to think he doesn't get in touch because he knows we're fine and I don't need him to be there all the time. We also see each other fairly often, so it's not like we have anything really important to talk about. However, it would be really nice to hear from him, just to show I'm on his mind.

I'm trying my best not to let it get to me because I've known his habits from the very beginning.
>>
>>16999366

No typo, it's just what happens. Perhaps "off the radar" suggests something a bit more severe. I really just mean phone goes off, no emails, no texts, no contact, that kind of thing.
>>
>>16999355

If his name is Walter, he might be cooking meth during his disappearances.

You should contact the police immediatly
>>
>>16999377
That's strange. Constant contact is annoying of course. But at least a simple hello every day is understandable.
>>
>>16999399

It isn't very often, usually happens every few weeks. If it was more often, I'd probably be more concerned. I know he's very busy at work at the moment as well, so every day life events tend to coincide with the times he doesn't get in touch.

As I said, I'm really just looking to hear from other people who might be similar.
>>
>>16999355
My gf does that all the time. I hate it, but since this is her, I guess I have to accept it.

So should you.
>>
I am that significant other. It's not that she's not on my mind. At some point years ago I personally came to the realization that I don't need a constant stream of evidence to believe in something. I know that my girlfriend loves me. She's said it and shown it innumerable times. If a day or two goes by without hearing it from her--or without even hearing from her at all--I don't suddenly begin to question if that's changed. I'm perfectly comfortable believing that she feels the same way she did two days ago.

That's not to say that I expect or demand everyone to be the same way. Lots of people need that constant stream and I respect that. But sometimes when I'm busy or tired or whatever else, I'm a little short on mental energy to be perfectly empathetic. Sometimes the means for accommodation simply aren't there and it slips by. I'm immensely lucky to be with someone who understands this and has made compromises in turn. She knows that I try my hardest to recognize her needs and that if I fall off the map for too long it's a genuine mistake. Her concession is to have faith in my feelings and to forgive my lapses. As I described from the start, that's also something I'm comfortable taking on faith. She trusts that I care, I trust that she accepts me for my occasional faults.
>>
>>16999410
If he's not fond of his job, chances are isolation every once in awhile is exactly what he needs.
>>
>>16999419
You sure sound like my bf
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.