[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way for me to become more in tune with peers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
My Interests are confined to games and TV shows only, and since these are the only two topics I really know about I come off as unintelligible since I cant chime in on many common topics like music, sports ect.

Im 20, whats the common dialog of 20 yo's?

Also Since i have been anti socal for the past year, I think I have lost some of my wit. are there any methods I can follow to become more articulate?
>>
>>16998620
No, you permanently run on a different track to your peers. Shouldn't have spent 15+ years on vidya.
>>
Uh...reddit frontpage stuff I guess. And talking to actual people
>>
>>16998620
Talking to people is the most important. Those at the highest echelons of social ability don't relate to each other about the game or anything. They just talk, and it doesn't have to be about anything.

>>16998639
This guy's dead wrong, tons of people these days relate over vidya and TV. It's good to have other interests though so just find someone who likes that shit and then find some other interest to get into from them (or on your own) and go from there. The more you interact the less you'll have to rely on specific interests.
>>
>>16998639
You have to be dumb af to actually believe this.

>>16998620
Stop talking like a fucking weirdo, 90% of socializing is not what you say, but how you act or mannerisms. Being more confident and generally not giving a shit automatically gives anyone a huge step up from whatever ability they have so far in socializing.

Some really basic things:

-Don't slouch
-Be alert
-Actually stare at peoples eyes when you talk to them to read social cues (people with autism have trouble staying focused on the eyes and end up missing a lot of social cues without realizing it and also don't connect with people because of this)
-Be charismatic
-Smile more, generally be positive
-Look like you actually like yourself and take care of yourself
-Don't be overly nice and apologetic
-Be playful, don't be so stuck up
-Don't cuss every 2 seconds, you'll sound like a fucking idiot.

Obviously socializing is a skill, so practice.

"Common dialog" comes from practice and throwing yourself out there in social environments, stop being afraid and just talk to people, learn to appreciate other people.
>>
>>16998620
Devote an hour or less each day to this:

Buy a good big-city newspaper. Read it from cover to cover, even the sections (food, arts, sports, whatever) you're not interested in.

Keep that up for a few weeks and you'll be up to date on all new, culture, pop culture, politics, etc.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.