[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'd just like someone to talk to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
i'd just like someone to talk to

all my life i've been in special ed

hanging out with toxic groups

recently fell into infatuation with a girl who will never like me

bad grades

no idea what to do for college

i'm a senior in highschool

and i want to become the greatest there ever was

but fuck
>>
>>16997896
>I'd just like someone to talk to
You have Omegle, school or jobs. Find an opportunity to say "hi, I'm anon" to someone personally and try to have a conversation with them.

>all my life i've been in special ed
Sorry, don't know what that is like. Would you elaborate?

>hanging out with toxic groups
Just avoid them. Say you're not interested in hanging out further or distance yourself gradually. I thought you didn't have anyone to talk to, though. What happened?

>recently fell into infatuation with a girl who will never like me
That's being pessimistic, but it happens to all of us at some point. I'm unattractive, and certainly not very interesting to the average girl, but I'm willing to pursue a relationship with my crush anyways. Is it confidence? I dunno, but I'll at LEAST give a "Wanna hang out this weekend?" a try.

>bad grades
You can fix this. Study, not exhaustively, just with more quality: if you can't understand textbooks, get someone to help you. It's a nice pretext for a conversation, from the first thing you mentioned, don't you think?

>no idea what to do for college
>I'm a senior in highschool
>and i want to become the greatest there ever was
Ask around what people are doing for college and why. Humans are great at "borrowing points of view". You could at least get some ideas, and if not, don't worry, postpone college until you decided it's something you want to go through.

As for being the greatest there ever was: ditch that. It's not realistic, and if you worry about it too much, you'll get pretty frustrated in life. Strive to be happy. Perhaps what you want is attention and not to be the greatest at something.
>>
Dude, kinda in the same boat, im not in special needs, but quit worrying about the grades thing and future for now. Just try to steadily improve the grades, and then just talk to more people in school. And dude, sometimes theres lonely times in life. Just gotta keep ya head up and enjoy yourself sometimes
>>
>>16997936
>would you elaborate on special ed

Well apparently adhd specifies for special needs classes. Imagine being put into a special needs class for no reason. Adhd isnt an excuse, I know alot of my friends have adhd. Also, there is about 5 people attending it, out of 300 or so seniors.

>just avoid them

Well then I'd have no more friends :(
Idk, they're not really toxic. Just mean I guess. No girls really hang around us lol. They tend to play video games alot and it's my fault for not being the one who is true to myself and stop playing video games for a girl.

>crush
Yeah I've asked her if she'd like to do something sometime, being after our first conversation. She said she has a bf, and I basically told her ah bummer alright, so I'm pretty proud of that I guess. She has a bf and I can't do anything about it.

Thanks anon. I think I need to quit being a bitch. Anything I should do before highschool ends? It seems like my mental direction and mindset has changed completely from 11th grade, and fast. So I'm a bit scared of feeling regret in the future
>>
>>16998006
Try to use highschool to find friends. Real friends. You always have the Internet to vent to when you're frustrated, but a friend you can also hang out with from time to time is something I regret not getting in highschool or in college so far.

Nice going with your crush. I haven't asked mine out on a date yet, but will do so Wednesday.
>>
>>16997896
Friend, pick a hobby. Learn the fuck out of that hobby. Associate with circles in that hobby. The more you work at these things, the better they get.

Be careful with the toxic groups friend. I've had my life knocked down to rock bottom multiple times because of groups I hung out with to feel part of something . In the end it's worth making friends you can associate with, not that you force yourself to associate with.

Also you are a senior friend, you've got so much time to deal with all this. Enjoy yourself how you want, live your life a little man. My biggest regret is that I didn't take time to enjoy myself more in high school. I only graduated a few years back, but it's always worth building those memories while you can.

Best of luck anon.
>>
>>16997896
School counselor
Teacher you like
Parents
Clergyman
Therapist
>>
I agree with last post. Seek out those people!!!

Also, if you get into a university, take a general year to find out what you like. What you're good at. It's a totally different work from highschool.

But talking to those people: trusted teacher, family, counselor, someone who knows you but is not invested in you. They can best guide you. They can see where you shine the best. Your mother/father, they will have their own agendas. Not a bad thing. But find someone who doesn't have their own agenda around you.

Best of luck. It gets better.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.