[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I want to ask out/date a girl I've known for almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458329023690.jpg (142 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458329023690.jpg
142 KB, 683x1024
I think I want to ask out/date a girl I've known for almost 10 years who is kind of a friend, more of an acquaintance, but has been around a lot more in my life lately.

What's the best way to go about this? Asking her on a "date" seems a little hamfisted, but so does trying to make out with her when we're hanging out or something.

Bonus: What does one do on a date with someone they already know well? I'm great at first dates but I've never dated anyone who didn't start out as close to a stranger.

Pic not related.
>>
>>16997403

generally speaking the best approach is to slowly push romance on to her so that she has a chance to develop those feelings if she hasnt already. its not instant, which gives her a chance to see if she might feel that way.

>but howwww

good question. it tends to be specific to your current relationship. you got to start pushing a little further. do you hug? go for one. then go for a kiss on the cheek. when you go to the movies maybe dont buy her ticket, but get her candy. put your arm around her, but dont make a move beyond that. start slowly planting the idea in her head.

then when you think she is starting to catch feelings, thats when you ask her on a legitimate date.

>hey anonnette you free this weekend?
>yeah what'd you have in the mind
>dinner, sunset, at the beach, ill pick you up?

dinner sunset and beach are kinda the trifecta of romance. if she goes along with it at that time, she probably likes you, especially if you mention the restaurant and it sounds expensive (not for whore reasons, but it shows you like her as more than a friend if ur willing to do something like that).

then take her on a ferris wheel afterward and tell her how you feel. ask her to be your girlfriend.

thats waht i did, but i had known her only 3 months and we'd been fwb at that point
>>
>>16997433

I definitely appreciate the reply so I'm going to try to take what I can from it without disputing everything.

That said, the slow push seems pretty impossible, given that we have a rapport and I'm not into her enough to want to spend a super long time trying to seduce her. It's kind of a "you're cute, I'm cute, we get along and like the same things" feeling.

I do think you're on the right pulse with something that has a little more weight to it, but I live in the desert, eat out for every meal, and very frequently eat at very nice places, so I don't know if that'd even register with her.

I also don't want to ask her to be my girlfriend because I still have to see if we're compatible sexually and romantically.
>>
>>16997492

seems like a weird thing to me, to throw away a ten year relationship just to see if maybe you might be romantically or sexually compatible.

to each their own tho.
>>
>>16997499

Well, that's why I'm saying "I think I want to ask." I'm definitely open to being talked out of it.

The thing is, I've known her for 10 years. We hung out at various parties and bars and stuff over the years, but it wasn't until recently that she actually gave me her number and we started hanging out and exchanging banter and stuff.

Our friendship/relationship is different than it used to be.
>>
Literally just ask her out. U r the man and u r direct in ur intent.
>>
>>16997525

The simplest thing I can think of is just blindsiding her with "we should go on a date," but that seems weird in the middle of a beer or over a text or the phone.
>>
>>16997586
Just text her whats up. If she responds positively. Then ask her out. If she declines say ok cool gotta run. THAT IS LITERALLY ALL U HAVE TO DO. It is not weird it is just you being truthfull of ur intent
>>
>>16997519

oh okay, you made it seem like you were childhood friends or some shit.

id just go be direct then
>>
>>16997605

We were texting about Wrestlemania and NFL trades this morning, I don't think sending "what's up" will get me anything but "eating tacos and having a beer i can't believe north carolina is hitting these 3s"

This is why asking her out is awkward, because we casually talk all the time, and go do things pretty frequently.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.