[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I decide what to do with my life? I find college pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1356112096349.jpg (36 KB, 618x673) Image search: [Google]
1356112096349.jpg
36 KB, 618x673
How do I decide what to do with my life? I find college pretty easy and I'm pretty good at my retail job yet all I really want to do is play guitar, smoke pot and write poetry (read: disappoint my parents).
>>
>>16997048 sounds like a Bernie supporter. GTFO OF MY COUNTRY!
>>
>>16997300
Don't worry, I didn't vote.
>>
At some point, you will have to support that stuff all on your own, which means getting someone to pay you. Take a look at what quality of life you will be having at various levels in the socioeconomic system, and decide how much you are willing to do for how you'd like to live.

Unless you want to risk jail, you might start to see some value in increasing your odds of making decent money by getting some salable skills.

You won't be living so easy for much longer, and you will have many years to regret squandering the opportunity you have now. It is a tough world out there, and the middle-class is shrinking, so college is no longer an automatic ticket to the easy life.

Strumming your guitar while stoned in some overpriced apartment won't be looking so smart when you are 35, and facing underemployment.
>>
>>16997048
Honestly same, OP. You can still do all that, but if you think about it, would you really want to smoke that much? That can't be very fulfilling. Moderate so it'll stay enjoyable. And if college is easy for you, then be sure to make time for yourself and write.
>>
>>16997048

what we 'do' with our lives and what we do for a living are two different things.

my advice? pick something htat comes naturally to you and doesnt make you hate doing it 8 hours a day, then jump around that job field until you find a particular work enviornment that appeals to you.

working in an office can be hell. but my office job is the comfiest ever. i spent half the morning just shopping at smart and final, talking about which cereal we like to eat, and laughing about the desk top calendar comics my boss insists we read together.

my brother makes 50 thousand dolalrs a year doing chemical stuff for farms, but he only works 8 months out of the year so he has a big 4 month vacation each year where he does whatever the fuck he wants.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.