[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23/f >live with parents at the moment >parents are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1459280146740.gif (141 KB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
1459280146740.gif
141 KB, 355x266
>23/f
>live with parents at the moment
>parents are very protective because i was very sheltered growing up
>grew out of it a bit
>they still get nervous with me
>met a guy online
>ended up talking for a few months
>decided to start dating
>went to meet him for the first time in january
>just had a trip with him this past week
>both times my parents were unaware of him and the reasons i went
i hate hiding this from them but both of my parents are very old fashioned/a bit closed minded. my sister knows about my boyfriend but even she knows my parents could react badly to this. i don't see anything wrong with it and i never have but how do i tell them? i took a year off of school and i'm going back in the fall and he starts training for his job in july so we want to see each other again in the summer. i promised myself i would tell them but i just don't know how.
>>
>>16996940
>my parents are very old fashioned
Then it is very easy solution.
1) Tell your parents you invited some guy for visit (like for dinner or something :-)
2) Make your bf to suit up and prepare meeting.
3) And on the day D, your bf will officially meet with your parents, mentally and physically prepared to endure any test and question they might have.

This way you even test your bf how much can he endure to be your dearest. He doesn't have to propose for your hand right away. That is optional, just to see your parents so they can see he is no scumbag :-D
>>
>>16996975
that's actually how i wanted to handle it when he was here last week but i chickened out. i think that having them actually meet him would be the most ideal way but unfortunately that's not an option at the moment (he spent a chunk of money already by coming here and we're both trying to save our money back up)
>>
>>16996981
meeting parents requires money? what?
>>
File: 1373235348710.jpg (67 KB, 276x341) Image search: [Google]
1373235348710.jpg
67 KB, 276x341
I had basically the same situation, only I told them before I met him. I thought my dad would freak out but he didn't.
Just say you met him online and if you need to exaggerate how long you've known him online. And don't let them ever find out you've been doing shit behind their back if you can help it.
>>
>>16996940
you're fucking 23 years old, you're a grown ass adult so even though you live at home it's not really any of their business. if you were freshly 18 it would be one thing, but there's even 18 year olds getting shot and killed in afghanistan right now, and you're afraid to tell your parents about a boy you met on the internet?
>>
>>16996993
i wish it was that easy. believe me.
>>16996987
he lives in california, i live in illinois
>>
File: 1440973501955.jpg (113 KB, 720x990) Image search: [Google]
1440973501955.jpg
113 KB, 720x990
>>16996990
thanks, that's a bit comforting. i talked to a friend about it and she also told me not to tell them about the lying bits because that would make it worse
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.