[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad did I ruin my life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: kunta kinte.jpg (64 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
kunta kinte.jpg
64 KB, 500x322
I got arrested and am likely to be convicted of at least one misdemeanor. I don't care so much about the conviction because from what I understand most background checks that employers will run will reveal the fact that I was given three charges from the once incident

none are violent, all related to marijuana. I feel like because I am black I won't be able to explain these things away and no one will hire me even after interview

I am updating my resume and it looks great. I interview well and have a lot of work/volunteer experience. I am generally good looking guy. I feel like I tossed away my life's potential over some dumb shit

does anyone have any criminal success stories?

pic related: me
>>
>>16991802
>I feel like because I am black I won't be able to explain these things away and no one will hire me even after interview

Depends on the business.
If you aren't a thug in your overall behavior, language, clothing style etc. only conservative companies will take issue.

If you go towards young, trendy businesses and play the cards right IF it is brought up in an interview ("Im a bit of a hippie. But I get my work done anyhow, and here are references that show it very well, may I show you ...") they won't care, and it even might give you "liberal" friends in smaller businesses.

Don't be afraid.
But manage your image VERY carefully to fall either in the apple-hipster who wanted to be edgy OR in the hippie Category after you are out, not the thug style.

Then you will be fine.

Depends on your business/ area of work of course. In the worst case you will have to change to a different one.

Meh.

Could be worse.
>>
>>16991873

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

I'm no thug, though I have empathy for people who live that life. I like a Young Thug or Future record just like anyone else.

but nah I grew up in a white middle class environment, I know how to "talk white" and all that stuff. I dress normal, skinny/fitted jeans or chinos, white converse, a button up, etc.

You're kind of getting at what like ex-girlfriend told me. To make this part of my image. I've always been a left wing kind of guy and stuff so I guess this cements the fact that I should seek work/employment opportunities with like minded people.

Again, thank you for your response.
>>
>>16991895
No problem.

Yep, basically make it part of your image.
And don't worry too much. The past is the past, make the best out of it, and don't be anxious about it.

It will all turn out well.
>>
bump because I want to hear from someone who has gone through this and because this isn't a stupid girlfriend/NEET/underage thread
>>
>misdemeanor
>none are violent, all related to marijuana
You certainly didn't ruin your life.
>>
>>16992038

a DUI sort of looks possibly violent/dangerous without explanation
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.