[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there are any employer lawfags here then this should be over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
If there are any employer lawfags here then this should be over quickly. If not, you get to have some fun.

>Minimum wage
>Currency booth
>Three of us share shifts
>None of us interact outside of work
>But within work, we're tight
>Arrange the rota amongst ourselves
>Always cover each other if one is sick
>Nobody has ever had to come from another store to cover while we've been there
>I'm leaving to go Uni
>Have personally set my leaving date for June 1st
>Know I'm obligated to give four weeks' notice
>I want to hand my notice in ASAP
>Just so management bring in a suitable replacement in good time and fully prepared so as to not leave the other two in the shit

If I hand my notice in a month before the obligatory period, is there any possibility they could fire me?

Legally or otherwise.

I'm in no mood to go through a tribunal and could use the money up to the point before I fuck off.

Thanks in advance.

>pic unrelated but rejoice in their magnificence all the same
>>
I don't have any law to back me up, and I'm probably not in the same country as you, but I can't see why they'd have the four weeks' notice requirement if they were just going to fire you within those four weeks anyway.
>>
>>16984176
They almost certainly won't fire you. They'll probably thank you for giving them so much notice.
>>
>>16984181

I want to hand my notice in advance of the legal/obligatory period

>>16984182

I'm thinking the same but I've developed a reputation as being "too big for the job" (not that I could help it - I have a different humour/vernacular to minimum wage monkeys).

Plus, I'm kinda phoning it in already.

I'm probably being paranoid but a part of me thinks they'd see me as a toxic influence and they'd like to get rid of me as soon as possible. Especially as I've been patently refusing to use certain (actually illegal) sales techniques.

I know that if they fired me, I could fuck them in a tribunal but I could really do without the ball-ache.
>>
What does your contract say?
>>
>>16984196
>I know that if they fired me, I could fuck them in a tribunal
The time spent settling the lawsuit will be compensated at MUCH higher than minimum wage. If the minimum was worth getting the job, then the lawsuit is worth the pain.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.