[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to keep a young child?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1453638139186.png (366 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1453638139186.png
366 KB, 600x726
Ok, so here's the backstory.

I (19) live in a house with my brother (21), my mom (56), and my dad (50), and I've lived here my whole life.

My brother, who we'll call Mark, started dating a girl, Jessie. She was, at the time they started dating, 17 and pregnant, and moved in with us because of a bad realtionship with her own family. The biological father, John, did not wan't to be a part of anything at first. When the baby, Mary, was born, a little over a year and a half ago, Mark and Jessie were convinced that they'd be happy together. Also at that time, John changed his mind and decided he wanted the baby, too. Mary would spend every other weekend with John, as well as Wednesdays and Fridays.

At one point between then and now, Jessie had left. Her and Mark had been fighting and she decided it was too much to deal with and left, taking Mary with her. A couple weeks later, though, she came back and expected to be welcomed back in with open arms. We let her come back, but mostly only because we couldn't bear to lose Mary.

She also got a job at an elderly care home. Not only are her hours very strict, meaning she can't really take extra time off, but she asked for her day off to be on Wednesday, which just so happens to be one of the days Mary is at John's. She doesn't ever take care of Mary except for when she absolutely has to. Anytime she can, she'll push Mary onto Mark, my mom, or me. Mark is almost always at home because he can't work due to a medical condition, and I'm almost always home because I'm a NEET.

Fast forward to now, and Jessie has left again. This time it's a bit different though, because it's a lot more clear to her that we can't stand her. But then we come to the main problem. Mary is so important to us, we can't afford to lose her.

Cont...
>>
Sorry, it wasn't posting

At this point, it's still possible that Jessie will come back, but I'm trying to prepare for the worst. That said, if necessary, I will help fight for Mark to get custody. Mark is by far the more responsible parent out of him, Jessie, and John. If we were to let Mary choose, even though she's only one and a half, I'm absolutely positive that she'd choose Mark.

However, Mark isn't Mary's biological parent, and he and Jessie were never married. Ultimately, I'd like to know what the chances are of Mark getting some amount of custody, or even majority, if worse comes to worst.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep going without Mary here. Even though she's only my niece, I love her with all of my heart. I'm autistic and socially retarded, so having someone who loves me like Mary does is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning. So, /adv/, help me get this worked out.

If you want any more information, feel free to ask.
>>
Meh. Since there is no biological connection between Mark and Mary, so I'd say you're chances are 0%. Maybe if you can prove some major failures like Jessie totally neglecting her child, otherwise...
>>
>>16982861
You could try getting a complaint against her to child services but then they would probably give custody to John.

In this situation you have no control over Mary unless you offer to adopt her.
You could tell Jessie to GTFO or give up Mary, but that may not turn out good for anyone.
>>
>>16982861
>cripple cuck brother
>teen mom slut
>Chad
>autistic NEET formed an unlikely bond with the infant and decided on the journey to gain custody of the child

I could write a soapy drama script out of this and pitch it to CBS or perhaps ABC.
>>
>>16982861
You have no legal claim to the child whatever.

If - and this is a very big IF - both her mother and her father are judged unfit by Child Protection Services, and your parents offered to (and were judged qualified to) serve as foster parents, CPS might judge that it is better for the child to be with a family she knows than with strangers, and give your parents temporary foster custody. The assumption would be that her biological parents would get her back when they got their act together.
>>
>>16982861
This is the most cuck thing I've read all day.
>>
I used to help babysit as a teen and it's easy to get attached to young children. Especially if they are an infant that require so much care.

However, I was able to get over the attachment after a year and moved on. If the kid is not your own flesh and blood I think it's easier but people are different so who knows.

Also that mother is messed up taking advantage of your family like that though. I'm not sure what is the best case for this unless you can talk to a lawyer about it to know your options.
>>
>>16982861
I don't know how it works where you live, but where I live, this sort of issue is resolved by doing what is best for the child, not based on what the parents want. However, there's also the idea that the child needs contact with both parents unless there is a reason not to allow it. I don't know how well John looks after Mary, but based on what you've said, if Jessie loses custody, it's most likely going to go to John.
>>
File: 1441052677077.jpg (25 KB, 622x464) Image search: [Google]
1441052677077.jpg
25 KB, 622x464
>>if you want more information...

Fuck son, I don't want what you've got. Let me fix this for you.

>>my brother loves this kid he helped raise that isn't his. What are the odds he can convince a court to give him custody?

There you go, concise and to the point.

To answer your question... no chance at all if either bio parent wants custody.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.