[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sexual morality in the 21st century
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 4
File: jisus.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
jisus.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
I'm basically in love with a girl I've been dating for some time. She made clear that is not interested in anything more than sex.

Point is: I'm christian (chastity and all that stuff to bear in mind) and looking for some marriage material (or a meaningful relationship anyway). Now she's invited me to stay at her place tonight.

Again, she's very fond of me but not willing to committ in anything serious.

What do I do?
>>
>>17002964
You have to choose.

Satan tempts us in many ways. If you truely believe that Christ died to that you may one day ascend to heaven, then your choice should be clear. Sex in a situation like this where she has clearly stated that she is not interested in commitment goes against the "do not commit adultery" commandment.

Here is my advice, as a Christian who committed adultery when I was younger-
It's not worth it. It's about 10 minutes of total pleasure, and then as soon as you finish you feel overwhelmed with regret and guilt. That guilt lasts for a very long time, and for some people it shatters their image of themself and hurts their relationship with God.

To be honest, you might not even enjoy the sex. My sex was with a girl who loved me and whom I loved, but it was before I married her so I still felt the guilt. Sex with someone you don't love is missing a large component of what makes sex so amazing. The emotional connection is what it's all about.

I'm happily married now, and my current wife and I waited until marriage to have sex with eachother and it was a lot better for our relationship with eachother and with god
>>
File: 0hoots.jpg (42 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
0hoots.jpg
42 KB, 750x750
>>17002964
realize that your views of chastity are archaic and brought on by how you were raised.
Then, proceed to fuck the shit out of her.
No disrespect to your beliefs, but seriously something that might be true shouldn't get in the way of pleasures
>>
>>17002983
This dude, fuck morals embrace hedonism. Rules are made to be broken, fuck what our ancestors thought, they were old bigots. It's 2016 after all, enough following old desert fairy tails. #Feelthebern
>>
Well, why do you think you need to follow rules that where etablished more than 2000 years ago? You know that following that logic you are also not allowed to wear garments from mixed fibers? You know that people used to be really dumb even a few years back? Rember that there was a law that you NEED to torture a potential witch, even if she confessed, just "to be sure"? Do you want to subject to such outdated mindsets? Spirituallity does not come to those who follow some set rules in a book of stories somebody told somebody else, who told it to john, who was drunk and then told it to james, who thought it was a good idea to write down his version and send it to jacob, who then told thomas, who thought he was entitled to write his own book about the story, which somebody thought was a good idea to include into a book consisting of a bunch if similat chapters, which then suddenly became a "holy book" that people take LITERAL! as in: they turn over every word and make it a rule set in stone. Sounds a bit backwards to me, desu. I'm christian myself, but you don't need all those stoneage ideas to be a "good christian". God made men and women. He told them "goeth and multiply". He is the one who "invented" sexuality. HE made your body react with a raging boner when you see a pair of boobies. Have you ever read the "song of songs of solomon"? Those two aren't married either... And they seem to hbe a pretty rad time. And it is considered a "holy song".
>>
>>17003022
Have you ever read the bible?
You're aware that the 10 commandments were created to simplify the rules and to make them more timeless, correct? Those archaic rules like "don't wear mixed fabrics" had contextual meaning which doesn't hold true in modern times.
However- "don't commit adultery" is very straightforward and it is a commandment. You cannot just cherry pick which "rules" you follow to suit your preference.
"Oh, one of the commandments is to not take the blood of your brother but I'm pissed AF so I'm gonna murder this dude times are different now so it's ok"

No- that's not how it works.
It's still not ok to give in to adultery because it leads to unwanted pregnancies which lead to economic downfall and abortion- not to mention all the issues like objectification that come from a sexualized society.

You are correct in saying that SOME of the things in the Old Testament do not apply in the same way that they used to- but the New Testament has SPECIFICALLY shown which are still to be followed closely, and which are not.

I really suggest that you read the bible to get a better understanding of what morals you should be trying to follow if you call yourself a Christian
>>
Well she's made it clear already man. Don't put yourself in a tempting situation.
>>
You've done sexual shit with her before?
>>
>>17002964
Im a christian too I feel bad for having sex in a committed relationship that didnt fall through

My advice dont do it unless in a marriage material relationship

Youll feel alpha for a week or so after sex but after longer periods of time youll either need more sex or have to resist urges.

Even still having sex for no reason now can fuck up future relationships (I can explIn this point further if you want)

TL; DR Do it for quick pleasure and a week of being an alpha
Or
Save it and dominate your woman in marriage
>>
>>17003022
Reguardless of if its all true or not
The bible says dont do it as it can damage future relationships and if a relationship doesnt fall through it doesnt hurt as bad thats why the bible pretty much says "dont do the dirty till your commited so you dont catch the feels'

>inb4 'the bible says a whole lot of other things why dont you do that'

Were strictly talking about sex before marriage guys lets not turn this into a mass debate about religion
>>
File: 1459938329175.jpg (63 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1459938329175.jpg
63 KB, 960x768
>>17002983
>>17002992
>>17003022
>>
>>17003174
>Save it and dominate your woman in marriage
you might be the biggest nutjob i ever came across. do you mind triping so i can filter your advice on every thread?
>>
>>17003197
I still can't believe that practising christians come on this site.
>>
>>17002982

>Satan tempts us

Laughinghumanists.png

OP, get your rocks off if you want sex, she's clean, and you're sure she won't get pregnant. Don't let religion shackle you. It's okay to believe, but when it shackles you, you need to disengage.
>>
>>17003235
Obey the law but when you want something take it

Boy dont let the law shackle you if you want to rape and mutder your own 2 year old kid
>>
>>17002964
She is probably possessed by a jezebel spirit.

The jezebel spirit trys to seduce men/woman of faith to sin.
Just don't do it. Either way you got a shit storm brewin' if she is one.Run.

Sex is sacred and you know it don't let the jezebel control you. this is also what they are after,control.
>>
>>17002964
This is stupid. It has nothing to do with being Christian. You want sex in the context of a meaningful relationship, and she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you that you consider meaningful.

So stop dating her, get over her, and then go find what you're looking for in someone else.
>>
>>17003174
> Even still having sex for no reason now can fuck up future relationships
Explain
>>
>>17002983
>realize that your views of chastity are archaic and brought on by how you were raised
Fashion arguments do not make for compelling moral principles.
>>
>>17003248

False equivalency. You can't compare religion and the law. Try with better bait, cuck.

>>17003267

He's not dating her, she's a potential penis-sleeve.
>>
>>17003275

>you're trying to settle down and start a family, get married or otherwise have a "permanent" relationship
>your partner finds out you have a history of being sexually impulsive, one-night stands, etc
>even though you're married now, there are still tons of other men/women out there who'd be willing to sleep with you. Temptation doesn't disappear when you put on a ring
>it can be observed in almost all aspects of life that people have a tendency to repeat themselves and fall back on old habits
>Is it really possible to trust that someone who's been impulsive so many times before will NEVER do it again?
>>
>>17002964
what does jesus say about getting blowjobs?
>>
>>17002964
If you go to a store to buy corn flakes and they tell you they don't stock corn flakes and never will, do you keep going back in the hope they'll change, or do you shop elsewhere?
>>
>>17003352
They still have Froot Loops tho.
>>
>i'm being tempted by a whore, what do?

She made it clear that she has no morals, why are you even talking to her?
Tell her that you're saving yourself for Jesus, and aren't interested in girls, but you are willing to perform an exorcism on her demon infested vagina, if she wants you to. (show her your crucifix dildo)
>>
>>17002964
well OP quiete frankly your views on this are fucking archaic because there isn't any moral principle attached to them. furthermore it is contradictory; sex is a very human experience where two people get to share something beautiful. It's completely fucking backwards to think that you stand on any moral high ground by refusing to have sex. Your beliefs shouldn't get in the way of basic human needs
>>
>>17003475
it's your view that's archaic

must fulfill need, ug
masturbation is sin, need sex

people are capable of fulfilling their own needs

Sex is not personal. Sex is about fulfilling the needs of others, and for procreation.

Given the billion unwanted children on the planet, there is no societal need for babies, literally the opposite, a need for adoptions.

so what you condone is rape. self motivated, hedonistic, pleasure.
>>
>>17003281
When a serious argument is brought, typically Christians refuse it with bullshit excuses. So what kind of argument would you like?
>>
>>17003539
>so what you condone is rape. self motivated, hedonistic, pleasure.
Wat
>>
>>17003546

Don't argue with blatant retards.
>>
>>17003546
you're trying to say that sex is a need. like air water and food.

this is a rapist's argument. "I couldn't help myself" "It's a need"
Not true at all.
Girlfriend says "I have a headache" you don't need to rape her, she said no, go jerkoff in the shower. Sex is not a need.
>>
>>17002964
>Point is: I'm christian
Look, I found what's wrong with you nigger.
>>
>>17003595
This is completely retarded.
>>
>>17003595
Seriously, you must be fucking with me. Sex is a need. Still, you have learned to manage your needs (or maybe you still do the poopies in your undies idk), and you learn to manage the sexual impulses. When you can't learn that, then you gave a problem.
I have been hungry before, but I've never stolen food. I have been in need of a toilet, but I did not shit my pants.
>>
>>17003681
I'd like to fuck my coworker's ass raw, but I don't rape her.
>>
>>17003681
>Sex is a need.
No, it's a desire
>>
>>17003697
Yes well...
When an entire species shares a desire to the point where it drives most of their society and causes every sort of issue when it's missing, you can call it a need. Also, it's part of the basic drives of every animal. So, there's that.
>>
>>17003711
>When an entire species shares a desire to the point where it drives most of their society and causes every sort of issue when it's missing, you can call it a need.
Except you can't, because it's still a desire.
>Also, it's part of the basic drives of every animal. So, there's that.
A drive, not a need
>>
>>17003221
Practicing christian doesn't mean being against sex. Which is fortunate for me as my gf is a somewhat practicing christian.
>>
>>17003718
If I didn't know you were a Jesus lover before, I'm sure now.
>>
>>17003718
>Except you can't, because it's still a desire.
This is not an argument. This is the Jesus tumor in your head talking
>>
>>17003725
>If I didn't know you were a Jesus lover before, I'm sure now.
I've made two comments jackass, and I haven't once mentioned religion. Even if I were a Christian it wouldn't change the fact that you don't know the difference between a need and a want.
>>17003732
>This is not an argument.
It is literally an argument
>This is the Jesus tumor in your head talking
Or a basic understanding of human biology that recognizes sex is not required for life or the maintenance of homeostasis in the body, and therefore not a need by any objective definition of the term.
>>
>>17003718
Ok then. You don't need sex. Happy? In the meantime, I'll keep satisfying that recurring 'desire' that never leaves me alone, that conditions me to do all sorts of stupid things, and that causes me physical and above all psychological pain If I don't satisfy it. Ever been on /r9k/?
>>
>>17003681
It's good that you learned to control your shitting.
Go buy a fleshlight, or a dildo, and learn to pleasure yourself. Stop relying on mommy or others for sex.
You need air, without it you die.
You need water, without it you die.
You need food, w/o it you die.
You need shelter, w/o it you die.
You need Jesus, without him you burn in hell for eternity.
Sex is not a need, you can live w/o it.
Fingering your butthole is not a need,
you just do it because you like it.
It only feels like you can't live w/o it.
>>
>>17003749
Yeah right. So sex is not a need but Jesus is? What about anal sex with Jesus?
>>
>>17003748
>Ok then. You don't need sex. Happy?
Kind of, but also not really because you're still making up your own definitions for things and ignoring the meaning of words. Ever been on tumblr?
>>17003752
This is why people dislike atheists. No substance to the conversation, only insults and poorly thought out bullshit.
>>
>>17003755
The guy said Jesus is a need like air or water. It did not merit a serious response.
In any case, I see your point. You are being literal, and in that you are right.
I hope we can agree that it might not be a need in the sense that without your existence is impossible, but it's damn close to being one.
>>
>>17003763
>The guy said Jesus is a need like air or water.
No he didn't, you're blatantly misreading his words. He makes a clear distinction between physical and spiritual needs, and at no point says that you need Jesus or you will die, as you do air or water.
>I hope we can agree that it might not be a need in the sense that without your existence is impossible, but it's damn close to being one.
Close enough I guess.
>>
>>17003778
You will burn in hell for ALL ETERNITY. If anything Jesus is more important than anything else to the guy.
>>
>>17003235
A major component of religion is to limit us in ways that will help improve us. For example, being able to resist seduction builds self-restraint and control of one's mind. If a man can resist lust, he will have an advantage over men who are easily controlled by women.

Also- about that comment that someone made about the law being like religion- you're right that they're not the same but they are similar. Western law is very similar to biblical law because it was the dominant religion as our country was forming. laws and religions do the same thing- they standardize morals in order to make society more unified.

There are times when we want to do things that will hurt us in the future or will hurt those that we love. Sometimes those things are hard to see. List is one of those things, and it's something that the bible advocates not doing with someone that you arn't really connected to. The bible doesn't say that sex is bad- it's just an extremely intimate connection that was created by God to unite two people. You make yourself vulnerable when you do it, which is why the bible suggests that you don't do it until you've committed to someone for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17003763
>damn close to being a need

a gasoline powered car requires gasoline
you don't need gasoline
you can walk, like Jesus did
or you can get an electric vehicle
your desire for mobility, does not justify
polluting the planet with toxins.

Men and women enjoy sex.
Physiologically men and women both, benefit from orgasms. Women's moods are stabilized when their body absorbs semen, just like men's moods are stabilized by getting it out of their bodies. But sex isn't required for that. Men can fap, and women can use bovine hormones to regulate their chemistry, they don't need manjuice.
>>
>>17003749

You don't need Jesus.
>>
>>17003816

Western law is based on Roman law, which was secular. Not having sex just leads to /rk9/ and only truly pleases betas who are too scared to talk to woman. The religious are betas because they can't think for themselves, they need a set creed with apparently all of the answers to life to justify their existence and behaviour. You exist because you do, not because of gods or avatars.
>>
>>17003818
>you can walk, like Jesus did
He wasn't in the kind if rush I'm in. Also, fictional.
>Physiologically men and women both, benefit from orgasms. Women's moods are stabilized when their body absorbs semen
KEK
>>
>>17003841
THIS
>>
>>17003029
nigga what?

adultery in the 10 commandments...
>>
>>17003841
Western law AND history was very heavily influenced by Christianity. When America was just British colonies and salutary neglect was occurring, many people based their moral code off of Christianity rather than the law. Especially during anglicization this became more common, and we can leterslly see mention of the Christian God in the constitution, the pledge of allegiance, and on our currency.

No- r9k is actually a perfect example of what LUST creates. Those are men who are so overwhelmed with sexual desire that it INFURIATES them when women will not return that desire. The are afraid to ask women out because of rejection. In fact, if they weren't so obsessed with sex they would be able to talk to women just as well as they can talk to men- but they alienate women because they are sexually attracted to them but afraid of sexual regection.

I don't need anything to justify my existence. I used to be an athiest. I thought "I didn't exist in the past, and one day in the future I won't exist again- and that is fine". But then I realized that I was wrong. I gained new information and wisdom from Christianity that I had originally dismissed in the same way that you are dismissing it now.

I encourage you to actually look in to the bible. Look at it with an open heart instead of with a skeptic gaze. As you read the passages, journal about the meanings and what you think they mean- and try applying it to your life and then recording your results.

Religion has made me happier, more humble, and very grateful. Please don't dismiss it until you've given t a fair shot. If you think of yourself as an open minded or intellegent person, please don't make assumptions before REALLY trying something.

Wisdom is the balance of spirituality and intellegence. Find a balance between the two and you will be both emotionallt and intellectually well rounded
>>
>>17003796
>Jesus is important.

For the moment, he is. I've lived enough lives to know better than to piss God off. Many of those lives were before Jesus' time. But now it's different. The boss retired, and let his son take over the family business. He runs things a little different than the old days. God was a ballbuster to work for. Jesus is cool, not looking over our shoulder every minute. He doesn't even come to work. He's off sipping fruity drinks on an island in the pacific, for just over 2000 years now. Don't begrudge him, he deserves a vacation after all he went through.
He did that for us, and one day he's going to show up to see how we did while he was away.
It's our job to keep things running until then.
We know we're gonna fail, but we can't let that stop us from trying.
>>
>>17003899
It's literally the 7th commandment.
"Thou shall not commit adultery"
Right between "thou shall not murder" and "thou shall not steal"
>>
>>17003899
What constitutes adultery is not defined in this passage of the Bible, and has been the subject of debate within Judaism and Christianity. Some Jewish sources (Chizkuni, Ibn Ezra) say that this commandment prohibits all sexually deviant acts, not only adultery. [1]
>>
>>17003919
in our (german) translation it says thou shalt not desire/fuck your neighbours wife or something among those lines.
>>
>>17003912
I... I... I have no words. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>17003924
Same here (itafag)
>>
>>17003924
Are you perhaps thinking of #9?
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."?
I dunno buddy you sound confused.
I suggest you take another look at the commandments- I doubt the Germanic translation could be that different from all the other translations.

It should translate directly to "adultery" or "sexual immorality". People have been looking for loopholes in that one for years. If it said anything that could be taken just as "don't cheat" then people waiting for sex until marriage wouldn't even be a thing.
"Adultery" is an umbrella term that covers all those things talked about as lustful behavior in the bible. Infidelity, sex before marriage, masterbation, etc
>>
>>17003938
Das fünfte Gebot
Du sollst nicht töten.

Das sechste Gebot
Du sollst nicht ehebrechen.

Das siebte Gebot
Du sollst nicht stehlen.

straight from Luthers mouth.
get rekt pilgrim fags.
>>
>>17003909

Western law is almost entirely based on Roman secular law. Even American law is fundamentally Roman. The addition of Christian themes into American law is also Roman. Even Roman secular law took the existence of the gods, and later, Jesus, as fact. I will admit that Christianity has a proud history and is aesthetically pleasing to me, but I think it's rigid beliefs are no longer relevant. The social control aspect of religion can easily be taken over by the state.

/rk9/ is what happens when men are sexually repressed. They are too damaged or weak to express their sexuality, and thus end up alone. It's also important to point out that the belief that men should be forceful and confident actually harms them. Women think they can just pick and choose, as if the feelings of those they reject don't matter. This is what leads to /rk9/.

Of course, feminists ignore these issues, because they are domineering hyenas.
>>
>>17003938
No. It says do not desire women that belong to somebody else. It then proceeds to give the same advice on cows.
>>
>>17003924
>>17003930
You're probably thinking of #10 "do not covet"- in some languages this translates to "do not covet thy neighbor's wife/house"- as in "don't take your neighbor's wife/house"- but that rule is telling you not to desire that which another man has earned himself.

There's a different commandment (#7) that is specifically about adultery
>>
>>17002964
You can just sex her and then ask Jesus for forgiveness. It works 100%
>>
>>17003949
Do not commit acts that are not pure.

Talk about being vague
>>
>>17003956
This.
>>
>>17003944
I like you.
>>
>>17003924
The full text of the commandment reads: You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

you have to remember that wives were property back in the day.

What the commandment means is...
Don't keep up with the Jonses.
If your neighbor buys a Corvette, be happy for him celebrating his mid-life crisis, and compensating for his erectile dysfunction.

If your neighbor's slutty wife is sunbathing topless in the backyard, it's cool to look over the fence, and fap. That's not coveting.

Saying, I want me one of those is coveting.
You start coveting, and pretty soon you want to kill your neighbor and take his stuff.

Go get your own wife, is what it means.
Don't try and out do the neighbor, by buying a Ferrari. That piece of shit will be in the shop more than it's on the road. Use your brain, buy a sensible car. A wife that's not a whore, etc.
>>
>>17003971
So I should take advice from people who owned their wives?
I'll skip this one thank you.
>>
>>17003943
>>17003946
That's #10
#7 is the one about adultery.

>>17003944
That's the point- those men have lust that sits inside of them and rots their soul. There's two ways to express that lust- through action(having sex) or by learning to control and then expel it from your mind.

Think of someone with a ton of anger in their heart. They can express it by yelling, punching, kicking ETC, or they can identify techniques that calm them down (like counting backwards from 10). The first has potential for being damaging either to the person or to the people around them. The second is a self-reflectively coping mechanism that solves the problem in a non-dangerous way.

The problem arises when people KEEP that emotion (lust or anger) in their hearts without expelling it. That's repression, and it is TERRIBLE for your soul. Repressing anger leads to resentment, and repressing lust leads to all sorts of bitterness.
Also of course women can just pick and choose. Are you telling me that I DONT have the right to choose what I'm attracted to? Of course I get to choose the person that I date- and when I reject someone I try to do so in the most polite way that I can, but sometimes the rejection itself is enough to make someone bitter. Rejection always hurts, and while the emotions of those who are rejected DO matter, it is not the woman's responsibility to help them cope emotionally with tough news. That's on them.
>>
>>17003964

Why?
>>
>>17003983
Clearly explained, reasoned thoughts.
>>
>>17003973
A marriage license was and still is a certificate of ownership of a slave. Times have changed, now it's ownership of a husband. Entitlement to half his stuff, if he gets butthurt about you banging Jamal while he at work.
>>
>>17004012
Yeah no that's not what it is. But thanks for trying
>>
>>17003973
Denying that slavery ever existed is a slap in the face to all of those who give their lives trying to end slavery. Look at Ben Affleck, handsome guy, promising future, had a good chance of running for Mayor one day. Then he threw that all away by trying to deny slaves their freedom. Just pretend it never happened, doesn't work. We have to remember we have to understand what slavery is, or history will repeat itself. Just as woman should be a slave, no man should be a slave either.
It's time to abolish marriage once and for all.
Let man and woman be equals for once, without enslaving the other.

remember slavery, remember it well
if you wouldn't want it done to you
then don't do it to others
>>
>>17003293
Not only this but also if your future wife abstained until marriage it makes her feel like shit because she stayed away from temptation all her life but you didnt

The first serious relationship I was in she told me she had another partner previously and it was an amazing feeling in my heart that I was giving her a piece of my self that I had given to noone but I was getting nothing back

Also if you have sex with someone the next person you have sex with youll be imagining your previous partner for the first few times you have sex, makes you feel like shit
>>
>>17003681
Sex isnt a need its a want

Need implies you cant live without it
>>
>>17003711
>basic drive of an animal

So why do we try pick up girls
Cant we just have sex on the street
>'but its muh animal sex drive it neeeeeds it'
>'But officer its 2016 our society is driven by sex I neeeed to do this'

Kid, your logic is beyond fucked
>>
>>17003723
This

Its not against sex its all for sex
God loves sex hewants us to have it all the time
He just wants us to do it in a committed relationship

Is it that much of an ask?
>>
>>17003748
You need a doctor if you rely on sex that much senpai
>>
>>17003841
Roman law is based off the bible lmoa
>>
>>17002982
Honestly wondering
If you have sex with a girl and marry her
Would it really be that much of a sin?

Or still "Do not commit adultery?"
>>
>>17005104
WeW
A lot of edgy teen faggots ITT
>>
>>17005104
Its still adultery because the way I see adultery is "sex outside of marriage" I know thats not the correct meaning but its the way ive (tried) to live by
>>
>>17005136
Yeah
I recently got a gf
It's hard.......
But worth it desu
>>
>>17005083
He's overstating it, but you don't want to repress sexual desire to point where it becomes twisted into something else.
>>
>>17005104
Well I'm a heterosexual girl so I'd marry a man.
Having sex in a marriage is perfectly acceptable and encouraged by God. Sex itself is not evil in any way- it is a strong bond that could lead to sadness if formed with someone who you have not committed to for the rest of your life.
If I was engaged to someone, it would still be a sin to have sex with him until we've committed ourselves to eachother before God. That pledge is what makes the difference.

That being said, those who seek forgiveness for their pasts and who actively work towards a better future through Christ do not have these sins held over their heads.
We all make mistakes- humans are not perfect and we all have a little bit of wickedness inside of us. Selfishness, lust, jealousy- Christians are no less immune to these than any normal man. We've all committed sins, which is why we should not judge and condemn eachother. But to call yourself a Christian means that you are actively identifying and fighting these areas of weakness.
>>
>>17005204
>If I was engaged to someone, it would still be a sin to have sex with him until we've committed ourselves to eachother before God. That pledge is what makes the difference.

Off topic a bit
But does your marriage have to be a huge spectacle ? Can't you just marry in "secret' ?
>>
>>17002964
Why are you here and asking this question?
>>
>>17005209
It does not.
Some people would argue that you need that guy who marries you in order to help you "communicate with God" but I don't believe that.

So no. If you pledged to someone, before God, that you will stay by their side until death do you part, then that would be enough (to me atleast).

BUT in order for the pledge to be true, you would have to really believe in it. You would really have to believe that you are making a PROMISE to the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. So it's nothing to be taken lightly.
But yes- the pledge is the important part, not the ceremony. The ceremony is just a celebration of making such a huge pledge
>>
>>17005225
>BUT in order for the pledge to be true, you would have to really believe in it. You would really have to believe that you are making a PROMISE to the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. So it's nothing to be taken lightly.
>But yes- the pledge is the important part, not the ceremony. The ceremony is just a celebration of making such a huge pledge

Wow
You just made everything make so much sense ......
Fuck
>>
My church has these youth lock-in things where boys and girls sleep-over, and after the old ladies pass out, it turns into a big orgy.
The church is sanctuary, so the sex doesn't count you're still a virgin.
>>
>>17005225
OP's point was that she's not willing to make that pledge. BOTH have to pledge, not just one. One pledging would be a lie, if he knows she isn't serious about a relationship, and wants to keep her options open in case an african man comes along.
>>
>>17005225
I take you you aren't with any organized religion if you don't believe your union needs to be recognized and sanctioned by the body of that religion in order to be valid.
>>
>>17005264
Oh well exactly. I was just answering that person's hypothetical question.

The pledge has to be made by both people. They both have to be willing to promise the creator of the universe that they will commit to eachother for the rest of their lives- which is honestly a way bigger step than a typical law-based marriage.

If the girl in the OP does not believe in God and cannot make that pledge//she doesn't want to commit herself to God in front of OP, then they should not have sex. To be honest though, OP might be fond of this girl but if he really believes in God I'd be surprised if he was willing to commit to her so indefinetly when his feelings are not returned.

At any rate- if OP has sex with this girl he will very likely end up regretting it, feeling heartbroken once she moves on, and guilty. It's just not worth the several minutes of pleasure in his case.
>>
Or maybe you could just grow up and go to hooker
>>
>>17005290
You'd be surprised? It makes perfect sense to me, after all he's willing to commit to a mythical entity that has not and will never appear in his or anyone else's lives.
>>
>>17005282
I'm Christian.
I keep at a distance from the religious organizations affiliated with my religion because I believe that there is and always has been an exceptional amount of corruption in the church.
Religion is first and foremost a relationship between you and God.
Churches frequently manipulate their followers into worshiping the church more than they worship God.

Obviously not all churches are corrupt and evil- most churches are wonderful and can teach you new things about Christianity. But you have to be on the watch for Wolves in Sheeps clothing. Even the bible says that some of the men who seem holy and devout are manipulative and wicked.

Some sects of Christianity believe that you absolutely must have a middleman between you and God. In these sects, things like baptism, marriage, and confession are a lot more rigid.
I am not a Catholic.
>>
>>17005303
You obviously don't believe in God by the way you talk about him- so you can't possibly understand the gravity of the pledge.
>>
File: 1459389785103.jpg (95 KB, 458x581) Image search: [Google]
1459389785103.jpg
95 KB, 458x581
>hey /adv/ I met a girl, we have nothing in common, and our morals are polar opposites, how do I make this work?

Why even fucking post lad?
>>
>>17005321
How disgustingly condescending, just what you would expect from the average religious minded person. Yes of course I couldn't possibly understand the significance of something because I happen to not agree with it.

Also you are not a Christian according to basically every single sect besides possibly pentacostals, the snake handlers. Enjoy burning in hell for eternity.
>>
>>17005340
His entire lifestyle is based around lying to himself, can you really blame the man?
>>
>>17005355
How is that condescending?
You agreed to it yourself. Because you do not believe in something, you cannot possibly understand what it means to someone who doesn't believe in it (AKA OP). you should try not to be so hypersensitive and defensive.

Why did you come to this thread? You're obviously increadibly insecure and have some obsession with hating Christianity.

Wow, you're familiar with every belief of ever sect of Christianity? You must be an expert! How many times have you read the bible or been to church or prayed? Have you even made any attempt at all to understand Christianity?

What a sad life you must lead. I hope you open your heart and find happiness anon.
>>
>>17005435
Sorry, I meant someone who DOES believe in it (AKA OP)
>>
>>17005290
God didn't create the universe. The good book Is very clear on that. Nor did he create himself, as some idiot religions believe.
>>
>>17005492
Then what is Genesis?
That whole part is about God crating the universe, and he is frequently refered to as the creator throughout the bible
>>
>>17002983
I find pleasure in killing people. I will now go out and give in to my pleasure thanks to your short-sighted and retarded advice!
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.