[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not really in need of advice here, but in the last two days I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1453932300881.png (710 KB, 938x1210) Image search: [Google]
1453932300881.png
710 KB, 938x1210
Not really in need of advice here, but in the last two days I've seen two girls (each about and 8-8.5) giving me "the look." Both times they were in a setting that is not appropriate to hit on women, at work and then at the grocery store, respectively.
I guess what I'm asking is, is there such a thing as an "inappropriate" place to flirt with women, or is that just social conditioning? Also, is a bar the only place where I can meet and talk to new girls, because it seems like most places are considered inappropriate?
>>
>>16997495

they aren't inappropriate. whats happening is a combination of three things
1) you are afraid to hit on a woman, afraid of rejection
2) she is obviously there for a reason, and the fear of (1) is doubled when you think of getting in the way of that
3) some girls rant about being hit on in certain places saying its inappropriate, and you took that to heart.

so lets deconstruct this

>you are afraid to hit on a woman, afraid of rejection

dont be. assuming you have no social ties to this woman, the worst that happens is she turns you down, five minutes later she forgets you exist. nothing bad happens at all. you are fine. so why be afraid? there is on man in a cloak in space with a magic chalk board keeping track of this. you are not a bad person in any sense of the word by getting 'rejected'. its not even a rejection. its just a woman not haivng immediate chemistry with you. that is not the measure of a mans worth. even chads get rejected

>she is there for a reason, and you are afraid of getting in the way of that

and thats polite. but you are being whats called 'pre-polite'. if you see a woman and want to talk to her, simply talk to her. if shes not interested, she will make it pretty obvious. THAT is when you go back to your business. you are not a bad person for taking 20 seconds of her time. she is not that important. no one is.

>women rant about not liking getting hit on.

if you took every single girl ages 18-25 and surveyed them on where they DONT want to be hit on, then made what they said law, men would never ever be allowed to date women. half of women say NOT to hit on them at school for instance, cuz they go there to learn, not to flirt. yet a large number of relationsihps start at school. same goes for the workplace. some girls dont want to be hit on at work. some do.

for hte most part, it just boils down to 1) are you attractive and 2) do you have chenmistry. and you will never know til after the fact.
>>
>>16997560
Thanks. That was the kind of answer I was looking for. To be honest, I've never actually approached a girl/asked a girl out due to these "blocks" that society puts on men.

One thing to note though, the instance where I saw the girl at work, I was the employee and she was a customer. I've thought about asking my boss if this is ok or not before, but I was kind of unsure about it. A lot of cute girls come in and out of my work, and I still get that regret of not speaking to them, even though I know it's probably not ok.
>>
>>16997634

>society puts on men

society doesn't. you put it on yourself here mate. yes women complain and rant, but that doesnt mean they put a block. you arent goign to suddenly be the only man flirting with women. you will be one of the many. these men didnt say 'fuck you society'. they realized there was no society blocking them.

as far as work goes, its generally against company policy to ask out, but not to accept if you have been asked out. where do you work? what do you do there?

as for you approaching the women, assuming you have a reason to talk to them any flirting can be chalked up to business. be a bit ambiguous about it, dont go 'hey you're real cute' or anything like that. but if you talk to them and there is a conneciton, use that connection.

for instance
>work at wal mart
>talking to girl at check out about the movie she is buying
>oh, this is a great horror film, i love horror
>oh em gee, me too
>have you seen the trailer for the new paranormal activity? its supposed to be even shittier than the first 5 combined!
>oh em gee, of course! I am a girl so i find paranormal activity to be ground breaking truly horrifying films
>thats horrible, but hey, I'm going to check it out this weekend if you wanna go.

at the very least you can say
>we should get together and talk about it some more.

and if they seem interested trade numbers. it helps to have a business card you can hand them to avoid awkwardness.

but generally if its at work there should be a genuine obvious interests. dont take risks there.
>>
>>16997672
I work at a restaurant. She was wearing a sun dress and I was checking her out. I'm pretty sure she noticed but we just kind of made eye contact for a few seconds. Then she asked me for something when I was standing right next to her waitress, all of which add up to tell me she was attracted to me.

Also, thanks for that greentext, that was pretty hysterical.
>>
>>16997720

not much you can do in that scenario i dont think, but if you dont think your boss will notice, do some low key flirting. its actually common for even ugly fat creepy waiters to be like 'AND WHAT CAN I GET YOU PRETTY LADIES TONIGHT?' and the girls just laugh and have a good time.

so see what happens, jsut be careful, stop when its not wanted.
>>
>>16997748
Noted. Seems like I won't have many chances to hit on girls at work, if at all.
>>
>>16997634
>I was the employee and she was a customer
You can definitely get fired for this
>>
>>16997766
My work is actually pretty casual. And they would honestly struggle without me, so at the very worst, I'm sure I would get a stern taliking-to.
>>
>>16997855

its a little hard to as a waiter. not impossible. id say, see how friendly they are. it shoudl develop naturally. the only push you need to give is being a little more talkative than 'hey whats your order?'

sometimes saying 'how are oyu ladies tonight? any fun plans?' taking a whole minute to talk to them can make one see you as a person and not as an order taking machine

outside of work feel free to force it.
>>
>>16997879
I'm a cook haha. I only came out for some water.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.