[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pic unrelated I am at lesson at univeristy (colege for americans),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: metal abstract1.jpg (599 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
metal abstract1.jpg
599 KB, 2560x1440
pic unrelated

I am at lesson at univeristy (colege for americans), at the start of the lesson I asked the substitute prof if I may record the lesson as I always do.
She said a single imperative "No."

Shall I go up to her at the end of the lesson and ask her the specific reason for which I can't record her, as it's a clear mean for me and my classmates to become a better physicians as we can study easier and better?

Or shall I avoid confrontation as she might just be that much of an unreasonable bitch and it would be pointless to argue if not harming (she'll teach us as role teacher in two years time)
>>
Why do you need to record lectures? If you're paying attention, you shouldn't need to. Also it's a matter of copyright and intellectual property, it's not just her being a bitch. Don't just assume she's being retarded when you don't understand the whole situation
>>
File: metal abstract2.jpg (585 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
metal abstract2.jpg
585 KB, 2560x1440
>>16995057

OP here

They don't give us anything (some people take photos of the slides), there isn't even a sillabus.
I know taking notes should be enough, but why should I unnecessarily complicate my life?
Give that i miss a word (they speak without microphone) or that they speak too fast.
They don't even tell us which book should we study on. I am honeslty baffled by this as lives will depend on our preparation.

This said, I didn't know lessons were copyrighted. Could you please tell me where this copyright database is? If I am not wrong for something to be copyrighted it must be licensed somewhere.
>>
>>16995065
You're a moron, there is no copyright database. Copyright attaches automatically and doesn't need to be registered or licenced.
>>
Taking notes would "unnecessarily complicate [your] life?"

Holy shit. Kill yourself.
>>
OP here again

I looked at the law of my county, lessons are not protected by copyright as long as they don't contain innovative content created by the proffessor himself. AKA if the lesson is pure notionistical exposition of the subject the lesson is NOT copyrighted.

So the lesson is NOT copyrighted. What should I do again?
>>
>>16995076

You should pay attention and take notes, stupid asshole. If she doesn't want you to record it, well, that's just how it is.
>>
File: jxonV3j.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jxonV3j.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
>>16995075
OP here

No idiot.

I am saying taking note is not enough.
There is no way I can rewrite the harrison by taking notes. My notes are obviously incomplete, if I could record, I at least would know what to looks for better and from which prespective (the one the prof deems important)

To complicate my life is not to use all the means I have to study better.
>>
>>16995079
OP here, first useful comment of this thread.

Cya and thanks
>>
OP, retards who replied before me have obviously never undertaken higher learning. Don't talk to the prof, it's pointless. She's already done her damage, just go to your next vlass/get lunch and forget about it.

For all you other idiots:
Audio recording lectures is totally normal and highly recommended by a lot of people, including professors. Why you think making a copy of the lesson for later use is unreasonable is beyond me. You literally pay 25-50 dollars a class depending where you go.
>>
>>16995080

So you suck at taking notes and retaining lectures. That must make your life pretty complicated!

Bottom line is: if she doesn't want you to, it's going to bring you nothing but trouble if you do. Learn to be more effective in class.
>>
>>16995086
You're a absolute retard if you think that it's perfectly okay to record lectures without getting permission first.
>>
>>16995086
>>16995087
OP here, thanks both, I am writing during a pause in which the role prof seems will take over after.

>>16995094
I always ask permission first, that's how she said no.
>>
>>16995053
Professor (not yours) writing here.

There are legitimate reasons why a lecturer might not want to be recorded. In no particular order,

It can be disruptive or distracting, to her or to the students around you.
Her material may be part of a book she's writing and your recording could threaten her ability to copyright it.
She may fear that you will sell the recording to other students or in some way profit from her work
The awareness of being recorded makes her nervous and affects the quality of her teaching.
She just doesn't want to.

In years of teaching I have been asked only twice for permission to record, once from a hearing-impaired student who had trouble absorbing information the first time he heard it, once from a blind student who found recording less disruptive of the class than taking notes in Braille. Barring legitimate reasons like that, I would not be inclined to allow recording, for some of the reasons above.
>>
>>16995109
Op here, I am very thankful for you input.
Will keep this in mind in the future
>>
>>16995094
Alright well I'm not an absolute retard.

Secondly - I'll record whatever the fuck I want to record, and then I'm going to listen to it 5 times afterwards, and not the professor or the univsersity is going to know. Because I'm smart.

Enjoy living by the rules kiddo
>>
>>16995107
>I always ask permission first, that's how she said no.
That post was addressed to the other anon who thinks the rest of us haven't attended higher learning.
>>
>>16995115
>Alright well I'm not an absolute retard.
You're not convincing anyone.
>>
>>16995120
>still asks permission to record his professor

Neither are you
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.