[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
resenting your significant other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 417x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 417x700
does this happen to anyone else?

so I fell in love with a girl and later realized it was the worst decision. my gf has massive mental issues, cries a lot, is high maintenance and very difficult and on top of that she isn't that pleasant, demands a lot, is incredibly needy and high maintenance, uses my money, doesn't put out that much, and is fat and not that attractive.

She's hysterical about something once a week, is suicidal every 4 months. After a year of this it becomes draining and incredibly taxing on a man's emotional health. The relationship revolves around her issues.

recently she was suicidal and i had to spend 5 days with her 24/7 to make sure she doesn't kill herself and once she was fine she basically told me to leave because she needed some alone time. I was really bothered by this. Then she was in a funk and I tried to get her out of the house because she hadn't left in days and she was being a fucking an idiot and wouldn't even make an effort to help herself despite me helping her and trying to get her some fresh air and when she finally did leave the house to go out we got in an argument.
>>
>>16994817
is that her? good god she sounds like a nightmare
>>
A few days ago I become incredibly depressed, rethought my life including my relationship and was incredibly repulsed by her. So I became distant and kinda ignored her only sending 3 word replies for 3 days. This caused my crazy gf to freak out. She kept asking me if I was going to break up with her and I said no. It wasn't on purpose and I told her I was fine several times but she picked up on it. She called my hysterical and sad saying I shouldn't do this to her and I should apologize for ignoring her and making her feel terrible.

I feel bad about it. I don't want to make her sad. but at the same time I have a difficult time apologizing for my resent towards her actions. I don't see why I should apologize for being depressed and needing some time away from her. At times I feel she's suffocating and need to be away from her, the resentment builds up.

This whole thing got way bigger and she is VERY upset and she's framing me as the bad guy. She's crying like crazy on the phone asking me to please apologize

What should I do?
>>
>>16994817
Jesus

Break up with her. She's not your problem.

If she threatens to kill herself, call her parents, 'x keeps threatening to kill herself if I break up with her. I feel trapped and I need your help'

But DESU just cut her off.
>>
>>16994821
For one, don't apologize, you have a right to ask for some time alone after dealing with such heavy stuff.

Second, from what you've described there is no real upside to the relationship. I can't really think of a single reason for you to stay with her. If you resent her, and you don't like her personality, then why are you with her? Unless there is more to it, break it off.
>>
>>16994819

I both resent and love her at the same time. I'm honestly at loss of what to do.
>>
>>16994822
>>16994822

Her dad isn't really around and her mom is just as unstable. She has no family and I'm left with the burden of constantly providing stability to her roller coaster emotions. It's honestly very fucking draining.

I know I should break up with her but I never do.
>>
Was she like this when you first met her?

>demands a lot, is incredibly needy and high maintenance, uses my money, doesn't put out that much, and is fat and not that attractive.

A lot of women are like that. Most likely every woman you meet WON'T seem like that because you don't know them. I'd say half women are like that and the ones that aren't are so self-dependent that they won't need your ass and might even wear the pants in the relationship. If you're looking for that then just learn how to spot them. Usually they have jobs, already have boyfriends, are cool and shit. Real wife material just fuck men up and put men in the doghouse.

>She's hysterical about something once a week, is suicidal every 4 months

Alright, this is where it seems like she really may be the problem. How long have you been together? how old are you and her? and do you both have jobs?. Does she have family nearby? do you communicate with them?
>>
>>16994817
I had a chick like that I told her to fuck off. she didn't take it to well
>>
>>16994817
Nope doesn't happen to me because even the slightest hint of that shit character you described your girlfriend with, would have driven me and any other normal guy away BEFORE a relationship even started with her.
>>
>>16994840
>She has no family and I'm left with the burden
Be aware that YOU don't have any burden. As a mom of three kids I tell you she IS the burden of her fucking parents, not yours. They fucked her up, their problem to fix her again.
She's just a stranger to you so break up and be done with it.
Don't get me wrong I had issues myself and my husband helped me fix myself over the years. But I loved him and made a big effort and always, ALWAYS cared for him and the relationship/marriage.
She clearly doesn't love you, if she did, she'd be a lot more considerate after that much time into the relationship.

Have more respect for yourself. You have needs too and are only human.
>>
If that's her in the pic l, I'll take her after break up
>>
I grew to resent the woman I love and married. She is the mother of my children and we have been together for over 10 years.

I find her sexually attractive and compliment her on her appearances, I give her affection and attention.. All that I ask for in return is that she finds me attractive and sexy. She says she does, but she cannot get intimate with me without feeling forced. Every time I initiate I get met with sighs and a sort of "lets get it over with" mentality. This made me resent her. A lot.

I've since then stepped out of my marriage occasionally, to make myself feel wanted and loved. This works, I can get what I want from other women and remain the good father to my children at home and the caring husband to her. She doesn't ask me why I don't initiate anymore.. I guess she is glad? I just can't face the rejection anymore. I'm a young man in my prime, I'm good looking and can get women that are far more attractive than her (and have done so) but I can't think of a life without her.

It's sad, the things that go through the mind of a man. If only she gave her husband the attention any man deserves..We would have been the perfect couple.

Situation is changing now, sadly.. Since I'm falling hard for my current partner. I hope I will have the strength to remain with my wife, I do love her. We don't fight and we have a good atmosphere for our kids... But honestly, this other woman... Holy shit, she is amazing.
>>
>>16995213
>Since I'm falling hard for my current partner.
Stop fucking with her.
Why didn't you talk about your sadness and feelings about rejection way before cheating on your wife anyways? Divorce if you can't find a way for you both to be happy instead of cheating then bawwing about it on 4chan.
>>
i'm the most lost i've been in a while

my ex and my best friend secretly fucked multiple times behind my back. i'v been together with her for a year.

her reasoning is i had been cold to her because apparently i was treating her like shit and being cold not responsive to her. she thought i was about to break up with her
i wasn't. i was just depressed

they saw 4 times in 3 week period. i've read their chat logs. they conversed that they what they were doing was horrible and expressed regret and hatred towards themselves

she is currently breaking down, freaking out, saying she doesn't deserve me and is begging me for forgiveness . she is threating to end herself and is cutting herself and shit

i've already beat the living shit out of this friend.
he's also cried to me out of guilt and forgiveness and claims he did it out of vulnerability because of how horrible he felt that his recent gf broke up with him.

she tells me she was vulnerable, blackout drunk, and weak everytime. he would enable her, manipulate he with affection and get her drunk.

i've never had this happen. i'm confused.

i still love her as an individual. she's the closest person i have. and i'm the closest person she has. these are facts

i hate the fact that she is still my 'distant partner' for the time being as i'm figuring out what to do

i don't know what to do
i'm so confused
can this be salvaged??
>>
>>16994817
Leave her. Her mental health will either get worse or stay at current levels. If she kills herself that is her decision and in no way would it be your fault. Can't believe you even made it a year man. You deserve better. After the breakup you will realize that you're better off without her and will regret not leaving earlier.
>>
>>16995720
Cut off all ties with both of them, that's your only option. There is no salvaging this, but it's not too late to salvage your self respect.
>>
>>16994817
PAWG PAWG PAWG PAWG PAWG

Get her medical help then doggy style.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.