[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I'm really lost in my life I don't really enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: puzzle-wall-e-i-eva-496-jpg.jpg (32 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
puzzle-wall-e-i-eva-496-jpg.jpg
32 KB, 640x426
Guys I'm really lost in my life

I don't really enjoy going to uni, I get really bad waves of depression, I have no friends and am slowly distancing from my family. No job either even for the summer, I just don't really know what I should do. My grades are abysmal but my past semesters should keep me high enough to not fail out this semester. But I am REALLY lost and I just don't know what to do at all. I just spend every day trying to escape with videogames, movies, music, reading

I just don't feel any purpose or passion and haven't for years.
Does anybody who has been in a similar situation have any advice or help? I've tried making changes before but that never works without responsibility.
>>
I'm in a similar problem, but not too exact. Someone give us their thoughts =)
>>
>>16994600
50-60% of the board, the post
>>
That is why I'm here right now; you sound like where I expect to be in 6-8 months. Everyone tells me I'm smart and I can usually learn anything I want as long as it interests me (I usually absorb myself into something wholly and completely). Problem is, nothing interests me and I'm going to college to "figure things out". All I guess I want is for people to get off my back and to feel like I'm living life, free. But the few jobs I work make me feel awful; I don't just want to grind to live to sleep to grind and etc.

Probably just came out as tldr bullshit, but I felt like venting.
>>
>>16994608
Forgot to add,

I'm in an almost identical situation, but the only answer ive come up for it is to just swallow it and work harder in school. It wont make me happy in the end, but it will certainly prevent the consequences if i did not.

Personally i found that pursuing your passions in uni is overall dumb. You should be pursuing your passions on your own accord and leisure.

I have no idea however, how to ignite passion and a feeling of purpose in ones life.
>>
>>16994622
I don't feel like anyone can. Could be me being edgy, but we are biological machines made to love for survival and reproduction. There isnt any reason for any of this, even people with seemingly important purpose like Ghandi or MLK are only relevant for a short time; look at how we are missing their messages away.

IMO there is no purpose, shit happens be cause it does and we exist to continue existing. Wow I wish I could believe in a religion, but I think that ship has sailed for me. Religion is a great coping mechanism.
>>
>>16994635
Pissing, damn you autocorrect
>>
read Nietzsche
>>
yep that was my situation, rode it out until I was a semester away from getting kicked out, then withdrew from school. Whole thing was on my parents money and they had no idea I'd been having problems for years. Things were very tense at home for a while but I got a job and they got over it.

Judging from your OP I assume you failed a bunch of classes this semester? I'd take that as a sign that whatever mental state you're in now its not one where you can make college work. Leave now rather than later, once you sort things out and find a different direction you'd rather be going in you can always finish your studies then.

Or not, college isn't for everyone and that's ok. But don't keep drifting, be proactive.
>>
>>16994735
No, I don't think thats for me. I have a year and a half left, I don't think I should just give up and I made the thread hoping for something to help me out of this rut and start working towards being OK with my current situation.
>>
>>16994815
well why did you get bad grades this semester?
>>
>>16994896
I didn't study or go to class when I needed to. Also missed the first month of two of my classes because I registered wrong. That fucked me up on the first two midterms for those classes and I never really recovered.

My attendance and classwork has improved from there though, but the grades are unsalvageable. I mean I am making a lot of excuses but I mean there are clear benefits for getting a degree in anything, even if I fucking hate it, because it's the difference between working in a shit office job, worst-case scenario, and working in a grocery store for 14 dollars an hour.

The problem is just my state of mind, not the situation I think. I'm being given everything in the world essentially and if I can just manage to not permanently fuck everything up and graduate my life will be OK at least. You know maybe >>16994635 is right and the church can help set me on my feet if I use it as a coping mechanism for starters.
>>
>>16994923
do you think you can commit yourself to always going to class moving forward?

A big problem for me was that I was always up playing video games or browsing the internet all night then I'd sleep when I was supposed to be going to class. I think if I ever went back to school I'd have to go without a computer and just use the ones in the school library for assignments. That's just me, but food for thought if you have similar problems.
>>
>>16994932
i think it would be a very good idea to leave my computer at school

I got around sleeping past early classes by a good alarm and a backup on my phone, but that is a problem when it gets really bad. It's not even out of enjoyment that I was always consuming media, it was just because I didn't want to face reality.

The problem with this is always how cyclical it is, I can't seem to be able to always on point but sometimes I feel great. Just most people don't even have to try to function normally and turn in assignments on time, that's what I want for myself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.