[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys help me pick a course for college ?(im already 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Doctors-and-Lawyers.jpg (30 KB, 417x323) Image search: [Google]
Doctors-and-Lawyers.jpg
30 KB, 417x323
Can you guys help me pick a course for college ?(im already 18 cause i started a bit late)
At this point im between Law or Medicine,
I find law appealing cause im interested in politics and got good in English and ok in reading
but i like medicine cause my Dads a doctor and it gives me the possibility of working abroad, also human anatomy is pretty cool

So far everyones been leaning to medicine,
what do you think?
>>
We can't answer this for you, they're two completely different things. I will say that if you're basing law of what you've seen in pop culture and the media, you're going to be sorely disappointed
>>
>>16994262
Fuck that. You won't care about the subject when you do it every day all day. Ask yourself the important questions.
Do you want to work in office all day?
Do you want to work on something technical, or spend all your time talking to people?
Do you want to do something manual with your hands, or something that takes a lot of thought with very little moments of action?

That is far more important than the other shit, believe me. I love computers, but I fucking hate my current job because I work in an office with no windows and there's not enough work for me to do in a day. Don't end up hating your job just because you thought it wouldn't matter what you did for eight hours every day.
>>
>>16994271
i guess thats true, i would the same applies to medicine but my Dad tells me how he's seen some weird shit in his career.
>>16994286
So is this siding towards law or Medicine?
Honestly i think with both the answer is yes to all of those questions
>>
>>16994262
First of all, the generic "doctor or lawyer" shit is a terrible question. Don't get suckered into picking between 2 careers just because those are the ones your parents like, especially since these particular 2 usually have some of the most grueling and expensive education programs. And medicine is a uniquely bad profession to choose on your parents' whims, for (what should be) obvious reasons.

Like >>16994286 said, what do you actually like doing? Some tips:
** List your favorite subjects in school
** List your hobbies/interests
** List the things you'd want in your dream job
** Describe your personality and the way you relate to others

>>
lawyer here, don't ruin your life like I did
>>
>>16994325
1. Growing up science was the most enjoyable, but i had the highest grade in English, also i sucked at math
2.vidya and browsing the web
3. Helping society and decent pay
4.Im not exactly the most sociable person but im not bad at it either, and i have ADHD, which means studying can be a bit difficult at times but i seem to have it under control
>>
>>16994474
>Growing up science was the most enjoyable, but i had the highest grade in English, also i sucked at math
Any specific scientific fields that interested you? Biology, chemistry, physics, geology, astronomy, etc?

>>16994474
>2.vidya and browsing the web
Really no other hobbies/interests? When you "browse the web", what specifically are you drawn to? Do you read science blogs, post on /fa/ or /ck/, etc?

>4.Im not exactly the most sociable person but im not bad at it either, and i have ADHD, which means studying can be a bit difficult at times but i seem to have it under control
Generic. How would your friends describe you? Lazy/hardworking? introvert/extrovert? patient/impatient? intelligent/average/dull? technical? artistic? creative? attention to detail? charisma? etc?

Also, try to describe an ideal workday for you. This:
>3. Helping society and decent pay
are generic, vague ideas that many jobs can fulfill, the point is to think of concrete features that make a job enjoyable/unenjoyable for you. Examples:
>i like travelling frequently / i don't like having to travel for a job
>i would enjoy white-collar office work / i hate cubicles
>i'd like to interact directly with people / i prefer less interaction
>i'd love a creative job and field / i'm not very creative
>i like intellectual challenges / i like physical challenges
>etc
>>
>>16994331
Why is it ruined senpai?
>>
>>16994531
1.biology and astronomy were cool as a kid but got harder as i grew up
2.im a fan of film and really do like watching how they're made, normally either science vids or media in general,
3.Friends used to say i was smart but lazy , im making real efforts to change that, they used to say i was autistic but ive sorta grown out of that i guess
4.i love travelling and i know that my dad goes on work trips all the fucking time, i guess i like hands on things and hopefully less repetitive work, i dont exactly want to work alone but id prefer to work with few colleagues and i guess id prefer to be self employed later in my career
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.