[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian /adv/ice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9
File: workers.jpg (46 KB, 724x446) Image search: [Google]
workers.jpg
46 KB, 724x446
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

Join us for some live prayer and worship!
https://www.youtube.com/user/IHOPkc/live
>>
>inb4 fight between Protestants and Catholics
>>
File: teaching.jpg (58 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
teaching.jpg
58 KB, 700x350
>>16992535
He Who Is Not Against Us Is for Us (Mark 9:38-41)

John answered Him, “Teacher, we saw one who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he was not following us.”

But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who does a miracle in My name can quickly speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is for us. Truly I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, will not lose his reward."

Many Christians who claim to be such do not truly know Him. In the Bible, Jesus says, "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11). Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, no one goes to the Father except through Him. These doctrinal divisions are due to men, and they are not of God. It is not man's way, but God's way, through Jesus Christ, the lamb slain for our sins. Jesus says that, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)
>>
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Then Peter came to him and said, “Lord, how many times must I forgive my brother who sins against me? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “Not seven times, I tell you, but seventy-seven times! (Matthew 18:21-22)

Officer Ali Perez was nearly killed while serving a warrant on a suspected pedophile. During a shoot out, Jesus appears to Ali and asks him to bless the man who was determined to take his life. The doctor told him that he would not make it. Jesus saves his life. He also forgave him who almost killed him. I may consider this is near death experience but it may be not. It looks like he was not unconscious at the time of injured. Whatever case it fit, this is great miracle. We all have one life! We don't know when we die. Do you know Jesus! Jesus loves you! He wants to spend time with you in heaven. It is time to repent your sins and believe in Jesus as your Savior. Then you can go to heaven and spend eternity with Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys_eR6i4fGM
>>
>>16992628
I'm a hypocritical Christian. I want to be closer to Christ. I feel terrible for my sins. But I just keep doing it....
>>
File: knock.jpg (10 KB, 236x344) Image search: [Google]
knock.jpg
10 KB, 236x344
>>16992653
Fellow brother, I was exactly in your shoes. We are all sinners, including me. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:23-24). And the fact that you listened to the Holy Spirit to convict you of your guilt is a very important first step

God will never give us more than we can handle: “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it." (Deuteronomy 30:11-14). No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

However, this is why it is important to work on your faith: So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. (James 2:17). Jesus specifically commanded us to STRIVE through the narrow gate. Perhaps now is a good time for you to start reading the Bible cover-to-cover and to start praying and repenting of your sins DAILY. God looks at the heart, Satan targets your ego and pride. Get in the Spirit and seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit). Jesus knocking on your heart is in a sense Him waiting for you, you need to start seeking him actively. He is real. NOW is the time to start, not tomorrow, not later today, but RIGHT NOW

Read the Bible cover-to-cover http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/reading-plans/
Listen to the Bible cover-to-cover https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLURWfUEJXnMHlFqYqDAtRzLMJ4RumvvOo
>>
I feel so lost in my church. I don't really like it that much except for the preacher, but my husband has gone there since he was like ten years old (15+ years ago) and refuses to leave even though he feels almost exactly the same way I do about it. It's just way too big and we both hate the music, to the extent of showing up at least ten minutes late every Sunday so we can miss most of it. I want to be involved and make friends, but the small groups our church has don't meet on days/times we're available. There's no Sunday school or anything like that. I don't know what to do.

I try to pray about it, but my faith is so low. I'm extremely lost, but when I call out to God for help I feel nothing. Or when I do feel comfort, I don't know what to do next. I've been "saved" so many times I've lost count, but then I fall back into the despair.

I hate myself.
>>
>>16993305
You should read the bible more. I know how you feel losing faith, reading inspirational verses about God's infinite wisdom, love and mercy always brings that spark back. Being Catholic I personally dont believe in being born again. Being saved is a lifelong test for me. Talk to your husband. Maybe he will consider looking into a new Parish. Just remember Jesus loves us and is always listening. He wants whats best and maybe this difficulty youre having is a sign to try something new. God bless.
>>
>>16993305
You just want to be an atheist so you can sin!
>>
Not a Christian by any means, but anytime I feel like I'm fucking up, I remember the parable of the barren fig tree. I know that I have incredibly gifts even though they're not visible to me, and it would be a loss to waste them. And then when I remember the story, I motivate myself into being better so I can utilize my gifts.
>>
>>16993362
Even for non-christrians, the bible offers many great life lessons and morals to consider.
>>
File: set-a-fire.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
set-a-fire.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>>16993305
Your experience of feeling distant from God is very common, many -- including myself -- have felt distant at times. In fact, the psalmist King David doubted God's existence, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning? O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; And in the night season, and am not silent." (Psalm 22:1-2). Even Jesus Christ, the Son of God Himself, while He was crucified on the cross cried out: "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46b)

Jesus said in His Word, "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." (Matthew 5:8). Seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit). Go DIRECTLY to Jesus and cast all your troubles and anxiety on Him. He is alive. Do not give up, stay strong. We are in a spiritual battle. Remember when Joshua lost the battle at Ai because of one sin. Rid of yourselves of any demonic strongholds, and cast them out in Jesus' name. Pray DAILY. There is power in the name of Jesus

I asked the Lord, “Why did You make music for us?” The Lord said, “It helps the heart physically and the Spiritual body. When I made music, it was for the HEART not the ears."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NiVP04NEfQ
>>
I've been waiting for this thread. Please don't spew Bible verses at me. I know the Bible. I want YALL'S thoughts, not those of the Apostle Paul or even Christ. I KNOW those truths. I want to know your's.

Someone I consider a very close friend who professes Christ, and I KNOW he loves Jesus because I've seen him in action in his life, and I just KNOW he is not only a believer, but someone who loves Christ and wants to follow him. Well, he's about to sleep with a girl he met at a party. He is actively seeking out this sin. And it has absolutely broken my heart, because he has told me, to my face, that he is trying so hard to stay on the straight and narrow, but this is his ultimate vice. Before he was a Christian, he was with a different girl all the time, but since meeting Jesus, he's been abstaining from sex because he knows God's word now. But it seems he's falling into it again, and I just don't know what to do for him.

He's gotta make his own decisions, but I'm just not confident or brave enough to tell him that this is a bad idea.

Help?
>>
File: prodigal.jpg (38 KB, 788x296) Image search: [Google]
prodigal.jpg
38 KB, 788x296
>>16993334
Back then, I made a conscious decision to become an atheist because I loved sin more than I loved God

The devil has soft warm lips. When you kiss him and make love with him you will not get lasting satisfaction. It is all short-lived

The love of Jehovah is lasting and is always fulfilling. There is no Greater Love than this. Remember, walk in the Spirit of Jehovah and Jesus Christ; and the Holy Spirit will show you the way to Heaven. Fleshly love does not last. It is here today and gone tomorrow. Get yourself in the Spirit and seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit). Pray, pray, and pray and God will listen. Jesus says in His Word, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)

Lovers deserve to be with each other. We all have to make a conscious decision to overcome sin and temptation and choose Jesus. The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your countenance fallen? If you do well, shall you not be accepted? But if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. It desires to dominate you, but you must rule over it.” (Genesis 4:6-7). Jesus said, "Watch and pray that you enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41)
>>
File: christ-in-the-wilderness.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3507) Image search: [Google]
christ-in-the-wilderness.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3507
>>16993442
Fast and pray for him
>>
Whenever I pray I feel like God is upset with me. The bible says not to bargain with the Lord yet I always ask to help me through my addictions only to crawl back to them. Am I selfish? Should I be praying for others rather than myself?
>>
File: altar.jpg (49 KB, 736x865) Image search: [Google]
altar.jpg
49 KB, 736x865
>>16993476
You should absolutely be praying for yourself. Jesus said in His Word, Ask and it shall be given unto you. Jesus even prayed for Himself at the Garden of Gethsemane before His crucifixion

Pray, repent of your sins, ask Jesus to give you strength to overcome temptation: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13a). Perhaps this testimony will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4-vKIfAhsQ&t=10m31s
>>
Is it a sin to read the words of other prophets who are not Christ? I am referring to Abraham, Moses, Muhammed, Ezekiel. Are we not all brothers and sisters under the Lord?
>>
>>16993589
Those prophets were in the old testament but believe me, they came in Christ's name. Jesus himself said he is not abolishing old law, but rather fulfilling it
>>
File: glorify.jpg (9 KB, 180x189) Image search: [Google]
glorify.jpg
9 KB, 180x189
>>16993589
Muhammed wasn't in the Old Testament and is a false prophet along the same lines of Joseph Smith and Ron L. Hubbard

It is generally accepted the last book of the Bible -- Revelation -- was written around 95 AD. Islam was generally believed to have started around 610 AD. Fully 500 years after the last book of the Bible

There are many prophets in the Bible. Some true, some false. Balaam, son of Beor, was a very famous prophet in ancient times, but he wasn't a prophet of God although he acknowledged God showed favor upon Israel. The Bible centers around Jesus Christ as the Messiah. The Saviour of Mankind

Don't be deceived. In fact, Jesus says in the Bible, "This is how you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and is already in the world." (1 John 4:2-3). Those who confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour are saved. Jesus is the ONLY way. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)

Bill Wiese - Only Jesus Could Have Been The Messiah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBLc94R2LxQ
>>
>>16993589
You can't be a Christian without acknowledging the authority with which Abraham, Moses, and Ezekiel.
Also Christians don't view Jesus as a prophet and will never refer to him as such.
Muhammad isn't a prophet according to Christian theology and agreeing with his views would make a you Muslim, not a Christian.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.