[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my live-in bf moved out today. we're broken up, and i cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1456644458074.jpg (737 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456644458074.jpg
737 KB, 1920x1080
my live-in bf moved out today. we're broken up, and i cant stop crying. i dont want to get offline because if i stop distracting myself i start crying its 5am i just want to sleep but it hurts to bad
>>
>>16990959
and its going to continue to hurt. recovery is usually a gradual process in situations like this. what you need is more distractions, and i suggest distracting yourself with something productive and/or profitable.
>>
>>16990981
th..thanks
>>
>>16990959
Don't lure yourself.
You WILL get better, but it will hurt a lot first. It's not fun, but you just have to go through this. What's remaining of your love for him will slowly turn into pain, and you will have to process it until there's nothing left.
Then you will be able to rebuild yourself and try again. I'm going through the exact same thing right now. It's very hard, but it's like that.
I started working out to improve myself and started to channel my pain into will. I guess it's a solution.
Sorry for what happened to you. Be strong.
>>
>>16991009
thank you

i can't stop thinking about getting him back. i broke up with him to begin with, but he was firm about leaving when i suggested we try some new things.

hes said he might want to get together in a year or two, and i cant get that off my mind. i just want it to happen -now-
>>
Woman up and stop being a crybaby.
You're a strong and independent woman and this man was an animal who treated you like a sex object.

It doesn't matter if he gave the impression he was different because all men are like this, it's their nature.
>>
>>16991015
>hes said he might want to get together in a year or two

Oh common, what the fuck?
Please don't "wait for him" noone deserves that no matter how fantastic they are.

He probably wants to "live his life", which means bang some young chicks before he gets to old, then he wants you to be the mother of his children.
>>
>>16991015
And I want my girlfriend to tell me that dumping me for that guy is just a bad joke, but we don't always get what we want.
Just let it go. Even though he comes back, it will never be the same, and you know it. Getting back with someone you dumped/was dumped by is never a viable solution. You're willing to do that because you still have feelings for him, but they will starve to death eventually.
I"ve been through that kind of phase several times. I just kept myself mindlessly busy until I started to get better.
I won't lie, it will take time, and you will suffer a lot in the process, but it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>16991020
im not a woman
>>
>>16991023
no we're not 'taking a break' we broke up because a lot of our interactions resulted in arguing or crying, basically being ineffective at communicating feelings, probably a result of not being emotionally mature in the first place, therefore we broke up to figure our shit out.
>>
>>16991032
Stop being a faggot then, that's probably the reason why you're miserable.
>>
>>16991030
youre right.

>>16991032
thats not me i am a grill
>>
i went through this pretty recently and i can assure you that in a month you'll have no idea what you even felt like today. you're going to feel sad and you should let yourself be upset and work your feelings out for a while. however, no matter what you do these feelings will dissipate over time and soon you won't even remember why you really wanted this guy to stay anyways.

and as for him saying he wants to get back together in a year or two... don't listen to that. people change constantly and what the both of you want in a person will probably change a lot in 1-2 years. don't wait for him! go out and live your life and discover what you want and don't want in someone new. more importantly though, discover more things about yourself and how the world can benefit you now.

the period after a breakup sucks, but if you utilize it properly you can discover so many new things about yourself and grow as a person better than ever. i wish you lots of luck and good vibes, OP.
>>
you think bf leave big problem? Fuck you spoiled american cunt. Try live in poverty, have child but nothing to eat and neighbor try to kill you for kidney. That real problem.
>>
>>16990959
Story time what happened?
>>
I propose you kill yourself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.