[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ouch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: received_1011860475503888.jpg (46 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
received_1011860475503888.jpg
46 KB, 1024x683
What is your most regretful break up?
Why did it happen?
>>
>>16990181

i broke up with a girl cuz i found out she'd been going to the gym with her ex (who i often clashed with). she had been doing this for months and never mentioned that they went together, and often just talked shit about him.

she tried to make it up to me, she did soem weird hand engraved mirror thing, where the mirror is sandblasted with a certain design.

the design was specific to me, and had the quote 'ever have one of those days' which i was famous for saying back then, i intended to give it back to her and say sorry but it wouldnt work out. i accidentally stepped on it the day i was supposed to return it, so gave it to her in pieces. as you can imagine everyone hated me for that.

it was a silly highschool fling, i was moving at the end of the year anyway, so it was no big deal. but i regret not just getting over it. girl was hot.
>>
>>16990189
Oh, that is genuinely upsetting.
I would take the fact that you stepped on it by an accident as an actual, psychological end to the relationship. I dont know, I believe in these things.
>>
>>16990207

maybe. i lived in really tiny military housing so had placed it on the floor by my backpack while i reached for something else, then heard a crack and realized hat i had stepped on it.

either way its not a big deal. it was an art project for school she just happened to use images specific to me.
>>
>>16990207
>>16990223

sad yeah, and years later she claimed nothing happened, but it all felt odd to me anyway. i dont think i ever had real feeligns for her or anything, i was a total docuhe that year anyway.
>>
Ehh, I've been hurt more catching feelings after a one night stand than going through any break up, I thought it automatically meant I had a shot lol. But fuck. Worst breakup I had was back In December and I was fine about breaking up until a week later when I found out why she had left me. After two years of dating she had left me for her ex whom she had only dated for 2 months, and it was 4 years prior. Wasn't really hurt, no regret was felt. 2 years is a long time, but in retrospect, I dodged a bullet.
>>
>>16990225
Well, to be fair, once I have drawn a portrait of my ex boyfriend. I dont know, i tried my best, I am pretty good ay drawing, and he really hated it. I think that it hurts someone more if you dont appreciate something they made for you with their own hands, even if it's just a school art project.
>>
>>16990238

the 24 hours with that mirror was probably the thing i appreciated the most to be quite honest.

just hte words 'you ever have one of those days?' made me go crazy.
>>
>>16990244
My most regretful break up was when he left with no explanation for another girl when I loved him the most.

He shattered my heart into one million little piece. I miss him so much, but now I don't even think he loved me. It hurts to wake up and look for his body and scent and realise he is with another girl now and that I will never experience him again.

This sucks.
>>
>>16990260

is this why you made the thread? hoping someone would ask you the question back the nsaying 'fuck it' when no one did?

maybe just open with it next time
>>
>>16990263
No, why? I feel obliged to respond to my own question. If you have nothing to say about the topic of the thread, go to one that is of more interest to you.
>>
>>16990278

im the guy you just had the conversation with.

>i feel obliged to respond to my own question

only because you specifically asked it wanting to talk about it.
>>
>>16990286
I dont know, i like talking about the subject in general, I can relate to many under this topic. If i didnt want to talk about it I would not have opened the thread.
>>
>>16990294

of course, but you could have just opened with your story and asked advice, isntead of faking a genuine interest in others then vomiting your story up when no one asked.

just my advice. i mean its obvious recent.

etiher way good luck
>>
>>16990181
Years ago I broke up with a girl I loved very much because I was afraid of facing the fact that we were eventually going to graduate and move away from each other, and I probably wasn't going to see her for a long time, if ever again.
The fear of that future moment got to me so badly that I ended the relationship before we even had a chance to talk about it. I didn't want to go through the terrible part of slowly drifting apart because of the distance between us. What was really the regretful part was how I forced myself to act coldly to her in order to push her away, even though I still loved her, just so I could get it all over with. It was a young and stupid thing to do, and I hate myself for putting her through that. She didn't deserve any of the frustration and sadness I put on her because I was afraid.

We talked about it years after our breakup, and we're on friendly terms now, but I still regret doing all of that. She's happy now with someone she met after me, so that's a plus. It's not much, but it's something.
>>
I broke up with my ex 1.5 years after I should have.

I had doubts when we renewed a lease together, but didn't say anything. I stayed for no reason--neither of us were happy. I was pretty sure he was cheating, as we had discussed polyamory a number of times during our relationship, and he had gone out with a few men (that I was privy to).

One September evening, after a summer of drinking & avoidance, I stayed up all night with a co-worker (over Mumble). The conversation started at around midnight, and lasted past 7am...I found myself spending more time with this new guy, I lied to my boyfriend (I was not physical with this new guy, might I add) about where I was a couple of times.

Finally decided to break it off after about a week of that.

Moved out and into new guy's house. We've been together over three years, and are now engaged.

Still regrettable. I wish I would have left my ex sooner.
>>
She had her first manic episode and spent a month destroying everything we had together, then went and told everyone she was sorry and missed the bond we had.

We don't talk anymore. Apparently she knows she's bipolar now, but she's still unmedicated and doing a fuck ton of drugs.

Lesson: be careful when they seem like they've got nothing wrong with them. It means they're fucking crazy on the inside
>>
My most regretful breakup happened essentially over 4chan lol.

I was dating a really sweet guy, but he wasn't able to open up to me emotionally or physically, and I was getting bored. I also kept comparing my feelings for him to my feelings for another guy who I liked before, during, and after our relationship.

Being in this situation at such a young age... I posted on /adv/ to fish for opinions. Apparently though, he also browsed 4chan, recognized that it was our situation, and caught me pre-breakup. We had a huge fight that lasted for months, and I always regretted the way I mistreated him, but never got the timing to apologize. It was really all my fault, and since then I've treated all my relationships with the respect and dedication they deserve. Now he's gone though and maybe I'll never be able to sincerely apologize in person...
>>
Well, mine was more of a friendship breakup. I'm a guy, he's a guy, we both generally like girls, but we both became very close very quickly because of a lot of things that just seemed to align so well. Two souls that really understood eachother.

I remember the night I told him how I felt, hahaha, it was weird. He said "I act differently around you", and then we said goodnight and he headed home. I thought i'd fucked up, but I felt at ease with the cool wind passing through the train station at 10pm. We actually got so much closer from that point. At one point he told me he was 'emotionally in love' with me. He said a lot of things to me. I shouldve been more careful of the fact that he's younger, 15, because I think I pressured him to be in a relationship with me because he made it seem like he felt the same. I realise now that the label of being in a relationship wouldnt have changed anything, and I kind of messed up for wanting it so bad. But i'm at the age where I have to think about relationships as a long term commitment. I wanted to keep having fun and making memories, but I wanted the closure that he'd stick by my side first, so we could go back to the fun stuff, i guess.
We had only known eachother for a few months. Stuff got really out of hand though, especially on his end. He put me through a lot of stress and agony. One night he told me he was going to kill himself, and I raced out in tears to make sure he was okay, only to find out it was his idea of a funny joke. I was having anxiety attacks for so long after that and it made me second-guess our friendship. until he told me he loves me again. I dont think I know what I wanted. I don't think he did either.

One night it all got too much. He's 15. I think he's afraid of being gay or something. He'd been pushing me away but then pulling me in, telling me he doesnt care about me but then that he really does. etc etc back and forth. It hurt. (continued)
>>
>>16991947
I told him if we were going to end things, I wanted to do it in person, not online. That's when he took back lots of what he said and started saying he did really care about me and our friendship.. When we talked in person he held my hand. Then we pulled away for a while, then I reached to hold his hand and he looked me in the eye and said "No. That's gay. Men arent supposed to do that to other men. It makes me uncomfortable and i dont want to so i'm not doing it".. after he just had reached out and held mine.. When the conversation was over, and I felt like things were ending, he reassured me we're staying friends, and i kissed him on the cheek. Probably a bad idea. I remember the look of disgust on his face, and the way I felt so stressed afterwards and decided to block his messages on facebook for a few days so I could calm down. By that saturday, I was ready to talk things out, but he blew up. He sent me a really long, vicious message, and I didnt know how to respond, so I screenshotted it and posted it, publicly calling him out for being an asshole. He said he never liked me and was using me for popularity, etc etc. really low jabs. He eventually came back apologising saying it was lies and he did want to be with me. I wouldnt take it though, I was so angry still at how hard he tried to hurt me. When time passed, I eventually reached out to fix things. He was very closed off and blocked me on everything. More time passed and I tried to reach out again. The same stuff happened. Just recently some friends took it into their own hands and made a group chat with him to talk things out, and he opened up about not having any other friends except me, and spending all his time alone now. We told him it didnt have to be that way, but he refused to fix things with me. He made it clear he hates me now and wants things to stay the way they are and for the two of us to have no contact.. I really have lost my best friend. Forever, I guess.
>>
So far I have never regretted a breakup. My life has always improved once I dropped the baggage and all my past partners have been parasitical in some form.

Current relationship may be a game changer though. I don't think were gonna break up anytime soon but I've never actually had my heart invested like I do now. So I hope we don't. Its a rough relationship sometimes due to differences and we both have our issues. But we work hard to understand and love each other at the end of the day. I think about them all the time and go out of my way to make my partner feel cared for.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.