[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im oppressively unhappy with the way my life is i graduated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
im oppressively unhappy with the way my life is

i graduated college recently and can't find a job with my degree. the application process has become more discouraging with time.

im in an unfulfilling
relationship with a unstable suicidal woman that burdens me with her problems

im unmotivated, and only leave the house to run errands

i have no friends, a source of great despondence given my extroverted nature
im tragically lonely
im dissatisfied with myself
i dislike my body
And generally i feel inadequate and inferior to those around me

i can see myself slowly aging as i go through my mid 20s and im going through a quarter life crisis

would older anons care to chime in with advice?
>>
>>16987006

>opressively unhappy

you dont need to add adjectives before your emotions to make them moer valid than all the other whiners.

job hunts suck but thats life right now. its discouraging, but if you make a checklist and force yourself to check things off that list as you do them, it will stop you from slipping into not applying for jobs anymore. keep it up, and in the meantime maybe settle for a non degree job just to bring money in.

>unstable woman

leave her. its not your job to heal her and you know you cant. if she kills herself, that is on her, but she wont, otherwise she woudl have done it already. shes one of the many that martyr themselves by saying 'i want to kill myself but i couldnt do that to the people around me, im so fucking noble'. be careful though OP, you are on a slippery slope to that. dont become your girlfriend. vagina not included.

>i have no friends

easily the most easily fixed thing on this list. hobby shops, meetup.com, and the craigslist discussion section are your friends. no matter how introverted your hobbies there are people out there who want to meet up in person and talk about them.

>im tragically lonely

no, you are just normal lonely, and adding in extra adjectives to make it seem like you are one step more depressed than everyone else. dont do this. you are trying to intensify your emotions to make people take you more seriously, but all it will do is give you a complex where you NEED to be the saddest person in the room and will do anything to be that sad.

>i dislike my body

work out.
>>
>>16987006
Job hunting is the single most depressing, soul-destroying experience known to man.

Once you get a job - and you will eventually, even if it isn't a dream job - everything else will lighten up.
>>
>>16987006
> you pretty much explained ME perfectly (except the bad body part and suicidal girl friend [but she is bipolar])
> post a picture of what I LOVE most on a woman; meaty, white thighs! <3 I love biting my girlfriend's thighs because they look JUST like pic related

I've been in this situation before years ago. Felt like shit because I didn't have a job, didn't want to talk to any family or reconnect with old friends because I was too afraid they'd judge me as some loser.
Just start ignoring your girlfriend, and she'll begin to shape up. It might take a LONG time, but once she realizes her "cry for help" doesn't work anymore, she'll change her tune.
Walk around the area you live, get lots of fresh air. It does WONDERS for your mood.
Also, you got out of college, right? When I got out of college, I ended up working shit jobs in a factory for 3 years, but I eventually became a supervisor there after surviving the change in ownership and massive layoffs. I've learned that employers don't fucking give a shit about fancy degrees. The old fucks that have worked at these offices/where ever for years would rather swallow razors than have a 20-something college twerp working as their equal.
I had to ditch my entitlement, swallow my pride, and work from the shitty grunt work to finally a somewhat managerial job.
My advice is to remember that just because you got a college degree, does NOT mean you have experience (with the exception of internships).
You're already in that low-down state of mind, I know this feel, Anon. But there's only one way to go from there, and that's UP. You got to build your confidence slowly, make lots of very small daily goals. It can be anything, as long as it's improving your situation somehow, like "drink an extra glass of water a day", or "wake up 30 minutes earlier than yesterday", etc.
When you achieve these small goals, you get tiny boosts of confidence. Trust me, these add up! Life is about being happy!
>>
>>16988316
>>16988316

thank you for the advice anon

I'm upset because my field is so competitive(imagine like law) and there is a huge disparity between the "good jobs" which uses things you learned and the scummy ones. I'm just applying for anything these days.
>>
File: 1367080537499.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1367080537499.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>16988435
I almost chose business law myself, but just stuck to administrative business. At least all the accounting classes taught me how to finance and do all my own taxes and shit. I applied at so many places for higher up positions like assistant manager, to vague ones like "efficiency manager", but I believe not having real field experience really killed any chances for me, and it's really competitive.
Never think you're less of a person for taking a job not suited to what you studied for. Just think of it as being busy, which gets your mind off of a lot of the negative shit.
>>
>>16987006
send her into rehab so you can get a break from her and so that she can work her problems.
>>
take a trip by yourself, for at least a month in a foreign country, not fancy, just go live have a look around
open your eyes
>>
>>16989371
that's my dream anon

I have no meaning to my life and I've never done anything cool through out mylife

I've never left the state I've lived in

but I have around 400$ to my name which isn't enough
>>
>>16987006
OP once you get an offer literally everyone and their mom will want to employ you.
>>
>>16988316
>I've learned that employers don't fucking give a shit about fancy degrees
that's only true if you have a worthless degree that is not on demand
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.